Nokia versus Sony Ericsson

which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
There has been a lot of dicussions and topic regarding which mobile to go for...

my choice would be Nokia

becoz...
nokia has a large choice, from 3310/3315 series to 7250....
range form 3k to 37k
beter after sales service,
more dealers to buy from, also has their exclusive shop...."priority" dealers
good hardware and body make...

and so on...

nokia rulezzzzzzz....

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
i do agree drgrudge.. nokia definitely has an edge over SE.. SE phones are more cute, less expensive, and are feature-ric.... Nokia phones are user friendly, more robust.. and have lots of software available cheap..

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

and another problem with se is that they dont seem to catch weak signals properly...

lighthouse911

Broken In
It used to be nokia... But Year 2003 belonged TO SE.There is no doubt abt that.....
Nokia has got better range but that is of no use because most of the phones are exact clones of each other
7210=6610=6100
7250i=6610i
6510=8310

Even in case of SE that is happening
T610=T630=Z600

anyway It all depends on personal preferences....

Nokia makes great smartphones and it also has a winner in normal phone category in the form of 6230.But yet things are surely abt to change...Se is here and It's here to stay....u won't ever get bored with Se but with nokia with the same old boring menu u would get bored within a week.......

Take the example of 6230.great phone with great features,Yet u will get bored of the bad lookin UI in a week..with SE u can do so much. themes,screensavers,BIGGER java Games,Better sound quality....

Nokia is way better in reception but nothin comes near a sonyericsson in terms of voice quality...

and speakin of range

T230(4.5k) vs 3120(6.5k)

here nokia has better features but it is way costly

T610(9k) vs 6610i (9.5k)

T610 is phone of the year.6610i is 7250i repackaged.

K700i(16k) vs 6230(15k)

6230 has mem card and Edge...other then that it gets it's ass spanked all over by K700i. Screen,Camera,Amazing UI,#D java ,Flash and what not....and then that beautiful sounding Mp3 player...

7610(24k) vs P900(38k)

Yaaa, That is why I say SE's portfolio is incomplete.It does ot have a good cheap smartphone to take on the likes of 6600 and 7610...

so I have to agree with u all..That presently nokia is better. :)

But who knows?? maybe next year they will swap places!!

lighthouse911

Broken In
all nokia phones(except 3650,3310,7650,6600) rattle very much....

this I am saying frm personal experience.. NOkia's build quality is pathetic...If u do not believe me then try 6610,7250,6230 and all these phones supposed to be high end...

and after that hold a k700i or T610 in ur hand...
You will urself know which phone has a better build quality!

G

gxsaurav

I got SE K500i so I recomend it

The thing is Nokia has a lot of phones in the value segment due to which it has a big market share overall,they provide only the features which U would want from a 5k or 7k phone ,nothing more nothing less

The really need to launch some cheap 64K color based model & clamshell models, or they will soon lose to Samsung, cos they rule the clam shell market

SE, well, they sale for Quality, & high tech, can U belive a phone like K500i for 11k, with this much features & a extremely nice Cam,

None of the Nokia Smartophones, not even 7610 matches the P800,P900 & P910i in performance & quality,

SE goes for symetrical designes, simple ones, nokia, all are bar types, samsung, clamshell is the way to go

Nokia needs to produce some phone swith 64K color, bluetooth & 16MB+ non expandable memory (expandable will cost more) for less then 10k if they want to cpmpete, the days of 4096 colors are gone now

Anyway it also depends on the user, what he prefers, I had a Nokia 3315 before the K500i, & belive I never though of Nokia 6610i insted of k500i, reason, the features I wanted were given better in the K500i

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
k500i is a world apart phone ...and the Price to performance ratio is superb...the camers shutter looks kinda Good...anyway Where NOKIa is Maruti..made for all and each ....Sony Ericsson is SKODA....Quality obssessed...
And has anyone used t610 and t630 or k500i or k700i....the placement of the button is just a tad way too perfect...
MOREEVER the MAJOR Difference between Sonyericsson phone and Nokia ( for that samsing , motorolla, Lg ) is Sonyericsson doesnt use Proprietor software...like nokia and other..meaning you can use windows Xp or 98 inbuilt infrared or Bluetoth to connect the phone and transfer games and images...
Forthose stuck with Nokia and Samsung ...its just too adventurous connecting the phone everytime to the PC and Crossing Fingures...that everything will go right...Sonyericsson rules right Away...
Other thing the Battery life...SonyEricsson rules again.....Well i have three mobiles to my disposition ...Sonyericsson k500i , Nokia 3105 , E700 Samsung ( my wifes ) ...Nokia QD ...and of all the Phones ...SonyERICSSON k500i RULES..

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

lighthouse911 said:
all nokia phones(except 3650,3310,7650,6600) rattle very much....
wht u mean by rattle?

lighthouse911 said:
this I am saying frm personal experience.. NOkia's build quality is pathetic...If u do not believe me then try 6610,7250,6230 and all these phones supposed to be high end...
nokia 6610, 7250i are the best in terms of build quality, the keypads as well as the overall body make is good..., i have dropped my 6610 a couple of times and still it works good...

DID U READ THE REVIEW IN DIGIT , NOKIA MODELS ARE THE BEST IN TERMS OF BUILT AND MAKE.....

gxsaurav said:
I got SE K500i so I recomend it
everyone will recomend a mobile which they have....., so dont tell that i have this model and make and all u guys go for this.....

gxsaurav said:
SE goes for symetrical designes, simple ones, nokia, all are bar types, samsung, clamshell is the way to go
who told nokia models are all bar types... do u know what shape 7600 is? it is a leaf shapped one, and the recent 7610 is not a bar shapped one...and the n gage QD , it is not a usuall bar type....

gxsaurav said:
Nokia needs to produce some phone swith 64K color, bluetooth & 16MB+ non expandable memory (expandable will cost more) for less then 10k if they want to cpmpete, the days of 4096 colors are gone now
all these feature would cost a bomb..., not 10 k....and i think all these features comes in 6600, which costs 16k

freshseasons said:
Where NOKIa is Maruti..made for all and each ....Sony Ericsson is SKODA....Quality obssessed...
i think it is the other way around...

freshseasons said:
Other thing the Battery life...SonyEricsson rules again....
it all depends upon wht kinda nokia phone u have.., not all nokia phones have low/less battery life....

freshseasons said:
SonyERICSSON k500i RULES..
nokia 7610 rulezzz

G

gxsaurav

drgrudge

Ok, tell me the samsung X600 provides 64K color, IrDA, 10 MB memory & still costs 9k, how they made it this much cheap

Nokia's leaf designs are not standerd, I m not talking about them,, in that case we also have S700i, revolving, Motoroal V70 revolving, Samsung E800, slide open, they are also original designs

One thing is that I don't like the E800 or S700i, reason, due to this revolving & slide open they become to fat, k500i is .5 inch fat, k700i .5 again, S700i in 1 inch thick when both parts are closed

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well first of all...u cannot compare the SE P900/910 with a nokia 7610...come on!!! the only current nokia phone that can even come close is the communicator but even then it falls behind....and nokia needs 2 start makin 262k color display phones....and they should start making phones that r different rather than make 3 different designs and give em the same basic features....gx, u say that the samsung x600 gives u a 64k screen, IrDA, 10Mb memory and still costs only 9k but u had asked 4 a phone with 16MB+ memory and bluetooth 4 less than 10k....the X600 has neither so it is cheaper....i dont know how much the S700 costs but if it is under 30k, then it is a 7610 killer 4 sure...but i would still say that nokias r better when it comes 2 signal strength and reliability...they also give u better prices if u wanna sell em....

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Nemesis said:
gx, u say that the samsung x600 gives u a 64k screen, IrDA, 10Mb memory and still costs only 9k but u had asked 4 a phone with 16MB+ memory and bluetooth 4 less than 10k....the X600 has neither so it is cheaper....
nemisis u said it all, wht i wanted to say....

Nemesis said:
i dont know how much the S700 costs but if it is under 30k, then it is a 7610 killer 4 sure...
nokia 7610 is a bit costlier, i do agree but, it has a hell lot of features too
1 megapixel camera, 128mb memory card...and 265k color display, and extra large size screen...

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Does SE have any equals for 3660/6600 in the same price range? Thats my Qn.. These are really great phones.. And i dont think SE has anything like that.. T610/T630 comes close, but not as good as these..

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
drgrudge said:
freshseasons said:
Where NOKIa is Maruti..made for all and each ....Sony Ericsson is SKODA....Quality obssessed...
i think it is the other way around...
Well you think but it isnt...compare all the of nokia phone range to range and we see SE beating Nokia..Mercedes should i call it rather :p
freshseasons said:
Other thing the Battery life...SonyEricsson rules again....
it all depends upon wht kinda nokia phone u have.., not all nokia phones have low/less battery life....
Still compare the phnes range to range like t100 and 3610 or so ...SE beats Nokia there..

freshseasons said:
SonyERICSSON k500i RULES..
nokia 7610 rulezzz
Hmmm So its not Nokia 7610 but Sonyericsson P910 Rulezzzzzz

LOLz stop if pretty funny...@drgrudge why start the poll in the first place if all your opinions are pretty set...you seem a die hard nokia fan good and great but starting a Poll just to prove it.... :p he he he ..MERI MURGI KI EK TANG.
Peace ....

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

freshseasons said:
LOLz stop if pretty funny...@drgrudge why start the poll in the first place if all your opinions are pretty set...you seem a die hard nokia fan good and great but starting a Poll just to prove it....
i jus expressed my view...., jus wanted to see if what the other members want to say.....

freshseasons said:
he he he ..MERI MURGI KI EK TANG.
hehehe
muhahaha muhahhaa , every funny.....
:twisted:

lighthouse911

Broken In
By rattle I mean that body covers on most nokia's are not tight fitting.
The build quality leaves a lot to be desired.. My dad also has a 6610 and it as very bad build quality(Although I must admit that it is very strong phone)

Anyway the upcoming 9500 is going to kick P900's ass reallyyyy hard.

:)

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

lighthouse911 said:
My dad also has a 6610 and it as very bad build quality(Although I must admit that it is very strong phone)
6610 is a strong phone and a bad built quality :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom