** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

pop143

Journeyman
Time..???

hi friends...my clock may be slow or fast...by a few minutes...!!

how can i know the exact time..on which bsnl works..???

is it the IST..???? ...how can i find it out...is it specific o my region/area.??

plz help me guys..!

-pop

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I wanted to ask, how can we know which service a user has registered for by knowing his account pass, & user? Service includes which package he has taken.
I looked in Shaplus but it only shows 256Kbps. Now that can be for many packages.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
nix said:
which modem/router does BSNL give? is it the same for all? is it good?

As per their website, only the basic type is given now. It costs Rs.1200/- and has one USB and one Ethernet ports.

V.Prem Kumar

pop143

Journeyman
time.??????????

hi friends...my clock may be slow or fast...by a few minutes...!!

how can i know the exact time..on which bsnl works..???

is it the IST..???? ...how can i find it out...is it specific of my region/area.??

plz help me guys..!

-pop

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
lol I dont bother abt the time/clock of the BSNL servers, I just start my torrents at 2 am sharp (my watch time :p) it works out to be 1:55 am BSNL server time. But it's good in a way that i will be leeching at 100mb/hr by the time it's 2 am with the BSNL servers :D
So daily I start at 1:55 and disconenct at 7:57-58 am.

You can see check the time, but connecting once and then checking up with the logs in the BSNL site or using shaplus.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hey guys.
Now I also joined the broadband users club and without spending a penny.
How?
Well , today I got a call from BSNL and they told me to try their Dataone for two months absolutely free of cost.
I jumped up to the occasion and got it.
Now , the external ADSL modem is installed and I m enjoying the Broadband free of cost.
Isnt that gr8.
I m loving it, couldnt ask for more.
Can anyone tell me what will be the cost of this modem if I wanted to purchase it from market , in case I decided to keep it after trial .

nix

can anyone tell me if the Rs 1200 modem has port forwarding facility? is the Rs. 1200 modem a huawei modem? if yes, i would like to know the model number too. is it one of these:

* SMARTAX-MT-800
* SmartAX-MT882
port forwarding is really something that i want. if it doent have portforwarding, which other brand is good?

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
nix said:
can anyone tell me if the Rs 1200 modem has port forwarding facility? is the Rs. 1200 modem a huawei modem? if yes, i would like to know the model number too. is it one of these:

* SMARTAX-MT-800
* SmartAX-MT882
port forwarding is really something that i want. if it doent have portforwarding, which other brand is good?

Yeah Huawei SmartAX-MT882

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
Can anyone enlighten me ?????

I have taken the free BB offer from BSNL and is currently enjoying 2 months of free Broadband usage, now that my permissible limit is 400MB I always check it regularly.Now that there has been some unneccessary spikes in usage about 30-40MB and I changed the password immediately,

On the 29th I was outside home till 11pm and on the 30th when I checked it shows there has been a 190MB download on 29th from 9pm-2am

I was so shocked with this !!!!!!!! Man now I have to pay for the whole lot @1.4 rupee per Mb accounting to about Rs 280 whereas I haven't accessed the net then.

Man is this the service level of BSNL ????????

What to do now ?????

Help me guys,please

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Complain it to the officials quoting the time. They may be able to track the telephone no which the account has been accessed.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
yrana2002 said:
I wanted to ask, how can we know which service a user has registered for by knowing his account pass, & user? Service includes which package he has taken.
I looked in Shaplus but it only shows 256Kbps. Now that can be for many packages.

go to www.dataone.in and log in the a/c admin site. now click on 'USER INFO" tab on your left. it will show the details of the plan taken and date of creation.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
mohit said:
go to www.dataone.in and log in the a/c admin site. now click on 'USER INFO" tab on your left. it will show the details of the plan taken and date of creation.

Well, i did check in there, but the only thing it shows is "Postpaid". Now, there can be a lot of references with that. How do i know which plan is it? I know its got 256kbps by information from Shaplus.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i seem to have a strange prob

i return from coll after 6p.m

but when i checked the portal
it showed usage all day
its pathetic for me
50mb before even switchin the comp

is it like the portal can be wrong,
i dont think someone is hackin, as i change my password everday

or is it a case faults in the exchange
in tht case whom do i contact, coz the exchange is clueless tooo

do reply quickly

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
@Techie_Geek, can u tell me how we can check that how much MB we have already used?? I mean which site and on which link/tab option etc.
I think I should also check my account for usage.
So please tell.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
vijay_7287 said:

it showed usage all day
its pathetic for me

do reply quickly

dont worry dude .. me and a couple of my frnds also faced this prob 2 mnths back .. there was a prob wid the bsnl server and it showed logs of usage around 5.5 hours behind. jst give a letter to the concerned authorities in ur area and keep a stamped copy for urself. so this will make u safe frm extra billing as u would have already informed them about the prob,

mohit

The Hardware Labs
~Phenom~ said:
@Techie_Geek, can u tell me how we can check that how much MB we have already used?? I mean which site and on which link/tab option etc.
I think I should also check my account for usage.
So please tell.

goto www.shaplus.com/dataone and download the s/w frm there to chk ur usage.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
mohit said:
vijay_7287 said:

it showed usage all day
its pathetic for me

do reply quickly

dont worry dude .. me and a couple of my frnds also faced this prob 2 mnths back .. there was a prob wid the bsnl server and it showed logs of usage around 5.5 hours behind. jst give a letter to the concerned authorities in ur area and keep a stamped copy for urself. so this will make u safe frm extra billing as u would have already informed them about the prob,

i dont think its a case of logs arrivin off time
as the time i really use is shown correctly
so there is a log which is shown when i am not usin or someone else is usin on my a/c

any further ideas folks

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Oh yes, it is. Just configure Shaplus from Windows Firewall or any other firewall so that it connects to only the Bsnl site and not to anything else.
Search this thread 4-6 pages back to see how to do it.

Top Bottom