Nokia versus Sony Ericsson

which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
control ur emotions Mr. Khanna

@ hellomotto: yes d prices hv dropped for 6600 n w550i....its even under 9k n 12k respectively....confirm this...im not too sure abt exact prices

cheers

mohit sharma

Journeyman
although it depends on one's own attitude but i think a general rule can be defined as ::

1 :: if u need moderate reception and voice quality and great style statement and extra features then GO FOR SONY ERIC. .
2 :: if u need best possible reception and voice quality with moderate style statement and extra features then GO FOR NOKIA .

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
E.T. said:
Nokia:- in terms of...popularity
What a stupid and irrational excuse when talking about a tech product! What will you do with the popularity? What purpose will it serve you?

mohit sharma said:
if u need moderate reception and voice quality...then GO FOR SONY ERIC. .
Its is posts like these that make one wonder what the poster was drinking when he typed it! :D
No offence, mate but you couldn't possible have been farther from the truth when you posted that. Stop blindly following the misconceptions most people have and be practical. There is no problem with reception in SE phones and it is at par with Nokia only because there is no more scope for improvement. And most SE phones' voice quality is definitely better than most Nokia products.

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
gary4gar said:
which is the best phone uner 5-6k from nokia or se.my friends want it

Go for Sony Ericsson J300i. Its one of the best phones under 5k.

Has 12 MB Capacity, MP3 Support, Java, Sound Recorder, GPRS, Video Player.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
aryayush said:
No offence, mate but you couldn't possible have been farther from the truth when you posted that. Stop blindly following the misconceptions most people have and be practical. There is no problem with reception in SE phones and it is at par with Nokia only because there is no more scope for improvement. And most SE phones' voice quality is definitely better than most Nokia products.

dear aryayush ,
i never followed any concept bliendly , and what i had written is based on day to day real life practical assessment , i had said these things because i had tested the reception of all types of phones at places which are largely surronded .
for example our college building is much like bunkers and in our lecture room it becomes quite difficult to survive with SE phones , usually they shows either no network there or single signal , while nokia handsets having same connection ( BSNL ) shows moderate at least 3 signals.
and i must say the real winner in reception quality in our classrooms are people having reliance connections with NOKIA handsets .
and if u really want anymore substancial proofs u can refer digit etc. from time to time and i think it's a known fact that NOKIA'S internal antinna is beat.
and dear aryayush , don't take my words as arguments , we all here should , if really had to , then do constructive debates !!!! and i had written so much because u just cancelled all my saying as baseless etc.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
mohit sharma said:
2 :: if u need :confused: best possible reception :confused: and voice quality with moderate style statement and extra features then GO FOR NOKIA .
[/b]

i have a different experience with nokia phones signal reception.

in my home town Reliance
Smart has no tower, so signal getting extremely low.
in my old 3315 i was always getting 1-2 bars of signal in my home. after that in my SE T230 it have also minimum signal but not stable. sometimes showed no signal. but the fact is in my 3220 now and friends 6630(!!!!!), it can't find any reliance smart signal not in home even not in outside of home. but in my home, motorola c115, LG B2050 shows the minimum 1-2 bar of signal in my home. so i think nokia's reception quality is now going to be bad(really bad).

But you may tell about the battery. i think NOKIA is still better than other brands about BATTERY.

and if you tell me about its feature, when SE stolen and i buy 3220 i unable to find some basic features like MINUTES COUNTER, BEEP SOUND AFTER EVERY 1 MINUTE, COPY 1 CONTACTS 1 specific no. TO ANOTHER CONTACT, CAN'T CHANGE font size etc, etc. and can't remember in this moment.
But also has some good features, EDGE in lowest price(low class but no1 can give it under 10k), battery, hardy set etc.etc.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
aryayush said:
Its is posts like these that make one wonder what the poster was drinking when he typed it!

as a matter of fact mr. arya i don't drink , and i think this was the most improper way of replying to other's ideas. these type of words simply should b avoided , there are proper way of expressing what u were trying to say .

prankie

D PrankMaster
Go for SE if u want
a simple
good looking
easy to use
multimedia rich phone.

But if u are a power user
than definitely go for nokia Series60 phone.
They are like computer... they may not be easy on eyes (i mean UI specially of older versions) but are damn functional....

Regarding signal reception both SE and Nokia are good...

chetan.g

Journeyman
does SE-k750i can we buy instead of nokia mobiles ........ does SE mobiles r good ?? whats the outcome of all decisions .....does SE wins :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
mohit sharma said:
as a matter of fact mr. arya i don't drink , and i think this was the most improper way of replying to other's ideas. these type of words simply should b avoided , there are proper way of expressing what u were trying to say .
Hey, that was supposed to be a joke and was not supposed to mean that I thought you drink! I am REALLY sorry if it was offensive!
When you find someone's opinions shocking, it is common practice to say, 'I hope you are not drinking!' Anyway, please don't be offended, mate. Have fun! :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Somebody here said dat u get bored with nokia soon. How yaar..take the case of series 60. Do a search in the net nd u will find tons of softwares we cant even imagine. U can find soft like:
*sending or forewarding text sms through IR or Btooth. Its gr8 as its free nd can be sent across classrooms!!
*Zipping nd unzipping soft. U can sent a big FOLDER via Btooth by zipping it and even set a pass.
*U can sent a copyrighted soft or song simply by renaming nd changing the extension to some other nd after receiving, change it back!!!
*Tons of very good Java games from gameloft, ubisoft etc...
*Pass protect ur SMS.
*Anti theft softs...
*Other music players which supports wide formats loke rm,ogg,wma.etc
*Softs which could play Divx nd Xvid file with very high quality in landscape mode(take almost 2 full movies in a 512MB).
*softs which could even open .pdf, .doc, .txt etc
The options are endless. But on SE u would have to stich on all the builtin stupid functions nd gets bored but u could simply sit nd listen to music for 10+hrs(withW series)( foolishly) as some might argue.

NOKIA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Well yeah, if you are a huge software pirate and have very very secretive messages which, if revealed, can be a threat to world peace - then, I guess, Nokia does offer some extendability. However, this is not the case with most of us. Who wants to password protect their SMS!!
We just want a phone with good multimedia capabilities that can provide us with standard audio-visual pleasure. Nokia phones are 'jack(s) of all trades and master(s) of none' and SE has mastered most functions to give you a value for money product.
And SE has fewer phones than Nokia in the smartphone department but they are few better phones. The P910i is already there and it is great. The M600i is launched and P990i and W950i are to follow soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom