** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

go4saket

How do we configure shaplus with ZoneAlarm. What are the options we need to set for it so that it connects just with the BSNL server and nothing else?

adi87

Journeyman
DATA ONE -?????Who used my account?????-

DATA ONE has got me into serious trouble.......... I just got an account 2 days back.Also the password was provided.But when i checked my account use it showed that i alreadily had downloaded 1.61GB of software ( which i did not). ANd my plan was of 400MB ( 256 kbps free for 2 months.)So as per their rules will i have to pay 1.4 Rs. for (1.61X1024)-400 MB..((((which will drain my pocket.))))???? If i havent used i.e the account wasnt accessed from my telephone , would I be still charged?????? Please tell as i may have to file a complaint at the office

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Yes Unfortunately Someone has used up ur account
And hence u will be charged
as the telephone no. does not matter

adi87

Journeyman
But this s***t implies that anyone can access anyone's account if they know the user name and the password.....adn the account bearer only will be charged.......&^#%(%$(# *
Is this the height of stupidity by BSNL ??????

go4saket

What can BSNL do about it... Cant you check anyone's email account if you know their username and password. A password is assigned to for for the basic reason that you can keep your account confined to yourself. So keep changing your password.

One thing what BSNL can do is assign the username and password to a particular phone number and do something that that username cannot be accessed by anyother phone number, but then this also has its one merits and demerits...

adi87

Journeyman
I was refering to the stupidity of not assigning account unique to a phone no.
As i think taht SIFY has done -------
the account is unique to the LAN Card.!!!!!

AnilShenoy

Right off the assembly line
Can I get DataOne connection for my telephone connection, which is under SULABH PLAN ?

Please help asap.

thanks

janitha

Wise Old Owl
go4saket said:
What can BSNL do about it... Cant you check anyone's email account if you know their username and password. A password is assigned to for for the basic reason that you can keep your account confined to yourself. So keep changing your password.

One thing what BSNL can do is assign the username and password to a particular phone number and do something that that username cannot be accessed by anyother phone number, but then this also has its one merits and demerits...

This is exactly what the BSNL engineer told me, ie. nobody can access my account and the username and password are set in the modem. (may be in the firmware) Anyway if I change my password, then I can't login and have to take the modem to their office. I check my usage often and so far it has not been more than expected.

BTW I am repeating a question ((never answered) hoping that I am not violating rules. Why I am charged Rs.166/- every month as ARDR instalment for BB? Any of you being charged like that?

V.prem Kumar

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
janitha said:
go4saket said:

This is exactly what the BSNL engineer told me, ie. nobody can access my account and the username and password are set in the modem. (may be in the firmware) Anyway if I change my password, then I can't login and have to take the modem to their office. I check my usage often and so far it has not been more than expected.

Negative. I always change my username/password in my modem twice a day. (I'm using two accounts with one modem).

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
janitha said:
go4saket said:

BTW I am repeating a question ((never answered) hoping that I am not violating rules. Why I am charged Rs.166/- every month as ARDR instalment for BB? Any of you being charged like that?

V.prem Kumar

Man I only hope u were right
But you are not
Since Bsnl uses ADSL
usernames and passwords can be used anywhere
Suppose you have a 256 kbps connection on ur telephone
but u can still can use a 512 kbps connection

Tough luck

AnilShenoy

Right off the assembly line
desertwind said:
Yes, the telephone plans doesn't matter.

Thank you

but problem is - it is not possible get dataone through coin booth connection (my friend has tried that). so I wanted to know whether it is possible to get through sulabh plan. thankz

janitha

Wise Old Owl
[/quote]Man I only hope u were right
But you are not
Since Bsnl uses ADSL
usernames and passwords can be used anywhere
Suppose you have a 256 kbps connection on ur telephone
but u can still can use a 512 kbps connection

Tough luck[/quote]

Most probably you are correct but in our place things seem different. Eg., everywhere people seem to have always on connection but we have to dial up and wait for it to get connected to BB. Of course, there is no irritating tones like in the good old Dial Up.

V.Prem Kumar

kato

Karthiksn
Dude the password and username can be chenged in ur modem its very easy just type 192.168.1.1 type admin for username and password both and then go to WAN settings there u can see ur username and password of dataone just change it there. But remember not to fiddle with other settings too much or u might screw up (i did some fiddling after Qwertymaniac told me how to do it but luckily nothing went wrong) but DONT FIDDLE WITH ANY OTHER SETTINGS

janitha

Wise Old Owl
kato said:
Dude the password and username can be chenged in ur modem its very easy just type 192.168.1.1 type admin for username and password both and then go to WAN settings there u can see ur username and password of dataone just change it there. But remember not to fiddle with other settings too much or u might screw up (i did some fiddling after Qwertymaniac told me how to do it but luckily nothing went wrong) but DONT FIDDLE WITH ANY OTHER SETTINGS

Lot of thanks for the info.
The stupid BSNL engineers are reluctant to tell us such things even if they know.

V.Prem Kumar

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
Multiple Log-in IDs

When I had applied for BSNL Broad Band service, I got two IDs to log in,
One on Phone and One through letter...
To my surprise both worked and when I went to the BSNL Office they told me just to ignore one ID.
How can BSNL be such an idiot...???

Top Bottom