Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Not always true.Both have their own 'hard'nesses.If 'hardness' is the deciding factor then he should first play those wind/brass instruments,then playing the guitar would be a walk in the park.Better musical instruments=easy to play.However,most instruments are easy to play,but hard to master.
AFAIK playing a Barre Chord in Electric is easier than Acoustics...correct me on this.
bcoz of their size and shapes..electric feels more comfy for new comers than the acoustics

also there are genres that sounds most beautiful on electric and some on acoustics...
e.g: blues,jazz sounds amazing on electric

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
AFAIK playing a Barre Chord in Electric is easier than Acoustics...correct me on this.
bcoz of their size and shapes..electric feels more comfy for new comers than the acoustics

also there are genres that sounds most beautiful on electric and some on acoustics...

I don't find much difference holding barre chords, probably it depends upon the guitar. I still recommend acoustics for beginners, simply because of the price factor. Most people are not very serious or not very interested. Most just are just poseurs. So, learning on an acoustic will help them gauge how much they want to learn and how serious they are without much expense. If they decide to stop learning later, there is not much loss.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl

AFAIK barre chords are harder to play since it needs some good finger strength,because we are using our index finger to hold on all strings.people who follows the 'classical approach' in holding the left hand will find it more easier,but for an absolute begginer its difficult,maybe electric have a slight advantage over there.
Blues can be played in electric,like SRV or on acoustic guitars like john mayers,it can be played in harmonica/mouth organ,piano etc-thats why there is the blues scale,i guess.Dont know much about jazz,but i guess it can also be played in variety of instruments.but i ve seen 'jazz guitarists' using the hollow body guitars,mainly Joe pass,wes montgomery etc.

I don't find much difference holding barre chords, probably it depends upon the guitar. I still recommend acoustics for beginners, simply because of the price factor. Most people are not very serious or not very interested. Most just are just poseurs. So, learning on an acoustic will help them gauge how much they want to learn and how serious they are without much expense. If they decide to stop learning later, there is not much loss.

yes,ive some experiences.my jnrs after getting drunk will come to me and ask me to teach guitar.im no master but i know some chords and such ..and ive tried to teach them..not even a single guy have lasted more than a week,dont know maybe its my teaching.lol and some guy even brought a new guitar but its now rusting in the kitchen:(.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Since all you guitarists hang out here more, I will post here as well.

Looking for a guitar with a 1/4" output jack to connect it with laptop/PS3. Do not want pure electric ones, as I won't be getting amplifier at present and they won't sound good without amp.

Don't want them to sound weak too when played without amps, so, are semi-acoustic or electro-acoustic a good choice? Any suggestions upto 4K? Brand etc. doesn't matter.

Givson guitars Delhi, Guitar Shop, Guitar dealer in new delhi, buy Guita

Gibtone 2 in 1 Electric Guitar

How are these two in terms of connectivity? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
*i.imgur.com/5UpnL.jpg

:|

Home - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India

Buy Guitars, Pianos, Keyboards, Drums & Music Instruments Online in India | Online Musical Instrument Store | Furtados Online

I just bought a Behringer tremolo pedal from Bajaao. The cheapest I could find. Hope to get it anytime now.

First thing I am going to do after I receive it is to make a video cover of Boulevard Of Broken Dreams.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
*i.imgur.com/5UpnL.jpg

:|
lol.nice website

Since all you guitarists hang out here more, I will post here as well.

Looking for a guitar with a 1/4" output jack to connect it with laptop/PS3. Do not want pure electric ones, as I won't be getting amplifier at present and they won't sound good without amp.

Don't want them to sound weak too when played without amps, so, are semi-acoustic or electro-acoustic a good choice? Any suggestions upto 4K? Brand etc. doesn't matter.

Givson guitars Delhi, Guitar Shop, Guitar dealer in new delhi, buy Guita

Gibtone 2 in 1 Electric Guitar

How are these two in terms of connectivity? Any ideas?

Thanks.

what songs/genre are you going to play?Or Are you just starting out?

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Buy Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping| Ibanez AW30NT Artwood Series Acoustic Guitar - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - India - BAJAO - Buy and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Cant find any reviews on these.must be a new comp.atleast they look good in those pictures Hertz HzA-4102

It is just the beginning. :oops:

hi,
if you can increase the budget up to 6.5k,I will suggest you to go for an acoustic guitar like yamaha,cort etc since they will make the learning easier.if you want to 'just' try out the electric sounds,you can install a pickup on the acoustic one;)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
@Desmond

Can you put up pics of your GB&A ?

That would be hard considering my guitar is at home (in my hometown). This is from one of my older FB profile pics : *sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/533777_3516028948308_1668406566_n.jpg

Its not complete though.

Cant find any reviews on these.must be a new comp.atleast they look good in those pictures Hertz HzA-4102

hi,
if you can increase the budget up to 6.5k,I will suggest you to go for an acoustic guitar like yamaha,cort etc since they will make the learning easier.if you want to 'just' try out the electric sounds,you can install a pickup on the acoustic one;)

Yes, not only do they sound good unplugged, you can use a pickup if you want to try some effects or want to do a gig.

Top Bottom