** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

jack// ani

In the zone
Re: problem

janitha said:
mannu143 said:
hi i have a Smart AX MT880 modem, the problem is that whenever there is a
fluctuation my modem trips breaking the link, and my download are stoped and broken.
i use elnova UPS and i have even tested other UPS also the problem is still there,

please help abpout this.

It happens most of the time in my case also but especially when the voltage is low and the relay in the UPS is actuated. I have also tried 3 different UPSs. I think the modem requires even lower transfer time than which is tolerated by the SMPS and the monitor.

V.Prem Kumar

Ah...its happen with me also, quite often!!

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ok guys,
wait for the XX reasons why BSNL sucks posts. desertwind and me gonna post it soon :D

meanwhile if you have anything to rant, post here. :p

jack// ani

In the zone
Ah....nice finally u did it!!

Here's the 25 I promised. I'm quite sure i can add more if I site for 10 more minutes.

1. DataOne is capped

Agree

2. DataOne offer Happy Hours but on wierd timings

Agree

3. DataOne billing is not transparent

Agreed partially!!

4. DataOne often send you overbills

Again agree partially!!

5. BSNL people knows nothing about DataOne

Very true!!! I agree 200%!!!!!!

6. BSNL do not support no other OS than MS Windows.

Agree

7. BSNL provides modem which contains Linux drivers for Linux OS that existed 2 years back.

I'm using a ethernet one...so no problem here. USB might be big mess!!

8. BSNL provides you with 100+ pages os usage statistics every month, still leaving you ignorant about your usage

Again very true!!!

9. BSNL think all it's customers are M.COM graduates

LOL...very ture!!

10. DataOne has got a Toll-Free number where no one picks up the phone

Never ever tried calling them.

11. DataOne depends on your telephone, If telephone is faulty, dataone is too

No...idea!! But that should happen with every adsl link isn't it!!

12. DataOne usage page doesn't support worlds second largest used Web Browser, Firefox

Yup...that happen!! BTW, which is first largest used browser?? Last i knew it firefox!!

13. Dataone allows anyone to access critical private data like usage statistics using a simple VB tool (like shaplus software)

True.

14. Dataone forces usage of proxy

No idea.

15. Using Dataone dynamic IP, many sites may ban/block you

Maybe...

16. Dataone allows spammers to reside in their network

Not sure!!

17. Dataone allows spywares in their network

Again not sure!

18. Once dataone is down, dont expect it to get repaired before a week

Never happned with me.

19. Dataone does not offer security for user accounts

No idea.

20. Dataone does not binds userids with their curresponding telephone Nos, so that anyone with an account can use any other account in any telephone

True

21. You contact your local telephone exchange for any billing complaints, they ask you to contact DE of your SSA

No idea.

22. You contact your SSA DE for billing complaints, he simply says that all billing are done from pune, so give me a complaint and wait. And they does nothing

Again no idea.

23. Dataone has several complaints with telephone usages, like in someplaces it just disconnects whenever an incoming/outgoing call is attended

Never happned with me.

24. In some places it denies working of plus features of telephone like call waiting, CLIP etc

Never happned with me.

25. Dataone does not a a proper complaint cell/contact person/helpdesk in action.

drgrudge: add your 7 to this. ;)

Waiting for drgrudge reply.......

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
DW, please enable smilies at yr profile/at each post ;)

Man, how to run IE? is it Run > iexplore.exe or jus explore.exe :?

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I never noticed that option. May be because I use quick reply feature most of the times. Why it is disabled by default ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No, its on your profile page... I dont think is disabled by default... I too use Quick Posting, jus enable 'Show smilies' in your profile and it will appear by defaulteven with QReply...

go4saket

All the above is actually true but one more thing s equally true... BSNL has the best speeds... But still, BSNL sucks...

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
drgrudge said:
What smilies? What are you guys talking abt?

There is a "Disable Smilies in this post" in the post a reply window, which makes a rolling eyes smiley looks like this :roll: instead of *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

That is on for me by default. let me check my profile options.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hey guys , I use Shaplus software to know my bandwidth usage for my Dataone 500 home plan.
Now , it shows usage in 3 categories : free , mixed and non- free. Now , what I want to know is , what is this mixed usage???
:?
I mean if I use net( for downloading) from 6 am to 9 am continuosly , all 3 hours usage will be deducted from my 1GB limit or just 1 hr i.e. 8 to 9 am and rest 2 hrs. will be adjusted in my free usage???
Please reply ... coz if all the 3 hrs. are included in my 1GB limit , I will be screwed. :cry:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Only 1 hour will be counted (90% times it wont be screwed up, hope for the best). Shaplus's mixed usage means if your session lasts from 01:00 to 08:00 hrs (and not from actual 2:00 hrs).

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
R u sure???
Coz many a times , i have opened my connection on 01:00 hrs. and even earlier and disconnected at 09:00 hrs. and sometimes even later( doing bulk of downloading between 02:00 to 08:00 hrs.)
Am I safe????

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
i think u r
but be on safer side
always reconect @ 2.10 a.m.
and disconnect @ 7.50 a.m.
10 minutes gaps on both ends assures peace

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
~Phenom~
if u want to confirm ur usage