Nokia versus Sony Ericsson

which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
alienspiesu said:
i heard ppl here supportin SE a lot.. but i say xcept for features @ a low price .. wat else they got???? the ans is NUTHIN...

ha ha NOKIA is light years ahead of SE..
in the end NOKIA roks..

i cant understand.....u,urself have said SE is providing with features,.....then u r saying ....."the ans is NUTHIN"....wht u want SE to be like nokia huh...no feature...heavy priced ,elephant sized PHONES,(not cell phones,i dont call nokia phones as cell phones.......sorry???)

then about light year...u must be kidding.......nokia......light year ahead...???
well i dont think like that ....it must be light year behind..

everybody knows ,within a small span of time...SE has come up with awesome position in cell phone sector.....no one can deny it....and one thing is SE is always feature rich, i mean very rich...SE will rock...and even shack every of its opponents

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@naveen-reloaded - "the ans is NUTHIN"

Cool it man why are you shoutin, you kno its a good idea to post with Caps off and its a bad idea to quote reply just posted above yours.

Anyway coming back to the topic If would have read my post which you so hastily quoted and if you would be kind enuf to go and look at feature set of the fones like N93 and rumoured N83 you will come to know that Nokia is far ahead of rivals

Dude sony-ericsson might have made progress but they are still lagging behind Nokia because its a fact that its sales revenue is much less than Nokia or for that matter even less then Motorola which means that they can divert much less funds towards R&D then others like Nokia or Motorola another reason for this is that where as Nokia has vehemently supported OpenSource and community participation, sony-ericsson is still stuck with a ClosedSource model except Symbian

Similarly Performance of a product may vary from place to place and time to time and this makes performance a rather secondary point of comparison Nokia might work well in your hands and sony-ericsson might work well in mine but performance is not a consistent point of comparison. It is the tech specifications of a product which show how advanced is a product, Any 3G fone might work as equal to a 2G or 2.5G fone in a 2G or 2.5G network respectivly this doesn't undermine the fact that its a 3G fone and when it comes to its full potential in 3G network its perfomance can outweigh the performance of a 2G or 2.5G fone in a 2G or 2.5G network.

Last edited:

suave_guy

pedal to metal
agreed that nokia N series is very popular and looks promising with whole lot of features but i definately disagree that nokia is far ahead of rivals...

nokia might be a very good competitor but definately not miles ahead....nokia is not all about N93 and N83 only....how many will be able to afford it anyways....but SE has produced phones for the masses with features and class which can only be felt in higher end nokia phones and thats why i favour SE....nokia guys swear by its N series due to its camera capability and multimedia features but we all know that these very features which lay the foundation for N series have been beaten hands down by SE phones....except maybe dispaly quality but that also only in N83 and N93 which i'm sure will be beaten soon coz nokia was never a leader in display quality anyways....

and i'll disagree infinite times that SE has less funds for R&D than nokia or others...dude we are talking about SONY here....not some joke and dont forget ericsson....and i think the rate at which SE is advancing cannot be matched by any other brand so dont ever raise the questions as far as R&D in concerned...!

to all Nokia fans,
before you ppl come out with statements like "nokia is light years ahead/far ahead of rivals" plz keep in mind that SE is not all about k700i/k750i and w800i only...
nokia and others still have to come up with answers to SE models like W900i, K790/800i, w850i, p990i, w950i, M600i, w810i

and when we look at p990i we can realize that there's a very thin line b/w this phone and the nokia highest phones like N83 and N93....its just a matter of two or three more advanced phones and better software support from SE that will actually leave N series behind...

ENjoy...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kumarmohit said:
Since you say that N91 disaapointed you here is something for you to see :

*symbian-freak.com/news/1105/n90_n91_bestaward.htm

and if you think Nokia's Cameras are no good, be so good of you as if to plz visit this page:

*symbian-freak.com/news/006/05/N80_best_mobile_imaging_device.htm

and if u complain about display of Nokia phones, here:

*symbian-freak.com/news/006/05/ati_ft_nokia.htm

Well we all know even though N93 is not released yet its prototypes are already out and are being praised if u will be so kind to google for this.

An btw advanced fone like N93 is not meant to be a commercial success its just a demonstration of tecnology just like a Quadcore PowerMAC G5 -- Apple never thought it will be a commercial success they just made it as a show off of their techonological capability which is what makes Apple better from any other PC manufacturer similarly N 93 shows off Nokia's technological prowess its not meant to be a commercial success and SE has nothing to show off that they can claim to come equal to the N93 which makes Nokia a leap ahead of SE..But then again are not both of us doing the same mistake - comparing a touted Walkman to a touted Multimedia computer Its like comparing Digit to a well known Linux magazine (Plz dont ask me to name it) whereas Digit compares a wide perspective of tech.. the Linux Mag stays only with Linux where as a multimedia computer gives you really wide range of options a Walkman is much limited in perspective.
The first link even awards N90 and if THAT phone deserves an award...what doesn't! They could as well have awarded some SE phone for all I care! I have used N90 and it sucks till the last 's'. The display is erratic, the camera takes grainy pictures in dim light, you cannot hear music from the speakers, the headphones are crappiness redefined, it's HUGE and of course, it is slow! And it still gets "Best Of What's New" award. I suppose they were comparing the two phones with each other and both won! :D
Who cares for these awards anyway! The 3GSM Congress awarded 8800 the best phone award. !!LOL!! If you are honest with yourself, do you think the phone even came close to deserving it? If they just wanted to award something that looked cool and was priced even cooler, they could as well have awarded my mother's necklace!

"TIPA chooses Nokia N80 as Best Mobile Imaging Device 2006" - Its got a three megapixel camera while no other phone has one. So it won the award in competition with...itself! They could have waited for the launch of K800; 2006 isn't over yet. But I guess they wanted only Nokia to win the awards.

"ATI and Nokia announce strategic relationship to enable new mobile multimedia experiences" - Let's see a demonstration first before jumping to conclusions. I am sure ATI will provide superb technology and Nokia's engineers will ruin it in trademark Nokia fashion!

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
suave_guy said:
agreed that nokia N series is very popular and looks promising with whole lot of features but i definately disagree that nokia is far ahead of rivals...

nokia might be a very good competitor but definately not miles ahead....nokia is not all about N93 and N83 only....how many will be able to afford it anyways....but SE has produced phones for the masses with features and class which can only be felt in higher end nokia phones and thats why i favour SE....nokia guys swear by its N series due to its camera capability and multimedia features but we all know that these very features which lay the foundation for N series have been beaten hands down by SE phones....except maybe dispaly quality but that also only in N83 and N93 which i'm sure will be beaten soon coz nokia was never a leader in display quality anyways....

and i'll disagree infinite times that SE has less funds for R&D than nokia or others...dude we are talking about SONY here....not some joke and dont forget ericsson....and i think the rate at which SE is advancing cannot be matched by any other brand so dont ever raise the questions as far as R&D in concerned...!

to all Nokia fans,
before you ppl come out with statements like "nokia is light years ahead/far ahead of rivals" plz keep in mind that SE is not all about k700i/k750i and w800i only...
nokia and others still have to come up with answers to SE models like W900i, K790/800i, w850i, p990i, w950i, M600i, w810i

and when we look at p990i we can realize that there's a very thin line b/w this phone and the nokia highest phones like N83 and N93....its just a matter of two or three more advanced phones and better software support from SE that will actually leave N series behind...

ENjoy...

WELL SAID SAUVE.......WELL SAID...

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
imagine the
sound of sony
camera of samsung
o/s of nokia
battery of nokia
and style of motorola wat a heaven it will be?

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
AGAIN I HAVE TO SAY.....NOKIA HAS TO DEPEND UPON OTHER LEADING COMPANIES FOR SUPPORT....TO SHOW OF THAT THEY ~BRING NEW THINGS.....
bue SE and other companies...even samsung is good compared to nokia..not with SE...

i still say.....wht has nokia so far done???? produce phones of large size....get it out of the company as fast as it could......name the whole number series(from 1 to 999999999999999)...well if time passes i think there will be a seperate DICTIONARY for nokia(considering the way its bringin the phones out of the company).......but in the end it all comes to waste , utterly cr_p like phone on to the street....
winning awards.... well nowadays its easy to get awards...considering the rival between two sponsor who want to show their product or make their organisation prominent give away awards without even considering....

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
montsa007 said:
imagine the
sound of sony
camera of samsung
o/s of nokia
battery of nokia
and style of motorola wat a heaven it will be?

o/s of nokia...????(why u want everyone to wait for years to boot huh????)

well it should be SOUND of sony,
screen of nokia(since its so big),
battery of SE k750,
camera of SE again..,
hard disk of samsung,
SE key pad
style like o2,
o/s of o2,
head phone of bose....
universal charger like nokia.....

THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED HEAVEN.......

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Why are you saying OS of Nokia or O2? That sounds dumb.
Nokia and O2 don't have proprietary OSes. They use Symbian and Windows Mobile respectively.

And naveen_reloaded, you would prefer a phone with a hard-disk? Never in a million years. The micro-drive W950i uses is far better and reliable. And just to let you know (in case you didn't), Nokia has launched a new charger with the N-series and it has been carried over to every phone that was released after N90.
And why do you prefer Nokia's screen? Everyone knows Samsung phones have the best displays.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@sauve_guy (post - 423)

U said- "nokia and others still have to come up with answers to SE models like W900i, K790/800i, w850i, p990i, w950i, M600i, w810i"

Cmon guys see for ur self except for p990i all aother fones are virtual clones of each other meaning that SE's tech is immitative instead of innovative which shows of their tech abilities...

As for p990i being a reply to N93 and N83 do you kno that if will take only 1 point that of cam N93 has 3.2 MP cam with a 3X optical zoom whereas p990i has only 2 MP add to that VGA video recording at 30 fps which means virtually DVD quality video. I am not coamparing it to N83 as its still a rumour and SE are not considerate enuf to put p990i's tech specs at some pronuonced location on fone's main page

Again for n93 and n83 being Nokia I have continually been saying that these fones are made to demonstrate the tech capabilities of of Nokia I wholeheartedly agree that N93 and N83 are not what Nokia is too true bro instead they show what nokia is capable of...

as for N93 being left behind by 2-3 fones more .. you agree that nokia is still 2-3 generations ahead of SE as for catching up who has seen the future

as for R&D stuff we are talking of SE here which is not core SONY and core SONY does not provide funds for SE for doing R&D it does so from its own revenue which is still behind Nokia and Motorola

@ aryayush (post - 424)

Cmon man if awards do not count then why are people crazy about Nobel or Oscar Plz also note that TIPA holds the same value in Still fotografy as Cannes in movies but then in the Bharat ki janta's perspective fotography and fotografers are ltd. to marrige fotografers etc so the TIPA switching awards just for waiting for fones come on bro ...
and u can awared same status for 3GSM for cells too
And ahh the demostrations of graphical prowess have already been made again most humble request to google urself coz frankly I m too lazy to do so..

@ naveen_reloaded (post - 427)

Exactly Nokia supports and cooperates with other companies to provide a better converged product again as I said Nokia is innovative instead of immitaitve which makes it a better company(Yes I picked the quote from Halo)

Cmon man just the naming scheme does not make nokia a bad co and apart from digit naming system there is athe alphanumeric naming system in Nsereis and E series just like ur SE.

i wholly agree with the dictionary point tho Nokia should really consider such a step LOL

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
aryayush said:
Why are you saying OS of Nokia or O2? That sounds dumb.
Nokia and O2 don't have proprietary OSes. They use Symbian and Windows Mobile respectively.

And naveen_reloaded, you would prefer a phone with a hard-disk? Never in a million years. The micro-drive W950i uses is far better and reliable. And just to let you know (in case you didn't), Nokia has launched a new charger with the N-series and it has been carried over to every phone that was released after N90.
And why do you prefer Nokia's screen? Everyone knows Samsung phones have the best displays.

i meant to say that...samsung some time ago introduced a 20 gb internal ,memory phone, so does SE in its M series...

coming to display.....samsung just has the predefined icons ...which gives everyone a feel its display is good....infact SE has superb clarity.... wht i meant is nokia only gives away LARGE sized screen....u know that 7710... just like that...since i have used it ...its awsome to see that much big screen.....and aryayush...this is just a dream phone.....this will never happen...so dont go in for so much of detail...

and for the os... imeant to say the running platform...and i think windows mobile might give a few extra features to work upon....and again...i like the SE`s platform.....can anyone say wht SE is using for k750 and w800tec...???

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
kumarmohit said:
@sauve_guy (post - 423)

U said- "nokia and others still have to come up with answers to SE models like W900i, K790/800i, w850i, p990i, w950i, M600i, w810i"

Cmon guys see for ur self except for p990i all aother fones are virtual clones of each other meaning that SE's tech is immitative instead of innovative which shows of their tech abilities...

As for p990i being a reply to N93 and N83 do you kno that if will take only 1 point that of cam N93 has 3.2 MP cam with a 3X optical zoom whereas p990i has only 2 MP add to that VGA video recording at 30 fps which means virtually DVD quality video. I am not coamparing it to N83 as its still a rumour and SE are not considerate enuf to put p990i's tech specs at some pronuonced location on fone's main page

Again for n93 and n83 being Nokia I have continually been saying that these fones are made to demonstrate the tech capabilities of of Nokia I wholeheartedly agree that N93 and N83 are not what Nokia is too true bro instead they show what nokia is capable of...

as for N93 being left behind by 2-3 fones more .. you agree that nokia is still 2-3 generations ahead of SE as for catching up who has seen the future

as for R&D stuff we are talking of SE here which is not core SONY and core SONY does not provide funds for SE for doing R&D it does so from its own revenue which is still behind Nokia and Motorola

@ aryayush (post - 424)

Cmon man if awards do not count then why are people crazy about Nobel or Oscar Plz also note that TIPA holds the same value in Still fotografy as Cannes in movies but then in the Bharat ki janta's perspective fotography and fotografers are ltd. to marrige fotografers etc so the TIPA switching awards just for waiting for fones come on bro ...
and u can awared same status for 3GSM for cells too
And ahh the demostrations of graphical prowess have already been made again most humble request to google urself coz frankly I m too lazy to do so..

@ naveen_reloaded (post - 427)

Exactly Nokia supports and cooperates with other companies to provide a better converged product again as I said Nokia is innovative instead of immitaitve which makes it a better company(Yes I picked the quote from Halo)

Cmon man just the naming scheme does not make nokia a bad co and apart from digit naming system there is athe alphanumeric naming system in Nsereis and E series just like ur SE.

i wholly agree with the dictionary point tho Nokia should really consider such a step LOL

very impressive.....man very impressive let me say...if nokia can give this much specification.......then i think SE and OTHER companies can provide a much better specs ...wait and see for SE....they always have the winning card......hidden as secret....

still i see (this is my opinion) nokia becoming panic by the thought of SE`s competition...well to all this debate...the only end is CLOSING THIS THREAD ...coz this debate will continue forever .....as more product roll out.....from each companies.any way SE and other companies(like sagem,spice,philips...) are some wht new to the indian ,market....and they are gaining market here and in specific is the SE ..before 2 years ...no will go for SE except for t610,other than that....everybody goes in for NOKIa....but now the situation is changing in a rapid way.... isee people prefering to SE coz of its MUSIC clarity...

well we should wait and see how things go...

until then...

LETS DEBATE........

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kumarmohit, a better company is one that caters to the demands of the market and makes value-for-money products, not one which shows off it's reach by making alliances with big-shots in the industry. Agreed, Nokia's phones are far more feature-laden when compared to other companies but exactly HOW many people in the market would be willing to shell out that much moolah to buy a phone! And that too, elephant sized monsters.
Sony Ericsson phones are cheap and rich with usable features, packed into a neat, small, stylish and light package.
How many Nokia phones come with decent headphones? Not one! Not even N91 or 3250. On the other hand, every WALKMAN PHONE from SE comes with a brilliant set of headphones and K750i's headphones are also far better when compared to the standard Nokia fare.
I also agree that K750i and W810/800/700i look similar but that is because the look of K750i was liked by everyone. But then you have variety too. The M600i, P990i, P910i, W950i, W900i, W850i, W550i and W300i all look different from each other. How many Nokia phones have touchscreen? Touchpad?? Scroll wheel???
It's the other way round actually. Nokia's phones are the one's that all look similar.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@ naveen_reloaded (post - 432)
Too True Bro
Who knows wat hidden cards there might be and what they may be capable of? None of us is SE or Nokia insider . Who knows If one of the co decided to do Daewoo and pack up biz altogether no one knows the future..

No pun intended tho but when u say that Lets debate you sound just like a politician saying " Hum chahate hai is baat baat par vaarta ho , yeh national debate ka issue hai" Again i am not calling you names by calling you a politician I kno its the biggest insult for an Indian to be called a Poilitician just saying that I too agree that debate will continue till this thread is not locked (Personally I dont think I it will be locked tho)

@Aryayush (post - 434)

Dude if Nokia is not catering to mkt demands then how come they are still having the largest mkt share Its not like IE which has the largest share because its for free here ppl have to pay money and they are choosing Nokia just because janta is intelligent enuf to decide themselves wat is good for them.

To your headfone query if you have tried the HS3 stereo headset from Nokia it produces really good sound quality but since its only useful with stereo sound capable fones so u cannot expect it to be given with models prior to 6630 ..

And you need not even get me started abt the headsets coming with N91 Bose or Harmon Kardon and Sennhieser and whatever...

As for the touch screen etc if you mite not be forgetting there is 7710 which retailes much cheaper then SE touch screens of UIQ series and which fones come with touch pad and scroll wheel do tell me the model no I would really like to see them A scroll wheel in fone is really innovate idea..

As for the look wise dude take the example of the k series - same form factor , almost same keypad layout except k 600i and k608i which are 75% copy of each other and you can take the same for the new low end Jseries as faor Nokia dude I see that never more than 2 fones of same kind are launched in same mkt say the 7610 and 6670, 3310 and 3315, 6680 and 6681 , 6610 and 6610i where as SE has entire series of more or les 90% similar designs and form factors and Keypad layout

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
kumarmohit said:
@ naveen_reloaded (post - 432)
Too True Bro
Who knows wat hidden cards there might be and what they may be capable of? None of us is SE or Nokia insider . Who knows If one of the co decided to do Daewoo and pack up biz altogether no one knows the future..

No pun intended tho but when u say that Lets debate you sound just like a politician saying " Hum chahate hai is baat baat par vaarta ho , yeh national debate ka issue hai" Again i am not calling you names by calling you a politician I kno its the biggest insult for an Indian to be called a Poilitician just saying that I too agree that debate will continue till this thread is not locked (Personally I dont think I it will be locked tho)

politician...me ????is that word DEBATE denotes u poltician???
man u are unbelivable....ok anyway whtever u said in tha thindi para....i cant understand....cant u see i am fromTamil Nadu??

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kumarmohit said:
@Aryayush (post - 434)

Dude if Nokia is not catering to mkt demands then how come they are still having the largest mkt share Its not like IE which has the largest share because its for free here ppl have to pay money and they are choosing Nokia just because janta is intelligent enuf to decide themselves wat is good for them.

To your headfone query if you have tried the HS3 stereo headset from Nokia it produces really good sound quality but since its only useful with stereo sound capable fones so u cannot expect it to be given with models prior to 6630 ..

And you need not even get me started abt the headsets coming with N91 Bose or Harmon Kardon and Sennhieser and whatever...

As for the touch screen etc if you mite not be forgetting there is 7710 which retailes much cheaper then SE touch screens of UIQ series and which fones come with touch pad and scroll wheel do tell me the model no I would really like to see them A scroll wheel in fone is really innovate idea..

As for the look wise dude take the example of the k series - same form factor , almost same keypad layout except k 600i and k608i which are 75% copy of each other and you can take the same for the new low end Jseries as faor Nokia dude I see that never more than 2 fones of same kind are launched in same mkt say the 7610 and 6670, 3310 and 3315, 6680 and 6681 , 6610 and 6610i where as SE has entire series of more or les 90% similar designs and form factors and Keypad layout
You yourself were on about how Nokia's phones are just about showing their technical prowess. As for the intelligent 'janta'. LOL! Everyone knows how intelligent the common man in India is about techie stuff! People buy Nokia chiefly because everyone around them seems to do so and the resale value is high. And obviously, low-end phones constitute a much larger share of the market in India and no one denies that Nokia rules when it comes to low end phones.

I was talking about Nokia headphones, not the Bose ones. C'mon, even I can buy a Bose headphone and use it with my W550i. If we compare Nokia's headphones to Sony Ericsson's, everyone knows who the winner is.

Just one phone had it and that too, such a totally useless and stupid product. W950i has a touchpad and scroll wheel. P990/910i and M600i also feature a scroll wheel.

I gave you examples of several different looking models from Sony Ericsson and most of them look better than any Nokia product. However, I take my statement back that Nokia does not have a diverse range of different looking products. But still, not one of them comes close to looking as good as W950i or W300i or W550i.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@ naveen_reloaded (post - 436)

Sorry dude i dint follow you.
As in dint u get the Hindi part I just wanted to say that our politicians are always doin debate instead of work and make ppl do so too..

@ aryaush (post - 437)

ok lets forget Bose but even the HS3 hedset is good enuf to equalise any SE headset in quality if you have used one i peak because I have heard the same song on both HS3 headset and the one that comes standard with K700i and W800i well perfomance of all was almost at par with K 700i a slight lower than W800i of course W800i is a walkman fone so surely it will perform better then K700i but of course i have always said that performance will always vary from circumstances to circumstances.
And if u think janta is - wat u said - then and if u say that N91 is a useless and stupid product without even trying it first Bro I think u r acting Arindam Chaudhary (Counting the chickens before they hatch)

As for most of the SE fones looking better then Nokia well dear beauty lies in the eye of beholder true some Nokia models are downright ugly but this does not mean that all SE fone are beauty queens both companies have some good designs and both have done designing disasters too

My point is that wat seems good to you will seem bad to me because it does not fulfill my demands for example I can read ebooks on any S60 device from Nokia but to do so on SE fone I have to buy P990 or 910i which are frankly out of my reach If SE is able to bring P990's price in my buying capacity and fulfills my requirements I will be more than happy to embrace it.

So for every person and every circumstance the better product and better company keeps on varying. It may be Nokia for me and SE for you today It may change to Palm for you and O2 for me tommorow..

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
kumarmohit said:
@ naveen_reloaded (post - 436)

Sorry dude i dint follow you.
As in dint u get the Hindi part I just wanted to say that our politicians are always doin debate instead of work and make ppl do so too..

i said i didnt understand the hindi part of urs.....and more over i cant understand wht u are meaning to intend me with the word "DEBATE"

i just said ..until this thread is closed by the MOd...we will DISCUSS......
any problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom