** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

hermit

Journeyman
saurav_cheeta Bsnl is hosting this on Chinees server As HUAWEI is taking care of dateone billing , modems .

S

saiaspire

One Doubt

I am on plan 250, 400mb per month.
Will i be charged if use 200mb in less than 15 days or not?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi, I don't know whether this has been discussed before. I had plan 250 and I had recently applied for plan 500. How to know that this has been activated?

Secondly if I had applied on the 4th of this month for the same, will I be charged for the usage upto the 3rd for plan 250 as well?

Thank you in advance.

H

harsh bajpai

adi87 said:
But this s***t implies that anyone can access anyone's account if they know the user name and the password.....adn the account bearer only will be charged.......&^#%(%$(# *
Is this the height of stupidity by BSNL ??????

Look at the bright side..you can use someone else's p/w, for higher speeds and he/she will be billed :twisted:

just kidding dude... :wink:

or am i? :twisted:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
digitized said:
Hi, I don't know whether this has been discussed before. I had plan 250 and I had recently applied for plan 500. How to know that this has been activated?

Secondly if I had applied on the 4th of this month for the same, will I be charged for the usage upto the 3rd for plan 250 as well?

Thank you in advance.

The right-most column of my service records says "Traffic(KB)(excluding night unlimited[For HOME 500/1000/1800/3300 plan only])" which was not shown previously when I was using plan 250.

Does this mean that the Home plan 500 has been activated?

Please reply soon.

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
Particular ID and Password ???

Hey! I support deserwind:

desertwind said:
janitha said:
go4saket said:
What can BSNL do about it... Cant you check anyone's email account if you know their username and password. A password is assigned to for for the basic reason that you can keep your account confined to yourself. So keep changing your password.

One thing what BSNL can do is assign the username and password to a particular phone number and do something that that username cannot be accessed by anyother phone number, but then this also has its one merits and demerits...

This is exactly what the BSNL engineer told me, ie. nobody can access my account and the username and password are set in the modem. (may be in the firmware) Anyway if I change my password, then I can't login and have to take the modem to their office. I check my usage often and so far it has not been more than expected.

Negative. I always change my username/password in my modem twice a day. (I'm using two accounts with one modem).

Hey , I and my friend always exchange our ids in case of any need, for example, if my download limit is full or the other way.
And also I have another friend who doesnot use her id much , so we often use her id also...but with her concern only...everytime everything works smoothly...no problem regarding id and password...and there is nothing that user id and password are set in modem, u r free to change your password as much as possible and you can change your id by requesting to BSNL and for that you dont need to bring your modem to them...

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Guys, how is the speed today?

I is very slow and I check it by downloading something, it hardly crosses 18-20kBps.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
drgrudge said:

I is very slow and I check it by downloading something, it hardly crosses 18-20kBps.
Very slow since yesterday.
Even the forum page doesn't open at times!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
janitha said:
drgrudge said:

Very slow since yesterday.
Even the forum page doesn't open at times!

But I am getting around 31kBPS in Download Accelerator. Seems there is some problem in your locality.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
related to dataone login

i have got dataone but have to connect to it everytime i log on on my compu. how to make it permanently on broadband.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
If you have some basic knowledge on Networking, refer to the following thread. That one is for gnu/Linux, But can be done on Windows too.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35004

janitha

Wise Old Owl
desertwind said:
If you have some basic knowledge on Networking, refer to the following thread. That one is for gnu/Linux, But can be done on Windows too.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35004

If somebody gives the specific procedure for Win XP, it will be useful to many.

V.Prem Kumar

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Have you been using Pure Bridged or PPPoE? (No idea)?
Do you use a username & password to dial in everytime?
If yes, then reply or if this also doesnt give you the assurity,

1. Type 192.168.1.1 in address bar of your browser.

2. Type admin in both username & password(default)

3. In the page that opens, scroll down to the table heading as "Wan Channel" and see WAN type in the first entry there, which will be your type of connection.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
yrana2002 said:
Have you been using Pure Bridged or PPPoE? (No idea)?
Do you use a username & password to dial in everytime?
If yes, then reply or if this also doesnt give you the assurity,

1. Type 192.168.1.1 in address bar of your browser.

2. Type admin in both username & password(default)

3. In the page that opens, scroll down to the table heading as "Wan Channel" and see WAN type in the first entry there, which will be your type of connection.

well i have saved my username and password so dont exactly type it and WAN type is Pure Bridged. so show the light. am using XP home.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
janitha said:
If somebody gives the specific procedure for Win XP, it will be useful to many.

V.Prem Kumar

1. On Network Connection, Right Click your LAN Connection, Click Properties
2. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and Click Properties
3. Enter the following values

IP: 192.168.1.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS: 61.1.96.69
Sec. DNS: 61.1.96.71

Save and Exit. Follow the router configuration from the above link.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
No problems this morning. 560mb downloaded :D
Still So much to download, but so little time!

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
thanx desert wind now tell me few more things. how to change the user account of dataone? i have got two. and is it account specific or computer specific. will my account which is permanent on my compu be used on another by the usual way?

Top Bottom