Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
@Rishi.Also checkout Marty schwartz youtube channel 'GuitarJamz'.
try to play this: Jingle Bells tab by Misc Christmas @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
im sure youll learn this before christmas;)

and this: Happy Birthday tab by Misc @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com youll learn before your birthday:Dlol
and
keep on practising chords.good luck.

Hrishi

@Rishi.Also checkout Marty schwartz youtube channel 'GuitarJamz'.
try to play this: Jingle Bells tab by Misc Christmas @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
im sure youll learn this before christmas;)

and this: Happy Birthday tab by Misc @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com youll learn before your birthday:Dlol
and
keep on practising chords.good luck.
Thanks Man , actually Birthday and Christmas comes within a GAP of Day. :p ,
I guess will have to learn both of them ASAP.

Btw , do we need to pluck the string upward or downward ???

^you can learn instantly buy looking at notes etc..
u have to learn chords first (chord theory & progressions)

Learn Basic Chords first (even with basic chords u can play more than 100 of songs or may be 1000)
A,E,Em,D,C,G,Am,F are all basic chords

I am Trying to practice them. Spending some time on guitar websites. :)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
First of all before you jump, do exercises to ensure that your hands can be stretched out enough. You can do so by taking your finger no. 1,2,3,4 (4 is the pinky) and place it on the 5,6,7,8 frets on the low E string (topmost/thickest string). Play each fret with each corresponding finger while picking up and down alternately. This will ensure that you remain in flow and your right hand does not get stressed. Start out slow, no need to rush. Also, ensure that all notes sound clear and not dull. If it sounds dull, just press down harder (this might hurt your fingers, but you will have to endure it for now. Take breaks between sessions). Once you've gotten a hang of that, try the same on the next string and so forth till your fingers get free. I know that it is not the most enjoyable thing to do and that it takes a lot of time to master, but trust me that it will help you in the long run. Remember that there are no shortcuts.

As for tuning, I guess you are using daTuner to tune. Ensure that the tuning is in this sequence for the corresponding strings from top to bottom : E2 A3 D3 G3 B3 E4. Its ok to break strings once in a while while tuning, just remember to keep a spare set handy.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^ 1 to chromatic exercises.Also listen to some guitar oriented music(english),if you havent.Youll get thousands of songs that sounds good even if its easy to play-like Pink Floyd-wish you were here,Bob Marley-Redemption Song etc..but only after learning some chords..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Rishi: don't jump to complex chords...start from basics and make that strong.
Guitar Learning is lifetime learning (it never gets old u know)

Remember this "Practice the right thing makes Perfect"

start from here its the best layman lesson I found
*guitar.about.com/library/blguitarlessonarchive.htm

Hrishi

Thanks guys , you are helping me a lot. In fact am feeling more confident about learning them.
Will keep coming to the thread for help . And questions .
Thanks , again.

And btw , I have bookmarked those linked. Will definitely check them.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Guys, I am looking for a good guitar instructor in Pune. I need someone experienced in virtuosic techniques and music theory and not someone who teaches Bollywood crap with 7-8 Chords.

Any leads?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Dude, I've had no tutors. All I learned, I learned on my own so far. But self learning is very slow and you tend to make mistakes.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I can do open chords and barre chords without problems, my grip is a little weak though. I mainly like to play lead and I like to do some impro on the Pentatonic, blues and minor scales. I can do some two string arpeggios and tap arpeggios but I've not practiced this much. Only riffs and licks I know are from assorted songs.

Check my youtube for a few of my videos : *www.youtube.com/user/dessavio/videos

Zangetsu

^gr8...

well I have seen Arpeggios but gets always confused when it comes to playing it...
there are many arpeggios like the C Major Arpeggio scale...but again I get confused (may be bcoz in theory understanding)
but wud love to learn them one day...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Dude, an arpeggio is nothing but playing the notes of a particular chord in a broken fashion. So, if you play the 0th, 3rd and 5th frets (in any sequence), you have just played the C major arpeggio, because you are playing the notes from the C major chord (C-E-G) . Similar for other different chords. You can also extend it beyond the octave to make it longer.

Zangetsu

^yes and which strings?

is there any 0th fret?

basically we need to know the fretboard to be able to play arpeggio

axes2t2

I am a cat
@Desmond

Some links where we could learn arpeggio's and scales would be nice.

Pretty please with sugar,spice and everything nice on top.

Top Bottom