** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

mannu143

Broken In
bill

i got my bill today for 2 months, it was 3000, i am using plan home 500, and when i complained and god details it was mentioned in bill plan250, first they were not accepting there mistake, now they r saying pay 3000 and it will be adjusted in next bills, these people simply dont know customer service.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
desertwind said:
i havent given an single paise till now for BSNL DataOne. Beleive it or not, not a single penny, even no rental.
ditto

{edit] for modem rental that is... :p sorry wrong quote... :oops:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hello, I have been using dataone for 4 months now since december 2005 and still I have not got the bill. Not that I am eagerly waiting for the bill but I am afraid BSNL people might make some mistake. At first it was the free trial scheme under Home Plan 250 for the first 2 months (dec'05-jan'06) and then since feb'06 after applying for Home Plan 500 I have been using the same. The usage for dec'05 was within 400MB but in Jan'06, it crossed over 500MB.

My first question: In the portal 10.240.43.216, is the usage shown in KB includes the data transferred in the unlimited period between 2AM and 8AM? I am asking this because in March'06, the total usage shown in that portal is over 1200MB.

My second question: When can I expect to get the bill and of what amount? Has anyone faced a similar predicament as mine? I had opted for the monthly rental of dataone modem since upgrading the plan from the free trial scheme. I am pretty much sure that excluding the traffic between 2AM and 8AM in march'06, my usage was within 1GB.

Please reply ASAP.

anubhav_har

In the zone
My first question: In the portal 10.240.43.216, is the usage shown in KB includes the data transferred in the unlimited period between 2AM and 8AM? I am asking this because in March'06, the total usage shown in that portal is over 1200MB.

If its free u'll be shown 0 kb transfer excluding Night Unlimited...like this..

*www.stickied.net/files/9b80723d093806745b136ecaf7a22989.gif

For your second answer i think drgrudge will be the best one to answer...

go4saket

Hey guys, is there a problem with the dataone site where we check our account bandwidth etc. Everytime I try to log in, it gives an error saying "The account is not validated".

Is this happening with others also or just with me.

By the way, is there any other way to check our bandwidth,. I am really worried as the month end is coming and I need to check my left over bandwidth so that I can download some stuff if anything is left.

go4saket

Thankfully I found out my total bandwidth usage from a software called Shaplus. The peoblem is that, in the software itself it said to configure the firewall in such a way that the software wont be able to connect to anyother site but only to dataone site, thus keeping the password safe.

I am using ZoneAloarm 6 firewall and was surprised to see that it didnt even give me a warning that Shaplus is trying to connect to the internet. I checked in the program control list of ZA and it has a question mark, thus indicating that ZA should ask me every time Shaplus tries to connect to the net. So how come shaplus could connect to the internet. Moreover, how do we setup so that a software is allowed to access only a particular website, in this case setting up Shaplus in ZA to visit Dataone site only.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Shaplus is safe AFAIE, it uses IE engine I think, to access things... perhaps thats y it accessed the net (using IE)

mannu143

Broken In
Re: **Post All BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

its urgent can someone please tell me how to configure D link 502t broadband modem for dataone, currently i have MT880 provided by BSNL.

Please HELP!!!!

soumya

In the zone

hey guys i had plan 250 till april 19th......plan 500 got activated the next day.......so how wil i b charged??......

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

good news , 256k unlimited announced

*broadbandforum.in/Bsnl-Unlimited-Plan-Announce-t4822.html

blackleopard92

In the zone

I want to get some things straight.

1: Do you actually sleep after 0000 hrs and wake before 0800 hrs?Isn't there some way of automating the process?

2.Do they consider upload as data-to-be billed?

3.I have found that lag on MTNL is too much for Broadband.Specially for FPS?
Is it a genreal trend?

4.What is that small box (labled ADLS inline filter) function?I operate it without any problems, although there is a lot of interference if you use phone simultaneously.

Also you can change your plans.Just send a written application to local snachar Hut for change of plan.

nawaz123

Broken In

How can I disable NAT in ppp mode instead of bridged mode.

If I disable NAt in ppp mode will the net works or not.

My connection disconnects after every 5 minutes :(

Got new about the unlimited connection, Im definately gonna take it

kjuvale

Pharmaguru

soumya said:
hey guys i had plan 250 till april 19th......plan 500 got activated the next day.......so how wil i b charged??......

depending on how much you used in remaining 11 days. apprrox. 1.2 rs/mb

KHUBBU

Journeyman

blackleopard92 said:
1: Do you actually sleep after 0000 hrs and wake before 0800 hrs?Isn't there some way of automating the process?

check out the tutorials section, there's one given by mario pant to schedule the process.

here's the link:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14599

Last edited:

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

I have been using home-250 since nov'05 and now I had applied for Home-500.How to know whether the change of the plan has been applied or not.

Top Bottom