** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
medigit said:
In the DATAONE.In site it was said that dataone service will be affected on 22nd Jan due to some upogradation.My dataone was down yesterday .So what was the upgradation done..

yea its down for me from yesterday night not ok till now :(
listening to old modem symphony after few months....

go4saket

I had been reqularly checking my bandwidth from the dataone official website. Last month whenever I checked the bandwidth, it used to show the details of all sessions proir to the present session, no matter even if the last session ended ten minutes back. From this month onwards I marked that the details of the current date wasn't displayed and today I marked that the details of the last two days are not being displayed. This means that if i want to check the details of today, I have to wait for another two days to check it out.

Is this just happening with me or with everyone. If this continues, how can we check at the end of the month how much bandwidth is left which can be used to download some stuff.

I hope I am able to make myself clear...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
go4saket said:
I had been reqularly checking my bandwidth from the dataone official website. Last month whenever I checked the bandwidth, it used to show the details of all sessions proir to the present session, no matter even if the last session ended ten minutes back. From this month onwards I marked that the details of the current date wasn't displayed and today I marked that the details of the last two days are not being displayed. This means that if i want to check the details of today, I have to wait for another two days to check it out.

Is this just happening with me or with everyone. If this continues, how can we check at the end of the month how much bandwidth is left which can be used to download some stuff.

I hope I am able to make myself clear...

Yes, you are of course very clear and all these are correct in my case also. Now I am also getting 2 days old details while previously I used to get those of the previous session.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
here the usage display lag has gone to 4 days , wtf , on 25th of this month only the first record of the 21st date was visible . This is not fair. and its getting worse day by day .

elumalai

Broken In
for me too..!!

tarey_g said:
here the usage display lag has gone to 4 days , wtf , on 25th of this month only the first record of the 21st date was visible . This is not fair. and its getting worse day by day .

The same thing is happening for me too...the details get updates only after a couple of days.

go4saket

This is what sucks about BSNL. Is there some kind of a forum of BSNL where we can put in out complains or clearify our doubts. Dont tell me to contact in the BSNL office as the staff out there are the dumbest I have come accross...

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
A modem for 1200 sounds too cheap to me. Try searching for other similar modems cost at computers.ebay.in to get an idea of prevailing costs.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
chesss said:
A modem for 1200 sounds too cheap to me. Try searching for other similar modems cost at computers.ebay.in to get an idea of prevailing costs.

In fact that is the price at which everybody buys the modem/router from BSNL. It is also the price shown in their advertisements and in their website.

But the basic question is why they are charging Rs. 166.67 as "ARDR instalment" and whether everybody is charged like that.

An what is this ARDR?

V.Prem Kumar

foreveranuj

Broken In
Personally, I have very lil faith and respect for any Goverernment Enterprise(BSNL, Railways, Traffic Police etc.)

Not that SIFY is too good either, but ive had no reason to regret in the last 3years that ive been a customer of Sify.

Prolly, someone who gets the same charge can help you, Janitha.

Regards.
Anuj
*foreveranuj.tripod.com

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@ janitha,
Use this thread for all your Dataone related posts/queries. I am merging this thread here, next time around I will close the other threads.

@ foreveranuj,
Plz don't not use any links in your posts. Next time around I will edit it.

Merged

janitha

Wise Old Owl
drgrudge said:
@ janitha,
Use this thread for all your Dataone related posts/queries. I am merging this thread here, next time around I will close the other threads.

@ foreveranuj,
Plz don't not use any links in your posts. Next time around I will edit it.

Merged

Sorry, it was by mistake that i happened to post as a new thread.

pop143

Journeyman
got a doubt

hi guys...

for 2am-8am...free surfing hours....we should switch on the internet extacly after 2 am and switch off before 8am..????

is there anything like that...or else like 1.50 am..to 8.10 am....can i do..??

so that for that 20 min only i am billed...?? am i right..??

plz tell me..

-pop

nix

i thinking of getting BSNL dataone. will they give me a router? coz my ISP right now doesnt. that way i can configure it according to my needs.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
nix said:
i thinking of getting BSNL dataone. will they give me a router? coz my ISP right now doesnt. that way i can configure it according to my needs.

Either way you can. Only that if you buy modem/router youself, you wont get support/guarantee from BSNL.

sujeet2555

In the zone
can anyone can tell me ,how to configure to use remote desktop on dataone.as i connects to the client computer,it shows the window asking to log-off the administrator.while logging off the client computer gets disconnected.is there any-other method ?

Top Bottom