which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Re: worst no-ki-a

pravinbv said:
Yes its right, those who blame SE, have never used it.
Nokia is like " just have everything, no matter whatever the quality. example is music players, even in high end NSeries, the music is just like a local village banjo party quality sound. nothing about the quality. and the screen, everyone knows it. on the other hand, SE has the BEST quality Music. best quality display,
and the higher market share is because of the basic phones not beacause of the qauality phone. most of the share is beacause of phones like 1100, 1600, 2600, 1110, 3310, 3315, and the series is toooo long, just phone even a lindline phones now a days have better features. i dont know why people try to justify that Slooooooooooooooooooooooow processing, ( slowest processor in every phone) All the phone are same.:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

Chill man :D

rob7

Right off the assembly line
He28 said:
Wait guys...

Let me know if Sony's w810i a good choice...??

Most of my friends are using Sony Ericsson with no problems. So bottomline is:

Sony Ericsson Rules.
Sony Ericsson Is The Best!!

I got mine a week ago.
Make sure to get an unlocked one.
My impressions on the sony ericsson w810i:
UNBELIEVABLE.

I was at a buddies apartment last night and we were in the basement. The walls were really thick and CONCRETE.

He had a motorola razor with t mobile monthly plan and i had my sonyericsson w810i with t mobile pay as you go.

He did not have a signal strength at all and i had 3 bars full.

Usually he NEVER gets calls in his basement b/c of his signal.
Well all of a sudden my phone is going between 2-3 bars and he gets a call from his girlfriend with 2 bars.

He LEECHED from my sony ericsson.
The call quality is amazing.
Photo quality is unbelievable too.
Never knew the orange circle in the front was for self portraits until today.

I was told Nokia was decent and was thinking of getting one once.
My buddy had a nokia flip phone and he bumped against a table corner.
When he unflipped his nokia the screen wouldnt work.

So Sony ericsson is first and Nokia comes second.

I highly recommond the sony ericsson w810i.

I was in a 3 story building on the third floor.
My buddy had a razor with cingular monthly service and he had no bars.
I had four bars.
This phone is unbelievable.
The quadband is amazing.

I believe it beats up ANY nokia by a longshot.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
but Nokia symbian 60 is best...so much availability of pirated softwares ;) and playing games on nokia is worth...the keys of W700i are so small ..fingers pain while typing two or three sms..game khelna to door ki baat hai

can anybody tell which is the cheap and best symbian 60 nokia ..wid a good speaker sound

margish

Right off the assembly line
the Sound Quality of Sony Ericsson and its picture technology with the CYBERSHOT clearly proves Nokia to be a sucker....apart from that...Nokia Phones always get hanged....and the time taken for nokia phones to access the Data Storage Card is pathetic
and adding fuel to the fire are the queues @ Nokia Care Centres and the time they take to service ur handset........
Nokia is Cheating people......it just wants PROFIT!!!!
Since they never invent any technology...and just copy others...they have never mastered any of the technologies...jack of all trades
they are no match for Sony Ericsson

this is the hidden but the NAKED TRUTH bout NOKIA....i know this coz i work for Nokia CALL Centre...SCICOM in BANGALORE

Sony Ericsson ROcks

choudang

Padawan
Nokia: User friendly menu (but all new models are complicated, even in e50, gallery is listed under media, which is supposed to be in the main menu), they have launched several models, but if we look very closely it will show that only frame has been changed and they added one or two more components (e.g. 6610 and 6610i, only vga camera). You can install all the stuffs which is belongs to symbian OS (obviously version specific e.g. LiveTV.sis can not be installed in version 3 where .sisx is meant for version 3 phones), cheap accessories (an headphone can be found under 100 bucks). Hanging is the common problem in Nokia, (you are in a call and you want to make con call, accessing menus, it hangs)

Sony Ericsson: Flash menus which are not in Nokia, menu and submenus are complicated as compared to normal Nokia phones; menu is constant in SE as compared to Nokia, means you will find same main menu in every (almost) normal SE phones where Nokia is lagging behind. Settings are more complicated e.g. for a GPRS settings you have to go thru by 3 different sub menus (Data comm.., Internet Profiles and Streaming Settings) where Nokia is having very easy steps to do the same (Settings > connections > access points). W/L file transfer is absolutely awesome in SE phones as compared to Nokia phones. In N6610, they have IrDA but it is workless for file transfer as they have not provided “send via infra” and in Nokia diff models are not successful to send files via IrDA, where in segment SE phones are far advanced. An even older J series phone has IrDA and it can be paired with w810, K750 etc. You can not install all the stuffs like Nokia as SE belongs to Java. Nokia is being sweetheart for virus attacks, where SE stands as a solid wall (I’m not talking about smart phones like communicator, P900 only compared 6600, 3230, N70, N73 with w810i, K790i, w910i etc).

P/N: I was a die hard fan for Nokia as I have used it for period on 4 years but I was missing something. I have changed my phone to SE but still I think something I want more. But honestly with SE I’m very much happy.

Head Banger

Journeyman
Cool G5 said:
Now Nokia Xpress Music has pwaned W-series.
Also N82 beats SE in terms of camera quality. :cool:
A great saying of mobilereview forum..I had Tested every xpress series and believe me,only the 5610 comes close to walkman based phones(imo).Still sound quality is subjective.

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
m not sure abt experience which i dun hv yet on any....but news sez currently nokias music xpress is runnin in better than w-series....though m an se fan n also own one...n m very much satisfied wit it....i hv k300i, a lower end phone wit vga n basic media player at just 4.7k whose sound is better than many of higher end n-series...n cam can beat any vga cam frm nokia or any other...even gets closer to nokia 1.3mp s....

but nw ts fairly possible as i read in review....walkman r not upgrading thier hardware whr nokia n samsung hv put changes in thr hardware....se r working wit thier software n not sound chip...

Enjoy~!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Although I m myself eyeing on the W960i, but with the recent launch of Nokia N82, I might have to change my preference. Other then the fact that N82 comes with a 5 MP Camera, it comes without a hard disk, a better screen, & no touch screen support which are sure to reduce the cost compared to W960i. Dimension wise they are similar.

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
I also used Sony Ericsson K750i for 5 months and i had faced many problems till now like battery life too much low, signal strength low , menu selector problem,sound quality metallic and scratchy and camera quality not as much good as nokia. I prefer nokia and itz best in its all quality and give perfect features in it not as sony ericsson.Now Xpress muzik also beats Walkman series and N82 as "CoolG5" said is best in camera beats all phones in camera

Rockstar11

Technomancer
I have Nokia N73.
But Sony Ericsson is better than Nokia.

hmm.. kabhi kabhi nokia pe mujhe gussa aa jata hai...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/14.gif
N73ME maine sirf music aur camera ke liye liya tha..
aur mujhe kya mila.. hissing sound noise and blue haze image (low light enviroment) *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif
aur nokia ise kehte hai music edition aur 3.2 mp camera *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/realmad.gif
no new firmware update and fix for this bugs.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/29.gif
im very dissipointed at nokia.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/22.gif

music and camera = sony
video recording,S60 support = nokia

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
But sony ericcson doesnt' have symbian support and nokia has symbian support and we can install many softwares and in sony mostly no softwares we can install, nokia rocks and sony sucks

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
for music its always SE .. nokia sucks at music
check out any website .. including mobile review

SE w910i is the only phone that Nokia Express beats
and Nokia express comes no close to Other Walkman

Walkman gives competition to apple ipod not Nokia Express
starting w800 equals Ipod .. Read any review.. and its only getting better with newer walkman phones

about reception .. don't be fooled SE is too good at it ..! if you did not know !
its only boring symbian that lacks

symbain is for uncles not for youngsters who want music and camera .. ! also there are lots of java games and apps .. incase you thought its not available

more over now its soo easy to customize SE Phones with Tools like XS++

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
its only boring symbian that lacks

symbain is for uncles not for youngsters who want music and camera .. !
Forget NOOB of the Week, that comment is worthy of NOOB of the Millenium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom