** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

kato

Karthiksn
The thing is we have seen many people using dataone as a dial up connection by some dialer but it is restriccted to only some places all others have always on connection

janitha

Wise Old Owl
kato said:
The thing is we have seen many people using dataone as a dial up connection by some dialer but it is restriccted to only some places all others have always on connection

I was asked by the BSNL people to configure the dial up. And it takes a minimum two minutes to get really connected to Dataone. My system is not a slow one and the telephone line is fine and wihout any noise.

And I have been wondering why it is called always on.

V.Prem Kumar

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
charangk said:
hi all,
By the permision of my friend i can now use his dataone account, as he will not be using it.when i tried to use his UN/PW, i did not get connected. the link led blinks in orange. is it now not possible to use others account ?

Ofcourse you can use it on your telephone, but dataone wont simply work on every telephone. For that you need your telephone to be BB enabled, which is done only when you apply for a connection.

kato

Karthiksn
I dunno maybe it might be the case for some ppl but mostly its always on which means u switch on the router/modem which u got from BSNL and it connects u without need of entering username and password always and as u r in Kollam maybe some Dataone user from kerala on the forum like Desertwind might be knowing wats going on there

janitha

Wise Old Owl
kato said:
I dunno maybe it might be the case for some ppl but mostly its always on which means u switch on the router/modem which u got from BSNL and it connects u without need of entering username and password always and as u r in Kollam maybe some Dataone user from kerala on the forum like Desertwind might be knowing wats going on there
Yes Kato, of course I would like to hear the experience of those in Kollam or anywhere else in Kerala

V.Prem Kumar

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi all.. I like to switch to BSNL BB.. I live in chennai and used to d/l min 5GB per Month.. I now use BSNL BFONE Dial-Up Connection..

One of my frnd told tht usin BSNL BB the d/l speed is only 4-5 KB/s.. Is it true.. Wats the max v can get usin BSNL BB.. TIA

kato

Karthiksn
U shud be clear wat plan u want to know about mostly ppl wanna know about the 500 home plan(256 kbps). If that is the case then the speeds u will get will be around 32 KBps and if u get lucky then u might get better speeds too

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
You'll get the download speed of 32 KB/s for a Home 500 connection. But there's a transfer limit of 1 GB with 2-8 AM Free.

The Max you can get for a Home use is 128 KB/s (1 mbps - Home 3300 - 10 GB Limit - Night Free) and a Business use is 256 KB/s (2 mbps - Business 9000 - 40 GB limit)

Check here for details

dreams

Gracias Senor
I want 2 goto Home Plan 500 PM. But one of my frnd told me tht he was able to d/l a movie of size 700 MB in 5 Minutes.. He was also usin Home Plan 500.. thts y i was askin.. Is it possible ??

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
dreams said:
I want 2 goto Home Plan 500 PM. But one of my frnd told me tht he was able to d/l a movie of size 700 MB in 5 Minutes.. He was also usin Home Plan 500.. thts y i was askin.. Is it possible ??

O my god thts not at all possible with 500 plan.
he getting 2.33MBps/sec as download speed he surely is lying...... :x

In BSNL DATAONE portal there are some options like Video Streaming for test......... Streaming Video on Demand Service..............bod test etc. Can u tell me what r these services in detail

janitha

Wise Old Owl
tanmoy_rajguru2005 said:
In BSNL DATAONE portal there are some options like Video Streaming for test......... Streaming Video on Demand Service..............bod test etc. Can u tell me what r these services in detail

There used to be such options there and I also used to wonder what they wre meant for, but those options are missing nowadays!

V.Prem Kumar

medigit

In the zone
In the DATAONE.In site it was said that dataone service will be affected on 22nd Jan due to some upogradation.My dataone was down yesterday .So what was the upgradation done..

medigit

In the zone
i have 2 accounts .One mine and the other is of my friend .Now i want to use the two acoounts simultaneously using virtual Pc or VMware.Can anyone explain how to setup theconnections.I want to use a account in Win Xp and the other account in Virtual Pc.Is it possible .. My config is

INTEL 865 GBF
P 4 2.4Ghz
Dlink LAN CARD
UTSTAR modem
768 Ram DDR
Home 500 Plan for DATAONE.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
medigit said:
In the DATAONE.In site it was said that dataone service will be affected on 22nd Jan due to some upogradation.My dataone was down yesterday .So what was the upgradation done..

I was not aware of it and that is why I asked.
But here at Kollam there has been no problem for the last so many days. But who knows when........!

V.Prem Kumar

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Dataone - Cheating in billing?

It was about three months back that I got my Dataone 250 Home Plan. I use it mostly for surfing, forums, very little downloads etc. and hence never exeed the 0.4 GB limit. i had paid the modem outright purchase price of Rs.1200 in advance and Rs.500 installation charge was paid with the first bill.

The problem is that every month I am charged in the bill Rs.166.67 as "ARDR instalment". When I enquird at the BSNL office, I am getting different answers. One of them told that the cost of modem is 2500 and the balance amount is relized in instalments which is definitely not correct. Another senior officer told that I had not applied for STD which is required for the BB and the deposit for the same is recouped in instalments, which is also not pertinent.

Above all, none of them knows what exactly is meant by the "ARDR instalment".

Will any of you explain?

with regards,

V.prem Kumar

Top Bottom