ambar.hitman

Journeyman
Indyan said:
I voted SE because :-
i) Better interface
ii) More features
iii) Better pricing
iv) Better looks

Nokia has a slightly better build quality but SE isnt bad either.
Here we go again,SE has more features??? lmao

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
krazyfrog. said:
1. Yeah right! :rolleyes:

2. No Clearity, is it. Tell me, do you know about RMAA tests and their results being available on many review sites nowadays? These tests are solid proof of the sound quality of the latest Nokia phones. That is what I prefer to trust and believe, instead of the rants of some fanboy.

3. Ok you have eyes don't you. So open them to their full extent, go to GSMArena and check out the results of their latest 5mpix camera phone comparison test. All the other 3 phones beat the crap out of K850i. And they haven't even included N82 or G800 which are even better. It is SE here which is totally outclassed here.
4. Whatever!

Next time do your homework before ranting.

I wanted to stay away from this fight. I didn't want to blow Nokia's trumpet or flame SE, cause i'm neither Nokia fanboy nor SE hater. But the amount of noobism and fanboyism have gone out of control. So i had to step in to clear the facts and kick some fanboy butt!

@krazyfrog

1] How many times have you heard that a Sony Ericcson phone has crashed due to a Virus????? This is the main problem of Nokia phones even now they suffer from the vulnerability of viruses. All this thanks to the Symbian OS which most of the Nokia phones are using. Even the java variant is Series40 a pathetic attempt by Nokia to rectify it.

2]As for the RMAA Tests there are these particular test results which i found out from a site which is comparing M-Audio Audiophile 2496 mp3 player and SE phones (W810i, W800i and K800i) though i could not get any comparison for Nokia phones.
Here is the link to the same.

W810i comparisons

Here are the results for an Ipod 4Gb mini from the same site.

iPod Mini4Gb Results

Now lemme tell you that SE Walkman tag phones come bundled with the Walkman plug in type of ear phones which serve the purpose of Noise Reduction as well due to their structure. This gives the it an edge over other similar competitors. Secondly the tests mentioned by you also indicate that Sony is not far behind. Obviously one cannot have a straight comparison of a dedicated music player and any phones that's absurd. I myself have a transcend T Sonic 610. So i have compared the sound outputs of a T Sonic610, SE W810i and a Nokia N72 and have found out that the order of supremacy is 610, W810i and N72.

3] Coming to the camera discussion. Its not fair to compare a 5Mp camera with that of a 2Mp or 3.2Mp camera (which is the max which Sony has till date). I know that Nokia leads the cell phone sector but it suffers miserably in the camera department.
Here is an unaltered pic (in its full glory) taken by my W810i to support the claim.

*i10.tinypic.com/7xmvr0y.jpg

4] Lastly neither I am a Nokia critic nor a Sony mascot to promote it. I was just expressing my views from my past experiences with a Nokia6600 and its just a reviews section not meant for fights and butt kicking. I mean we all are geeks brought together by thinkdigit to share our knowledge and help each other*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/1.gif.

P.S.- I don't bragg about anything neither am i a fanboy of any particular brand. I always buy my gadgets after proper research work. Neither i am here to extend this and continue fighting and get banned eventually. I say it again that it was an expression of my thoughts on Nokia. That's it End of Story.
Amen *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/67.gif

And one more thing everyone here is entitled to his/her individual opinions. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/46.gif

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
thelordrrulzzz said:
@krazyfrog

1] How many times have you heard that a Sony Ericcson phone has crashed due to a Virus????? This is the main problem of Nokia phones even now they suffer from the vulnerability of viruses. All this thanks to the Symbian OS which most of the Nokia phones are using. Even the java variant is Series40 a pathetic attempt by Nokia to rectify it.

2]As for the RMAA Tests there are these particular test results which i found out from a site which is comparing M-Audio Audiophile 2496 mp3 player and SE phones (W810i, W800i and K800i) though i could not get any comparison for Nokia phones.
Here is the link to the same.

W810i comparisons

Here are the results for an Ipod 4Gb mini from the same site.

iPod Mini4Gb Results

Now lemme tell you that SE Walkman tag phones come bundled with the Walkman plug in type of ear phones which serve the purpose of Noise Reduction as well due to their structure. This gives the it an edge over other similar competitors. Secondly the tests mentioned by you also indicate that Sony is not far behind. Obviously one cannot have a straight comparison of a dedicated music player and any phones that's absurd. I myself have a transcend T Sonic 610. So i have compared the sound outputs of a T Sonic610, SE W810i and a Nokia N72 and have found out that the order of supremacy is 610, W810i and N72.

3] Coming to the camera discussion. Its not fair to compare a 5Mp camera with that of a 2Mp or 3.2Mp camera (which is the max which Sony has till date). I know that Nokia leads the cell phone sector but it suffers miserably in the camera department.
Here is an unaltered pic (in its full glory) taken by my W810i to support the claim.

*i10.tinypic.com/7xmvr0y.jpg

4] Lastly neither I am a Nokia critic nor a Sony mascot to promote it. I was just expressing my views from my past experiences with a Nokia6600 and its just a reviews section not meant for fights and butt kicking. I mean we all are geeks brought together by thinkdigit to share our knowledge and help each other*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/1.gif.

P.S.- I don't bragg about anything neither am i a fanboy of any particular brand. I always buy my gadgets after proper research work. Neither i am here to extend this and continue fighting and get banned eventually. I say it again that it was an expression of my thoughts on Nokia. That's it End of Story.
Amen *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/67.gif

And one more thing everyone here is entitled to his/her individual opinions. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/46.gif
1. You don't need to have symbian os for your phone to crash. See post no. 24 on this page: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76063&page=2 Does his K790i also has Symbian OS? Even my W710i restarts sometimes, for no reason whatsoever. The screen goes white, then black and then the phone restarts after about 15 seconds. And S40 is not an attempt to rectify the faults of S60. S40 was there way before S60 even came. You need to get some facts straight.

2. I never said Walkmans sound bad. I just meant that Nokia phones are no pushovers when it comes to sound quality, and the RMAA tests on GSMArena and Mobile Review prove that.

3. Dude you really have to get your facts straight. K850i IS a 5mpix camera phone, and thats why it was compared to other 5mpix camera phones in that comparison test on GSMArena (which i bet you didn't read).

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I haf some strange experiences. Out of all the XM phones, I find 5310 the best. BTW, 5700 is a joke, imho, as far as "music quality" is concerned. Marketting gimmik... more so.

5310 sounds really good. If I am rite, 5310 has the same hardware as 5610 (music only!), but still I found the former beating the latter. 5610 was just "loud" and lacked quality.

Abt cam... I'd say (upto 3.2mp, hafnt personally tested any 5mp cam phone yet), SE has always won for me!

Build quality I find no difference between both, except the low end phones where Nokia owns SE. SE J200 series etc. are just cheap delicate good for nothing plastics! The feature bundle is fine but build quality.. yuck! Had to throw out a J200i recently.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
xcuse me guys but gsm never conducted a xm test until a few weeks back when they came up with a review of the 5610..and i dnt think they ever mentioned the word great music along with it...and mobile-review clearly states tht both of them are competent in different genres..none outdoing the other in a single genre..

now as per cam in the k850 is concerned..u need to learn to use the cam in it..its more a digicam and u can change iso and other settings to vastly improve the cam quality...check out mobile-reviews take on the k850..they clearly mention tht as of now no phone comes evn close to challenge the k850s imaging capabilities..so whom do u trust?/gsmarena or sony-ericsson..wat i have seen of the phone till now..i shall clearly go with mobile review..neun interested on a photo fight can ping me..

m always ready to fight for se :D

SE Rulezzzz

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
amd64_man2005 said:
xcuse me guys but gsm never conducted a xm test until a few weeks back when they came up with a review of the 5610..and i dnt think they ever mentioned the word great music along with it...and mobile-review clearly states tht both of them are competent in different genres..none outdoing the other in a single genre..

now as per cam in the k850 is concerned..u need to learn to use the cam in it..its more a digicam and u can change iso and other settings to vastly improve the cam quality...check out mobile-reviews take on the k850..they clearly mention tht as of now no phone comes evn close to challenge the k850s imaging capabilities..so whom do u trust?/gsmarena or sony-ericsson..wat i have seen of the phone till now..i shall clearly go with mobile review..neun interested on a photo fight can ping me..

m always ready to fight for se :D

SE Rulezzzz
GSMArena has only reviewed 5310. The 5610 review is taken from mobilemania website and hence lacks the sound tests. But in both reviews in the conclusion they said that the phones sound excellent. About Mobile-Review review, then once again you have to read the final conclusion where they say that Nokia's Xpress Music and Samsung Ultra Music phones are better than Walkman.

About the K850i review on M-R, it was done a while back when N95 was the only other 5mpix camera phone and using and old firmware. Now we have N95, N95 8gb and N82. The former two have benefitted from new firmwares while the latter is excellent as is. Whats more, Xenon flash, till now an exclusive feature of SE Cybershot phones, is also there on N82 and actually performs better on it (see GSMArena review of N82, N82's flash is clearly brighter than K850i). I agree SE's previous camera phones like K800i or K750i were excellent. But sadly SE could not carry on the tradition and came up with a device with just increased resolution but decreased quality. Its not hard to see how each and every other 5mpix camera phone beats K850i in terms on performance, and that too on default settings. K850i generally is an excellent phone. But an excellent camera phone, which is what many people expected, it isn't. And I know SE purposely did this. I'm sure they'll soon come out with a proper 5mpix camera phone, one worthy of carrying the Cybershot name. Till then SE remains pawned in the 5mpix competition.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
krazyfrog. said:
1. You don't need to have symbian os for your phone to crash. See post no. 24 on this page: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76063&page=2 Does his K790i also has Symbian OS? Even my W710i restarts sometimes, for no reason whatsoever. The screen goes white, then black and then the phone restarts after about 15 seconds. And S40 is not an attempt to rectify the faults of S60. S40 was there way before S60 even came. You need to get some facts straight.

2. I never said Walkmans sound bad. I just meant that Nokia phones are no pushovers when it comes to sound quality, and the RMAA tests on GSMArena and Mobile Review prove that.

3. Dude you really have to get your facts straight. K850i IS a 5mpix camera phone, and thats why it was compared to other 5mpix camera phones in that comparison test on GSMArena (which i bet you didn't read).

yup i agree on that part of yours. I didn't quite checked those facts while posting. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif
But one thing is for sure from this discussion that no matter whatever we say or comment there are advantages and disadvantages of each particular brand. This is what makes them compete with each other in the market*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/67.gif.
What say buddy??*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/1.gif
Regards.

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
thelordrrulzzz said:
But one thing is for sure from this discussion that no matter whatever we say or comment there are advantages and disadvantages of each particular brand. This is what makes them compete with each other in the market*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/67.gif.
What say buddy??*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/1.gif
Absolutely. Neither Nokia makes perfect phones nor SE. Also we must not forget other manufacturers too like Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc. For e.g. Samsung U600 is an excellent phone with many great features and costs only 11.5k. Same goes for Moto ROKR E6. These good products often get ignored because of people choosing to go for popular brands instead of good products.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
krazyfrog. said:
Absolutely. Neither Nokia makes perfect phones nor SE. Also we must not forget other manufacturers too like Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc. For e.g. Samsung U600 is an excellent phone with many great features and costs only 11.5k. Same goes for Moto ROKR E6. These good products often get ignored because of people choosing to go for popular brands instead of good products.

yup well said my friend. In the competition of big league companies the minor underdogs which also have a lot of good products are often missed out by the consumer*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/3.gif.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
krazyfrog. said:

Yup agree.
But this is Nokia vs SE thread.
So what's the point including these other brands.
No offense intended. :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Cool G5 said:
Yup agree.
But this is Nokia vs SE thread.
So what's the point including these other brands.
No offense intended. :)
None taken. :) I know this is Nokia vs SE thread. I was just explaining the general mindset of cellphone buyers in India.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
pahiks:
"Ok agreed that Nokia 6600's cam quality sucked before a k300i.
BTW there was a blur in the 6600 pic. So i suppose your hand wasnt stable wen taking the snap"

was holding both cells sticking to each other by side...u can observe that carefully...child is lukin at one cell while other also took it....so no question of shaking one...or both shud hv been shaken

"Also compare any 2mp fones from nokia and SE in the same price range now.
And also y do u always compare VGA fones wen it comes to Cam.?"

sure go ahead...compare any 2mp phones from se n nokia n tel me...plz post source too....se 3mp pawned nokias 3.2 mp wen 3mp was introduced....agree to mp issue currently...read d reviews...tats whr se r fooling arnd....they shud upgrade thier h/w instead of working on interface...

and abt mushroom cloud issue...ofcourse if thread is properly read it wud make sense wat words r used 2 pose wat meaning...still if i need 2 make it clear....i didnt mean to repeat hiroshima n nagasaki issues again...was just conveying a message that problems(like virus in this case) can attack witout ur permission while using bt, data, or gprs n its trouble then....if at all it wont burst ur cell...now this is fine i hope?

"One thing i have noticed on every forum is that every now and then, a new sony ericsson user pops up asking for avi player for his mobile. And when he realises the harsh truth,he goes blah blah over how excellent the sound quality is and how he doesnt worry about viruses and sh1t. Deep inside,he knows what he is missing. I just cant think of a phone used just to play songs and take pics. I havent listened to any song on my n70 since one month. All i do is browse 2-3 sites at once, download and watch full mobile movies,use symella(p2p client),play GBA games(yes,theres a Game Boy Advance emulator),read my training documents,use im+,stream live movies without lag etc etc. All at the same cost of a so called walkman phone"

wen discussion is abt basically using the phone for wat we actually call it a phone is msg n calls...cams, gprs, media, os all r secondary....another harsh truth is dat wen i need 2 use msg or call features i wud select a phn which is quick n easy interface n not bundled too much 2 make it complicated so whr shd i go....i wud sey then n1100 rite....if u want secondary like cam, music, internet which is now quite common in phones fr basic use...then se is anyday better for using if ur a busy person.....n dunt hv time 2 waste watching a screen saying "opening..." which is alwez in nokia...congrats u got an avi player but thats wat u needed....i can find 3gp vids downloads over streaming/download even in my x-phone(k300 for 4.7k), will send u links if u want....

nw i took n72 (2mp) for arnd 8.9k...ts still serving me same purpose but some more excitement...i hv 2 tak seperate time waiting for it 2 open even a short message....picture capturing is good (not even close to k750 esp in dull conditions) but browsing is pathetic,,,takes tons to even make the thumbail visible...forget abt preview...compared 2 se time taken is almost till u finish pressing the key...screen is good large n i like it...but again media players make me wait to open as if m streaming in a slow dialup....

Enjoy!

Last edited:

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Hi, am in a mobile gaming industry. We develop games for all the mobiles in the world and test it rigorously on it.

In my opinion :

For Value entertainment :: Sony Ericsson has the edge
For Robustness [s/w application & h/w] : Nokia
For Business use : Again Nokia
For processing speed : Sony Ericsson [because, all the futures like wify, edge, symbian etc are not bundled]
For Combo [Business & entertainment] : again Nokia

You won't believe, we still have Nokia 7650 & 3650 in working conditions after very rigorous use for more than 5 + years.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i will explain my point in a example

suppose u have to listion to the music in nokia

1 . Press left softkey (Gallery Typcially ) (1 Sec)
2 . Go to music (if it is more than 512 mb , 1 GB or even 2 GB ;) ) then (4 sec)
3 . Press play , (Duh , again 1 sec or 2 maybe )

total 5-7 sec

in Sony ericsson

1 . press walkman (middle key ) (1 sec)
2 . Press Play (0.5 sec)

else

Press left softkey , press 6 , press play (0.5 sec for me )

the most lenthy part comes here

have u tried anyday installing java games on u r nokia phone takes a hell lotta time , atleast in n72

in my old k750 it takes 5 sec to install 1 mb java game
and can install 10 games in the time nokia is installing 1 game

and i dont like symbian nowdays coz , Symbian SLOWS the MOBILE .
i dont like windows either

vilas_patil

Journeyman
azzu ! I have taken an average count. If you notice the no of nokia devices are enriched with mupltiple futures like GPRS, HSCSD, EDGE, 3G, WLAN, Bluetooth, Infrared port, Symbian compared to SE. But, however the recent launch and upcoming devices from SE is combining all these futures in one device for which nokia is already including these since long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom