** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

praka123 said:
Now from yesterday night onwards Bsnl dataone home500 @least is rocking :D
very good speeds for me.the user/passwd resolve issue also gone.
@janitha:any changes there?

Today it is again normal.

praka123

left this forum longback

but speed also increased earlier max speed i got was 217 KB/s and rarely it touches 225 KB/S.now the speed for torrents even reached 210 KB/s easily.the direct downloads from debian.org etc shows max near 230 KB/sec. :D

And do u ppl got there bsnl guys putting underground cables upto the house. :eek: yes three months back they wired up to our house by underground cable.waiting for this to be connected instead of from telephone post.-hoping some more speed in Dataone ;)

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Hello,

Can some one help me.

I can't upload files...
I am unable to attach files in Gmail & Rapidshare & other sites too....I am experiencing very low speeds.......

And moreover when I log in to their Portal i.e. *10.240.96.195/
and click on User Info.........I get this

Username "my username"
User Type Postpaid Users
User Status Offline
Create Time 2005/04/13 10:57:20

How can I be offline when I am accessing Internet through DataOne && I am not getting those options that use to come on the Left Side & on the Top under the banner........I have included a Screenshot:confused:

Last edited:

lalam

In the zone

I wanted to know something i'm currently on sify and is it possible that i get a bsnl broadband connection through some data cable and without the need of having a landline connection for i don't intend on getting a landline connection though.....

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

lalam said:
I wanted to know something i'm currently on sify and is it possible that i get a bsnl broadband connection through some data cable and without the need of having a landline connection for i don't intend on getting a landline connection though.....
No, You need a BSNL Landline for the DataOne ADSL serivice

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

i have a strange problem . i can connect to the net . google talk can sign me in . and everything is fine . sometimes , i cant access a few sites , sometimes i cant access any site(including dataone.in) with any browser . after a few minutes , everything is back to normal . sometimes i need to refresh the page , 5-6 times to access it . i had this problem 2 weeks back and i had told the customer service man and PROMPTLY after a week , he said the problem was corrected and i found myself satisfied . again the problem is somewhat vaguely repeating .why is it that sometimes , i cant access some sites(that my frens can with bsnl connection) ? thank you

super SLOW night speeds

hey guys,

i have been getting really slow download speeds at night time i.e., frm 2AM to 8AM... i am on 500 plan. i have observed that speeds are fine till 2 AM.

its like this..

1:45 to 2:00 - transfer rate:115 kBps
2:00 to 2:30 - transfer rate: 50 kBps
2:30 to 7:30 - transfer rate: 25-30 kBps
7:30 to 8:00 - transfer rate: 50 kBps
8:00 to 8:15 - transfer rate: 115 kBps [back on track]

is bsnl manually throttling the speeds during those times?? can i register any complain or is it a usual problem?

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic

hey guys can i stop the Broadband service for two months as i m going out..??

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: super SLOW night speeds

jack_the_ripper said:
hey guys,

i have been getting really slow download speeds at night time i.e., frm 2AM to 8AM... i am on 500 plan. i have observed that speeds are fine till 2 AM.

its like this..

1:45 to 2:00 - transfer rate:115 kBps
2:00 to 2:30 - transfer rate: 50 kBps
2:30 to 7:30 - transfer rate: 25-30 kBps
7:30 to 8:00 - transfer rate: 50 kBps
8:00 to 8:15 - transfer rate: 115 kBps [back on track]

is bsnl manually throttling the speeds during those times?? can i register any complain or is it a usual problem?

i think its the usual traffic prob . yesterday i had programmed pc to start at 2.30 am and hibernate at 7.30 am . so in 5 hours i downloaded abt 3 gb of data in torrents and the average speed as per my calculation will be 157KBPS.
try again and see .

Whhat abt my problem . it is still persisting . weird . . . . .

A

almighty

hi frnds
i opt dataone connection 10 days back with basic phone connection
as i am not aware of plans ,i go with the start up plan, i don know abt the limits, now i know that i can use only 1 gb in one month
currently i am using 250 home plan but i would to change it for 500 home plan...
i can i change it... do i have to apply for new connection...
actualy the main prob is that net and phone connection belong to my dad name
and he is not in the city now and probably he come back after 2-3 months...
so if i tell bsnl executives to change the tariff they ask for the owner permission which i am not able to give them ryte now...
but i don want to continue with this 250 home plan coz the usage limit is too low and it cross limit in a week only
so is dere any way to change the tariff online so that i can log with my id and pass and request bsnl to change or amend my current plan to home 500
plz help me out frnds
thanking u and expecting a reply soon

Ravirdv

Broken In

Hi, I want to get "Home UL plus plan" now my question is that, there is no monthly rental for landline so is it possible to activate other plans on landline like "111Plan" for free BSNL to Bsnl calls(gujarat)?????

mohit

The Hardware Labs

Hey people.

I am currently using BSNL Dataone broadband service and I would like to go wireless.

I want to know what all hardware (please post model nos as well) will I require if I want to go wireless with my lappy. The network should be decent in a large sized room.

I had the chance to use the wireless modem cum router provided by BSNL and it was made by Huwawei (I hope I spelled it right). It was very decent and simple to install and the best part was the modem was inbuilt in the router itself. It offered Wireless, USB and LAN connectivity in one single device and there was no need of anything else. As I said even the modem was in built.

I am looking for something like that but it should not be real expensive as well.

Please let me know what options I have.

Thanks.

Kniwor

Learner

Is a Bfone necessary for taking dataone connection.
If yes, will i have to pay the bfone bill too, it will be absolutely useless here, already there sufficient phones....
If bill is to be paid, what will be the minimum monthly after taking the starter plan (including bfone bill) that I will have to pay..

mohit

The Hardware Labs

Kniwor said:
Is a Bfone necessary for taking dataone connection.
If yes, will i have to pay the bfone bill too, it will be absolutely useless here, already there sufficient phones....
If bill is to be paid, what will be the minimum monthly after taking the starter plan (including bfone bill) that I will have to pay..
A Bfone is absoultely necessary for Dataone.

If you dont want to pay the Bfone rent then opt for the Home UL 900 PLUS plan which does not have the usual Bfone rental.

All other home plans will be charged the Bfone rental separately. The rental for the Bfone comes to approx 180 bucks in each billing cycle of 2 months. (This may vary depending on your location)

Ravirdv

Broken In

ok, i have applied for landline now if i apply for Home900+ then there would be no monthly rental for landline right?????????????

mohit

The Hardware Labs

Ravirdv said:
ok, i have applied for landline now if i apply for Home900+ then there would be no monthly rental for landline right?????????????

No there will be no rental for the landline in the HUL 900 PLUS plan.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

but if anyone wants any other plan then Unlimited then he can opt for incomming only by paying
monthly 120/-
or yearly 1320/-(instead of 1440/-)

mohit

The Hardware Labs

gary4gar said:
but if anyone wants any other plan then Unlimited then he can opt for incomming only by paying
monthly 120/-

Which plan is that ? Is that the Sulabh plan ? I was not being given Dataone facility on my Sulabh phone. Is it possible or is it some other plan ?

Kniwor

Learner

gary4gar said:
monthly 120/-

he said 180/- for 2 month cycle, isin't that cheaper...

Do u mean 120/- for 2 month cycle? and what's the name of this plan..

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz

hi!
i have an account with 250 home plan on my tel no. the dn/up is only limited to 1GB...if i use someone elses account on my line and if the dn/up limit of his account exceeds the max who will be charged me or him???

Top Bottom