** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Help~Is~Here said:
I have to disagree with you here. Although you are right about the frequent disconnection part, you are wrong about the part that the underground cable isn't going to cause a problem.

Any problem with anything in between your modem and the server you are accessing will lead to speed problems whether it is your underground cable or server problems. Don't forget the part about SNR margins.;)

Sorry friend..I also dont agree with you.High SNR(signal to noise ratio)...is required to maintain steady speed. Below are factors for low SNR
1) Longer line.....

2)Speed of your internet connection.High speed connection ..lower SNR than on low speed connection on same line.

3)Hot weather and Wet weather on a connection somewhere could cause dampness and deteriorate the signal. This can be other reason for low SNR.

But when it comes to underground...these factors are negeligible.And if there is any cut in wire..than internet will not work totally.

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor

Guys, Me in chennai and usin the Unlimited plan..I am gettin a speed of 30 KB/sec normally..

I want to know how much u guys r gettin frm the unlimited plan..in chennai.

TIA

ravi_9793 said:
Sorry friend..I also dont agree with you.High SNR(signal to noise ratio)...is required to maintain steady speed. Below are factors for low SNR
1) Longer line.....

2)Speed of your internet connection.High speed connection ..lower SNR than on low speed connection on same line.

3)Hot weather and Wet weather on a connection somewhere could cause dampness and deteriorate the signal. This can be other reason for low SNR.

But when it comes to underground...these factors are negeligible.And if there is any cut in wire..than internet will not work totally.

Forget it, no point arguing wid u.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent

I m facing a strange prb. n m totally confused..

I recently took a BSNL Broadband Conn. under Home 500 plan. My modem wil b taking andr 4-5 days to arrive. So rite now I m using my frnds modem - DLINK 502T ADSL.

I got my username n passwrd from BSNL. So after connecting my frnds modem to my laptop, I didnt hav to do nething n Internet started immediately. No username or passwrd was required. My frnd n me hav diff. phone nos, userid n passwrd. Everytime I hav to just connect d modem to my laptop n net starts immediately.

My service record (with my userid n passwrd) at "*10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp" shows no usage but a service request of "Home 500 Plan - upto 2mbps".

So my query is -

1. How do I confirm if my frnds plan hasnt changed? (earlier he was on UL900) (I think I accidently mite hav changed his plan or smthng)
2. Whose account is getting charged?

PS: I dont want to change modem settings (192.168.1.1) but jst want my queries 2 b answered.

Peter Parker

Right off the assembly line

Stop spamming!
*clearblogs.com/selfimprovementguide/

Last edited by a moderator:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Akshay said:
I m facing a strange prb. n m totally confused..

I recently took a BSNL Broadband Conn. under Home 500 plan. My modem wil b taking andr 4-5 days to arrive. So rite now I m using my frnds modem - DLINK 502T ADSL.

I got my username n passwrd from BSNL. So after connecting my frnds modem to my laptop, I didnt hav to do nething n Internet started immediately. No username or passwrd was required. My frnd n me hav diff. phone nos, userid n passwrd. Everytime I hav to just connect d modem to my laptop n net starts immediately.

My service record (with my userid n passwrd) at "*10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp" shows no usage but a service request of "Home 500 Plan - upto 2mbps".

So my query is -

1. How do I confirm if my frnds plan hasnt changed? (earlier he was on UL900) (I think I accidently mite hav changed his plan or smthng)
2. Whose account is getting charged?

PS: I dont want to change modem settings (192.168.1.1) but jst want my queries 2 b answered.
its yours friends's account you are using, he will be charged for it:D

for plan change there no way you can change your plan from portal itself, for that you have to submit a application to BSNL. You can try to download some from internet say a 5mb file 7 see whether it is counted as free download or a paid one.

if he is on 900UL then it will be counted as free otherwise it will be counted as paid d/l

PS:do the above thing in non-happy hrs only

Vivek788

In the zone

@ravi_9793

My utorrent has been set according to portforwarding instructions,so it is set as u have shown...and though not all ,some of the torrents are new with quite a number of seeds and peers.

Its the http prob thats really a pain in the neck...i use LAN,should I switch to USB...?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

Vivek788 said:
@ravi_9793

My utorrent has been set according to portforwarding instructions,so it is set as u have shown...and though not all ,some of the torrents are new with quite a number of seeds and peers.

Its the http prob thats really a pain in the neck...i use LAN,should I switch to USB...?
No..that is not a http problem. And dont shift to USB.There is no speed issue betwwen USB and LAN..but USB faces frequent disconnection problem.

BTW..have you measued your downloading speed at some sites??

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Vivek788 said:
@ravi_9793

are using DNS provided my BSnl??
then it must be the culprit
use OpenDns they are much faster, google for it

Vivek788

In the zone

oh..i never thought of such a situation...thanks..will try openDNS

amianirban

Getting timeout in BSNL account usage page

Whenever I login to BSNL site *10.240.43.216 to check my account usage, I get a message "Sorry. Operation timed out. For safety, please log in again". The url of this timeout page is *10.240.43.216/myportal/myportaltimeout.jsp. I remember earlier I could enter successfully. Do any of you face/had faced similar problem? What's the remedy?

janitha

Wise Old Owl

At times it takes several attempts to login, and each time there is a different error message. (server not responding, line is busy etc. etc.) Anybody facing a similar situation?

praka123

left this forum longback

Firefox/Iceweasel now works fine with dataone administration account.
*10.240.64.195/ is the address and everytime it logs in fine.

brainstar

hi ppl,
i am a bsnl(bangalore) dataone customer iam having home-500 plan which has foll. features. The maximum free bandwidth usage is 2.5GB and has an night unlimited option i.e., i can download for free from 2:00 am t0 8:00am. But in my bsnl account viewing site iam not able to differentiate between free usage and normal usage so please help me in this regard i'll be thankful for whoever solves dis problem........... *vinuthomas.com/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

brainstar said:
hi ppl,
i am a bsnl(bangalore) dataone customer iam having home-500 plan which has foll. features. The maximum free bandwidth usage is 2.5GB and has an night unlimited option i.e., i can download for free from 2:00 am t0 8:00am. But in my bsnl account viewing site iam not able to differentiate between free usage and normal usage so please help me in this regard i'll be thankful for whoever solves dis problem........... *vinuthomas.com/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
use this tool
*shaplus.com/exes/misc/DataOne-Bandwidth 2.7.zip
Dataone website provides only total monthly bandwidth consumed and does not provide free and chargeable bandwidth separately. The session logs can run into multiple pages and it is difficult to add all the session logs to find the total chargable monthly bandwidth usage.

The following tool will calculate the Total chargeable monthly Bandwidth consumed.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz

hello, guys..
i recently got a new datone connection H500 plan, which i had earlier as well, but somehow i've been having a strange problem..
My modem keeps on disconnecting every minute. I just cant understand why, almost every minute it disconnects, then connects for a few minutes, and then same again.
With this, i cant surf and download properly..Kindly help me on this issue

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

^try changing the modulation mode.
open the Modem Settings page ( *192.168.1.1/ ), the User Name & p/w = admin.

follow the instruction as in pic.

*img178.imageshack.us/img178/6306/bsnleq5.th.jpg
[Note: this pic shows Huawei SmartAX MT880 Modem.]

Top Bottom