** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

direfulsky

Broken In
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

thanks lot guys. i really appreciate your help..yes i did got freddle around with things.. the clues all u provided me..now at last i did delted all my connections there.. and created a new one...and now my connection is up and running..
thanks again..
have a nice day
happy independence day!

brainstar

Right off the assembly line

hi ppl,
bsnl bangalore has really gone mad, yesterday i got the bill for dataone it says i need to pay Rs.7006. I got my brroad band connection on March'07 aunder 250 plan on the month of may i wrote an application for change of plan from home-250 to home-500. BSNL staff said dat ur plan will change from the month of June'07 as usual they cannot change the plan in between any month. So from the month of June i started using night unlimited traffic even though noticing there was no change of plan in my account, hence i got the confirmation from the bsnl staff via telephone (I doubly confirmed from them that there was a change of plan in bsnl server) and in the month of July'07 i received a bill of Rs.3187 i went to the bsnl regional office to sort it out actually i had not even downloaded not even 2GB(2.5GB is the maximum free usage) and it sorted out in the month of July'07 itself and got a new rectified bill and in yesterdays bill it was mentioned that i need to pay again for the month april, June . Also they have chaeged me twice i.e, for the month of june the amount has repeated twice hence the bill amount has gone upto Rs.7006

Isn't this a real madness.................
please post ur opinions on this

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

brainstar said:
hi ppl,
bsnl bangalore has really gone mad, yesterday i got the bill for dataone it says i need to pay Rs.7006. I got my brroad band connection on March'07 aunder 250 plan on the month of may i wrote an application for change of plan from home-250 to home-500. BSNL staff said dat ur plan will change from the month of June'07 as usual they cannot change the plan in between any month. So from the month of June i started using night unlimited traffic even though noticing there was no change of plan in my account, hence i got the confirmation from the bsnl staff via telephone (I doubly confirmed from them that there was a change of plan in bsnl server) and in the month of July'07 i received a bill of Rs.3187 i went to the bsnl regional office to sort it out actually i had not even downloaded not even 2GB(2.5GB is the maximum free usage) and it sorted out in the month of July'07 itself and got a new rectified bill and in yesterdays bill it was mentioned that i need to pay again for the month april, June . Also they have chaeged me twice i.e, for the month of june the amount has repeated twice hence the bill amount has gone upto Rs.7006

BSNl workers are little lazy...but sometime they are fast. :D

utsav

damn busy...

some one plz solve my query plz on post number 2174

utsav said:
hey i don't hav bsnl landline.so what will be d initial cost of getting the landline and home 500 plan with a type 1 modem.type 1 modem is for Rs 1200 . and how much i have to pay for getting d connection and landline.

i don't want to use bsnl landline .do i hav 2 pay its monthly rental also

The only way you can not pay for the landline and use broadband is with the Home900 plan.. where you don't have to pay any rentals.. as for all other connections, you have to pay telephone rentels.. or what you could do is.. take a connection and make your connection only incoming with no outgoin.. you might still be charged a bit for it.. but lesser..

As far as the exact payments are concerned, please refer BSNL's website at www.bsnl.in You can't find more details that what is there.. so refer the website first..

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

brainstar said:
hi ppl,

in ur bsnl page it shows ur plan has been changed or not if showing so u can reduces the rate of night free

iffmainak

I am subscribed to the dataone home plan 500, and whole of last month we were not in home. Computer was not switched on for even a single minute. And this month we got an internet usage bill of about Rs 5500( 500 rental + 5000 @ .80/mb download extra!!) ...This is BSNL ... really dont know what to say .. I am even not able 2 check all the usage details on net, since servers are as usual down ...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

iffmainak said:
I am subscribed to the dataone home plan 500, and whole of last month we were not in home. Computer was not switched on for even a single minute. And this month we got an internet usage bill of about Rs 5500( 500 rental + 5000 @ .80/mb download extra!!) ...This is BSNL ... really dont know what to say .. I am even not able 2 check all the usage details on net, since servers are as usual down ...
Did you changed you account password???????

leftalone

Excuse Me,
I'm in kerala and i'm recently broad-banded...
The person juz gave me the modem and i manged to set it up..

The problem is with the torrents.
I use uTorrent..

I couldn't download a thing and the speed is 0.5 Kbps and the like....
The uTorrent port check displays that the port is not open.
I've tried many ports, but no use...

CAn someone help me out???????

I have the 500 plan and i have amazing speeds.
But, the problem is with the torrents.
The speed is 0.5 kbps and not even one port can be opened...

So, i'm dissapointed as i cannot download torrents...
I USE uTorrent...

Can someone help me wiht port forwarding?????

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

i am a linux user.I can give the basic things.firstly if urs is a single computer,open a random port say 25784 in firewall whatever u use(comodo,zonelam,winxp default etc).then go to µtorrent options and add this port as incoming tcp/udp listening port.save the settings.and try.
and goto
*portforward.com
for details.btwn Azureus too is a good client.

leftalone

praka123 said:
i am a linux user.I can give the basic things.firstly if urs is a single computer,open a random port say 25784 in firewall whatever u use(comodo,zonelam,winxp default etc).then go to µtorrent options and add this port as incoming tcp/udp listening port.save the settings.and try.
and goto
*portforward.com
for details.btwn Azureus too is a good client.

I've done that...
Still no ports open..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

I am facing one problem with DATA One off late...

Out side Indian Network sites are running damn slow, this screen shot may explain a bit, tried to ping, google.com and vsnl.com at once... here is the result...

*img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0583b5441d.jpg

:| :|

any one facing the same ??

praka123

left this forum longback

^no such problems.may be set ur MTU to 1492 will help?
Code:
sid:~# ping google.co.nz
PING google.co.nz (72.14.207.104) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from eh-in-f104.google.com (72.14.207.104): icmp_seq=1 ttl=240 time=325 ms
64 bytes from eh-in-f104.google.com (72.14.207.104): icmp_seq=2 ttl=240 time=327 ms
64 bytes from eh-in-f104.google.com (72.14.207.104): icmp_seq=3 ttl=240 time=325 ms
64 bytes from eh-in-f104.google.com (72.14.207.104): icmp_seq=4 ttl=240 time=327 ms
64 bytes from eh-in-f104.google.com (72.14.207.104): icmp_seq=5 ttl=240 time=326 ms
64 bytes from eh-in-f104.google.com (72.14.207.104): icmp_seq=6 ttl=240 time=327 ms
64 bytes from eh-in-f104.google.com (72.14.207.104): icmp_seq=7 ttl=240 time=326 ms
64 bytes from eh-in-f104.google.com (72.14.207.104): icmp_seq=8 ttl=240 time=327 ms
64 bytes from eh-in-f104.google.com (72.14.207.104): icmp_seq=9 ttl=240 time=327 ms

--- google.co.nz ping statistics ---
9 packets transmitted, 9 received, 0% packet loss, time 7996ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 325.416/326.889/327.926/0.926 ms

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

@praka123

1st of all its Bridge mode Connection... so that MTU value of Modem shouldnt come to effect, second of all, i didnt know MTU settings would effect only Non Indian (BSNL/VSNL) Network IPs

please Explain....

praka123

left this forum longback

^i am no expert in networking.even i use bridge mode.(using pppoe linux dialer from os).the MTU value for ur lan card is what i am saying.it has to do with preventing some packet(internet data are send in packets right :D ) collision etc by reducing MTU from default 1500 to some value which fits.for Linux,it is set at 1492.below is the output of ifconfig(ipconfig /ALL in win).
Code:
ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol  
          inet addr:59.9efs  P-t-P:59.94.0.5  Mask:255.255.255.255
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  [B][U]MTU:1492[/U][/B]  Metric:1
          RX packets:3362 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:3288 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:3 
          RX bytes:3046631 (2.9 MiB)  TX bytes:411599 (401.9 KiB)
may be i will find a link for windows.I have the link.but lost.
remember i am using OS dialer,not the ppp mode of router dialer.
edit link:
*help.expedient.com/broadband/mtu.shtml

Last edited:

Daffodil

From this afternoon dataone downstream and upstream speeds have been abysmally slow in Bangalore.
URL: *myspeed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html
When: Wed Aug 15 22:11:37 IST 2007
Download: 36,192 bps
Upload: 19,144 bps
QOS: 3%
RTT: 2 ms
MaxPause: 4267 ms
Test #: NA
That is 36Kbps/19Kbps as against 2048Kbps/512Kbps.
This is now happening too frequently. Very poor service by dataone. With such low upload speeds one cannot enter and execute any online activity like booking railway tickets or online banking transactions and now dataone is talking of IPTV. May God save those taking IPTV service!

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

I am not facing any ROT after pinging google.com
I am a Airtel subscriber

paid

Journeyman

Net connection on UT-300R2U frequently gets disconnected every 4-5 minutes changed modem & external Line but no success. switched modes to G.DMT but all in vain. Modem is connected with splitter but it makes no difference if I remove telephone. I am posting ADSL Log File

Other Details:

SNR Margin 21.5db 20.5db dB
Line Attenuation 41.5db 25.0db dB
Loss of Signal 0 0
CRC Errors 0 0
Data Rate 2047 Kbps 251 Kbps kbps
Latency Fast Fast

Please help

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

paid said:
Net connection on UT-300R2U frequently gets disconnected every 4-5 minutes changed modem & external Line but no success. switched modes to G.DMT but all in vain. Modem is connected with splitter but it makes no difference if I remove telephone. I am posting ADSL Log File

Other Details:

Loss of Signal 0 0
CRC Errors 0 0
Latency Fast Fast

Please help
First Q-->> wht connection do you use LAN or USB???
Q2-->> Does you link light also drop when your net is disconnected???

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz

paid said:

Other Details:

Loss of Signal 0 0
CRC Errors 0 0
Latency Fast Fast

Please help

I have same modem... No such problem for me... Btw i am using USB mode...

Top Bottom