Nokia versus Sony Ericsson

which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Those connot be called a SMARTPHONE as its too bulky and is a substitute for PDAs. The camera of p910i is worst nd poor in multimedia nd imaging. All they have to offer is symbian nd an overly large touchscreen. Going for a PDA is beeter bang for the bucks.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
And about piracy. Who in India is spending money for mobile softwares as they are not so popular nd people hardly knew there are such softies for phone nd their potential. We want to try out the softwares nd use it for some days(with fully funtional). Then only we can decide if it s needed for us. But that is not the case for PC softs as most people knew about each catogory softwares nd is sure the softies worth it. So I say piracy is good at least for mobile apps (for about an year).

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Your posts keep getting weirder!

It is really funny to see a Nokia supporter criticise bulky phones. LOL! Nokia's whole lineup is practically overflowing with phones roughly the size of bricks.

martian

Broken In
For Eons you Earthlings will boast of your (or Others') Nokia! I don't say that's a bad thing to do, but you must consider what happened with Intel and AMD a few years ago~ What all crud things were said about AMD... it being a hot-toaster, a power hungry monster, a cheater on clock-speeds, and what not? :-( But with Athlon 64 everything changed (Yes, believe me, smart ones will agree)! Intel is now what AMD was then... And a smart silicon for that matter! I can manage a Debate on "Why Intel ain't GOOD" for Eons.. But well, since this is a sort of debate on "Who is the Charming Mobiles, I'm not getting into Processors' details~

But wait, I've got something to one-side on this "Nokia Vs SE" thing! Believe it or not, Nokia was cool... well, until this dark-horse SE came! Yet again, History had to be rewritten~ Well, I'm not saying that Nokias have come to become a-too-hot-to-handle-power-hungry-monster... Well, what I stress here is they're not the cheap-Barbie anymore these days~

You folks say Nokia works on Symbian, Nokia can work on Office applications, Nokia does this, and Nokia does that! Believe me, even SE can work on Office applications if it gets powered by Symbian. SE P900 and P910i are examples! But my question here is why you need to run Office applications on your mobile phone when you've got those Laptops and Desktops and PDAs with good processing power down their Gut? The very thought of it makes me feel sick (Damn, I dare not wish to switch to those 486s' again)! And believe me once again friends, what Nokia does is loot your Wallet for that nanogram of fuel (It loots otherwise too)! Well, Symbian aside, has Nokia got anything else commendable? Mm.. All I can think of now is that they've got a good resale value (So does Intel.. ).

Ha, and now Cons is what I've got most to talk about Nokia! You Nokia loyalists out there, please don't have a hard time at me.. I'll not dare talk about Nokias budget phones, no I wont! But well, I'll start off with Nokia 6600. Can there be a handset this heavy, awkward-to-hold and slow? Symbian there too.. Well, my friend (poor soul) had one of those, and he had a few applications installed on that too! Well, the funny part: The time it took to reboot? 3 min and 56 sec! XP boots on a P2 much faster!

Hey guys, have you heard of mobile Viruses? You surely must've heard. Well, hear this too: Viruses get to play only on Symbian phones.. You know why? It's because SE phones, i.e. their non-Symbian ones (Well, most are non-Symbian ones) don't (or can't) execute other programs other than those written in Java. And I've heard you can't make Viruses using Java!

And now to the latest one from Nokia: The N91, Walkman Phone, 4GB.. You folks might be starving for that.. Who won't? Well, do you guys know that it's a HDD based storage? Do you know the problem with that? HDD storage has got movable parts unlike Flash (or Memory-card) based ones.. And naturally, if you drop it to give itself a pretty good shock, N91's storage goes Kaboom!

So, what I say want from you people is to THINK SMART! AND BUY A SONY ERICSSON!

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. infact viruses coded to interact through the Java environment is as good as any virus out there ... it's something like this ....... Why do you see so many windows updates so frequently , so many antivirus etc etc. ... we all know why ... coz windows has so many backdoors , leaks .. etc etc. .... and how do we find them . coz we get loads people giving a hard time to it .... so does this mean other os's like Linux or MacOS are virus proof ??? well NO ... infact those are more affected coz when they're infected , its hard to find a cure .... get my point ???

Simply put .. every company has their own champs ... but what everything comes down to is the budget , and not the company ...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
martian said:
Hey guys, have you heard of mobile Viruses? You surely must've heard. Well, hear this too: Viruses get to play only on Symbian phones.. You know why? It's because SE phones, i.e. their non-Symbian ones (Well, most are non-Symbian ones) don't (or can't) execute other programs other than those written in Java. And I've heard you can't make Viruses using Java!

And now to the latest one from Nokia: The N91, Walkman Phone, 4GB.. You folks might be starving for that.. Who won't? Well, do you guys know that it's a HDD based storage? Do you know the problem with that? HDD storage has got movable parts unlike Flash (or Memory-card) based ones.. And naturally, if you drop it to give itself a pretty good shock, N91's storage goes Kaboom!

So, what I say want from you people is to THINK SMART! AND BUY A SONY ERICSSON!

WELL SAID MAN.,.., well said...if others (noki lovers see my previous post) ihad mentioned about the patch for those silly virus in the symbian phones and as far as things go..they haven fixed it....
good u mentioned 40 gb is hard drive.....
keep going...

SE ROCKS
and NOKIA S---S.......

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
deathvirus_me said:
Well .. infact viruses coded to interact through the Java environment is as good as any virus out there ... it's something like this ....... Why do you see so many windows updates so frequently , so many antivirus etc etc. ... we all know why ... coz windows has so many backdoors , leaks .. etc etc. .... and how do we find them . coz we get loads people giving a hard time to it .... so does this mean other os's like Linux or MacOS are virus proof ??? well NO ... infact those are more affected coz when they're infected , its hard to find a cure .... get my point ???

Simply put .. every company has their own champs ... but what everything comes down to is the budget , and not the company ...

its not because its sooo popular...it gets virus....
since because the programmer didnt write the code properly..u get virus...i do beleive that virus creators look in for holes to insert their virus...but u should know "first to fix the window...not open them and let a buglar in and scream for HELP...." and i am still wondering why NOKIA haven given a patch or free upgrade for those who are infected by that bluetooth virus(kabir.sis)....wht i am saying is there is a lot of money being involved here....think, only to remove that virus ,how many antivirus has come up for nokia?????
why????? coz there is a great market for them..

simply to put , they create and charge U to fix the problem...in which they have the solution as soon as they create "IT"....

ANYBODY DISAGREE ME????

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
d poll results sez it all...infact i wasnt expecting such result but i think digit members r smart enuf 2 take d rite decision according to current happenings...

i mean even 2day i see ppl saying "wat is amd?" or "wat is sony ericsson".... for them defination of computer is pentium n mobile is nokia just coz it had been rullin since days....they dunt cope up wit technology...ok i dun blame them...its just that they r not that interested in such fields....but that goes the problem here....

take another example - even if sachin scores zero in every match he plays for 2-3 series he will be named the champ....but if dhoni does that....he mite be asked to rest....he doesnt have a name like sachin rite now but he ranks 3rd in world n dunno if sachin is even closeby....thats it

cheers

martian

Broken In
Thanx a lot naveen_reloaded.

I agree with you deathvirus_me, Virus writers are a smart lot. And not just smart, but Ssmaartt (smart in an unethical way doh)! I envy them and I loathe them.. Ever thought how Virus writers get to program Viruses? It's when they get to find some holes (or Security breaches). I don't want to talk about Windows here. It is one Big Fishing Net (No wonder there are a million Viruses affecting Windows)! Well, I don't say that Linux is Virus proof.. There are Viruses, but 1:1000000 is its ratio with Windows.

The talk here is basically Mobile.. Why should I be talking about Viruses here? Well, this is what I've got to say: Viruses are small programs that get executed once it enters your Device. Well, since Symbian has the ability to execute programs, it can execute Viruses too (kabir.sys for that matter)! Hence Nokia phones are not Virus proof. On the other hand, SE phones have native support only to execute Java files. SE phones dont execute other programs. And, if I have to tell you about Java Viruses, these are the only Viruses (in these many years) that could infect even a PC: Java.BeanHive and Java.StrangeBrew. And they are not that serious threats either. What I say here is "You can't think of a Java Mobile Virus yet". And for that reason, SE fans (like me) need not fear of any Kabirs NOW!

And you're right, speedyguy. Companies like Intel and Nokia, who've been in business for a very long time gets to have the bigger slice always! People have to be informed that they're being cheated. But first, there are bigger heads to be taught (Dell and Apple kissing Intel foot)!

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
well said martin...but one thing is if a SSSMART virus writer wants to create a virus...he can....since everything are just programs..codes...numbers....symbols...but far now symbian is like a multi door housed.....option are many and so the virus creators many and easy to get thier virus pass thru those doors........on the other hand the SE is a like a VAULT....heavily gaurded......unbreakable....

bukaida

In the zone
Windows is virus prone but still the most popular os. People did not stop to go to kashmir even after several terrorist attacks. People will do the things if they are comfortable with them and there will be always a remedy to any problem.The symbian phones are much easier to use for common people.The best comparison would be the linux vs windows. Everything is there in linux and free but still most of our PCs run on windows.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well who says windows doesnt have remedies to virus attacks....there service pack versions which help out....but mobiles r most proned to viruses....anti virus wont help much 2 them....i also find symbain fones much slower.....n not so userfriendly...lets not compare wit wit kashmir... a diff scenario here

cheers

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Symbian Userfriendly??? Kidin Right???

bukaida said:
Windows is virus prone but still the most popular os. People did not stop to go to kashmir even after several terrorist attacks. People will do the things if they are comfortable with them and there will be always a remedy to any problem.The symbian phones are much easier to use for common people.The best comparison would be the linux vs windows. Everything is there in linux and free but still most of our PCs run on windows.
symbian ease to use to common people...u must be kiddin ,RIGHT??????

u know in symbian ...for "common people" since its soo complicated...he doesn know which is running where ...and how...whether in the background..or foreground..nothing....and these COMMON PEOPLE u say are the ones who get infected by these virus...thats the way these virus are written...
if this SYMBIAN has been user frindly ... they could have not been infectd by these virus.....since they could have a got a fair idea of everything....is symbian really self explanatory....????
no its not....u should go for coaching class on "HOW TO USE BASIC SYMBIAN THINGS" for MONTHS......i said MONTHS.....!!!1

and in no case compare SYMBIAN WITH WINDOWS......windows is by far the best userfriendly software....right from the START BUTTON....to CONTROL PANEl...

symbian on the other hand is like playing with current...one wrong move ..u are gone forever....i have been using both these phonesSE and NOKIA...and i had a experince when i accidentally deleted a few files..it was a accident....and then it happened.... nothing worked ..right from themes .. file manager....bluetooth..nothing.....and u are calling "that" as userfriendly....huh..

havent u tried SE phones???? u can delete anything and anywhere ...still it will work.....thats the "CLASS" of SE....theirs are the best userfriendly phones around...and they will be....and are self explanatory

since this is india......when one goes and buy anything..let it be a TV or HI-Fi system,car,bike .....or anything......they will first look around thier neighbours,relatives...discuss.....and get the ones they recommend...nobody goes in for specs.....any review by authors...just go in, get the one that thier relatives have said...walkout and again recommend to ur other relative....

whts with u people...cant u try out a new thing....cant u be different...a new stuff/thing which has equal and added feature than ur "RECOMMENDED" THING has.....

SE ROCKS...no denying in it~!!!!!!

suave_guy

pedal to metal
well lets not play the blame game...whether symbian is user friendly or not, i dont care.....but what i do care is that NOKIA did NOT created symbian so all the ppl who give nokia an advantage for being a symbian phone shud realize that this does not makes nokia superior or more advanced, its not their product anyway but i believe thats the only reason nokia is able to survive in high end phones segement, otherwise SE wud have eaten it up anyday

i hope SE comes up with more n more symbian phones...and then nokia definatley will R.I.P.

ENjoy...

martian

Broken In
One of the basic reasons why people still stick with Windows, Intel, Nokia, and the likes is because people are not just ready to accept change! The so called ease-of-use that some people claim to have felt with Symbian phones is simply not agreeable! I say this because I've used both Nokia and SE, and I feel the latter more user friendly.. I know some of you Nokia-fans out there won't agree to that that easily, so let me quote an example: On Symbian phones, when you have to open and read an SMS after reaching the Inbox you'll have to perform two operations (when you click on the sms, a sub-menu like Open, Forward, Remove, etc pops-up). But SE fans know that it's much easier to open up and read a msg in SE! Well, that was just one small example.

And one of the basic reasons why we, the Sony Ericsson fans, just can't live without SE is because your Nokias' not-so-easy-to-use interface, snail-crawl and Viruses makes us look at better options!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom