Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
lol it wont bend too much even if you doesnt untune for months ! So you got the guitar? Eh?
@Nanducob: Thanks for the video..I know that man (David Taub) seen many of his videos...
i'll see if that helps me what I posted above (my problem with upstrokes??)

yup there are some nice teachers on youtube.Checkout Marty Schwartz channel 'Guitar Jamz'.Its very noob friendly,and h really loved it,when ive started out.

There maybe some more detailed video in youtube about strumming and about holding picks and positioning.but Let me tell you something,when someone first starts on guitar theyll get frustrated,because they cant do like the experienced and some problems will be like

'i cant pick the string without looking it'
'i am not able to mute the low strings while playing a D'
'i cant properly play a barre chord'
etc..etc

They say because,
They havent practised enough and they dont have the muscle memmory and they have less finger strength.
Think like this- you started on guitar and youve played for only one month,and after one month when you want to play an A chord
youre going to finger much more quicker than,lets say,when you started on the first day..isnt it!. ie you dont need to think that you have to press on the strings at the second frets -theyll happen naturally,after sometime.This applies for everything.Also You cant just practice upstrokes alone,instead play various patterns as in the video,watch his movements,like he is using his elbow for strumming and such..i guess just needs some practice and youre good to go:)

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^you need to maintain this enthusiasm through the upcoming years:D and youll be good at guitar ! good luck !

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
yeah its good to buy locally,go with some one who knows abt guitars,but it will be a little costlier.Dont buy on the first visit,ask prices and search online if the prices are reasonable or not.
Good brands for beginner acoustic guitar are Yamaha,Cort.Yamaha f 270/310.Also look at the newer Yamaha Fs series,if theyre available.costs b/w 6-9k.Theyrall bang for yer buck.
A little bit cheaper options would Pluto,Granada etc.Dont shell out more than 10k on a acoustic guitar,if u are starting out.Other famous brands like Ibanez,Gibson,Esp have good guitars but theyre more than 10k-ish.
Personally i ve tried the Yamahas,they are nicely built(for the price) and 'fun' to play.
Thanks, again. Will do some research on the brands and their prices and also on some teaching schools/people on my way back from office to home.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I cannot afford them without selling my kidney :'(

Edit : Do we have anyone in the house who is good at effect pedals?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I dont have any experience with pedals,buy one and tell us,im curious:D

No, I was having some doubts. I placed the Tremolo pedal before the delay with no pre-amp or overdrive. The delay comes from my amp alongwith the overdrive. Now, the delay gets applied to each Tremolo "chop", something that I don't like. So, I wanted to know if there was anyway to circumvent this.

Check this BB King custom Les Paul with gold plated hardware :

*images.gibson.com/Lifestyle/English/aaFeaturesImages2009/custom-shop-001.jpg

Hrishi

Bought a new guitar last month , with ideas of learning it.
Don't have time for guitar classes , now Its lying idle. Don't know where to start , though I tried playing a couple of songs , and somehow managed it. But still can't figure out the right way.
Any suggestion guys , on the easiest and best way to learn it ??

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I've posted a couple of videos elsewhere in this thread. Look them up.

My suggestions, first learn to hold these chords : A D E and learn to shift between them. Then move on to G C D. This will take a lot of time so be patient.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bought a new guitar last month , with ideas of learning it.
Don't have time for guitar classes , now Its lying idle. Don't know where to start , though I tried playing a couple of songs , and somehow managed it. But still can't figure out the right way.
Any suggestion guys , on the easiest and best way to learn it ??
u need a hell lot of patience to learn guitar...if u don't want to end up frustrated and hanging guitar on wall as show piece...

David Taub guitar lessons on youtube
and justinguitar.com are the best I've seen

Hrishi

I've posted a couple of videos elsewhere in this thread. Look them up.

My suggestions, first learn to hold these chords : A D E and learn to shift between them. Then move on to G C D. This will take a lot of time so be patient.

Thanks , I tried holding the strings and frets and practised a little bit.
Pressing strings are quite difficult , however I guess I will get used to it.
What makes me freak out is that Its too hard to switch instantly to another note/chord.

I tried a song : "Tujhe dekha toh yeh jana ..." , and "Ek hasina thi..Ek dewaana.". Saw notes and took some input from Net. :)

u need a hell lot of patience to learn guitar...if u don't want to end up frustrated and hanging guitar on wall as show piece...

David Taub guitar lessons on youtube
and justinguitar.com are the best I've seen

That is what I am afraid of and Thats why thought of giving some time to it. :)
Thanks for the link , will check them today.

Btw , downloaded a Android Guitar tuner application to tune it. Although have no idea about tuning . :p

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^you can learn instantly buy looking at notes etc..
u have to learn chords first (chord theory & progressions)

Learn Basic Chords first (even with basic chords u can play more than 100 of songs or may be 1000)
A,E,Em,D,C,G,Am,F are all basic chords

Top Bottom