Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
DAGON (2001)
After stephen king I decided to turn my attention to films based on lovecraft's story.
Its really sad that there are not many good films made on lovecraft's work. Most of the films made on his work was criticized badly. This film is amongst those few which received a decent review.
Still the acting by the main lead is not up to the mark. Also there are few flaws which can be ignored.

Anyways if you love lovecraft's story & settings then this film is for you.
Then again I would say better go and play call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth instead.(Incase if you haven't.)

ashs1

Padawan
Godzilla ( 2014 ) - 6.8/10 :p
Plot - 5.5/10 sound effects - 9/10 Visual effects - 8/10 Hindi Dubbing - 7/10

Definately worth once-a-watch. The concept was totally new & i liked it. But, there were some parts that totally bugged me out. Overall, it was a decent movie. Had to watch it in hindi as there were no longer English shows in PVR/cinemax. Surprisingly, it was decent enough in hindi. I didn't really any good 3D scenes as well.
The fire breathing godzilla concept was too much for me. I did not like it at all. :-x There was also not much information about the origin of the alien creature that eats radioactive stuff :p
Also, the godzilla was supposed to be freakin horrible/ruthless/terrifying.. They ended up showing it as a saviour of the city/country/humanity.. wtf ??? :shock: :lol: I hope they don't make a sequel where they learn to tame the godzilla & make it their pet. :p

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
X Men: Days Of Future Past- 8.5/10
Perfect merging of all the previous movies. :D

PS: somebody explain the after credits scene to me, is it related to Xmen?

I noticed that this time, Fox made the movie in association with Marvel Entertainment, so wolverine is going to join avengers? :hyper:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well, that's unfortunate, wanted to watch "True Grit 2010" and ended up watching "True Grit 1969"

The movie is slow a bit and falls on my "dislike" genre i.e. 'western'
Dialogs were good specially by John Wayne.

Flash

Lost in speed

*www.mtv.com/news/1832603/x-men-days-of-future-past-apocalypse-actor/
I noticed that this time, Fox made the movie in association with Marvel Entertainment, so wolverine is going to join avengers? :hyper:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

First Things first the end credit scene is about the next X-men movie X-Men Apocalypse which will release on May 2016 . The man who was hooded is known as Apocalypse and he has like a king and has OmniPotence power like Thanos . He is the next film's villain .

As about the Marvel association with Fox , All Fox / Sony (Marvel) movies are associated with Marvel Entertainment . Each movie has to add Marvel Entertainment or Simply Marvel Logo in their movies as per the deal . This doesn't mean that they are part of Marvel (Avengers) Universe . There is a MARVEL STUDIOS logo on the Marvel (Avengers) movies and not Marvel Entertainment .

P.S. What did you notice , that made you think Fox and Marvel had an agreement .

---------------

Updated : For more proper information on Apocalypse watch this :

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
anyone who can make hulk & wolverine serve is a great villain which Apocalypse is but as far as feats are concerned no one in marvel universe holds candle to Thanos & his original infinity gauntlet & HOTU storylines.

ssb1551

Technomancer

The end credits scene was a teaser for the upcoming X-Men movie - Apocalypse, the greatest challenge X-Men & Magneto's Brotherhood ever had to face. Original name of Apocalypse is En Sabah Nour, the 1st mutant and with almost all the mutant powers like speed, strength, telekinetic and all. The 4 people on the horses might be a reference to his 4 horsemen, who are mutants and he has had Wolverine, Angel and other X-Men as his horsemen over the time. It'll be interesting to see if the scriptwriters can incorporate that.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
ok, i got the End credits scene.

and about the marvel entertainment part, I forgot that marvel studio =/= marvel entertainment :oops:

PS: the theater guys kept telling me there was no end credits scene, i just waited and then after the scene ended (with the guys still standing there) i said, "yes, you were right. There was no scene" (sarcasm intended)

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
[MENTION=98840]ssb1551[/MENTION] Maybe Magneto and Mystique can be Two of the horsemen. Angel is dead already , not sure about wolvie though.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Donnie Darko
One of the worst mind f*ck movies I have seen after a long time. It was recommended in this thread by some members long back.Anyways some parts I could get but some parts I couldn't .
After the movie ends you can make a(or multiple) conclusion(s) yourself & you may not be wrong too however it might get difficult for you to co-relate all the scenes to make complete sense out of it!:D

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Arctic Blast (2010) - IMDb - When a solar eclipse sends a colossal blast of super chilled air towards the earth, it then sets off a catastrophic chain of events that threatens to engulf the world in ice and begin a new Ice Age. Despite of the imdb rating this movie is good if you are a nature lover. 6.5/10.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Non-Stop

I didn't understand the point!

What 3000 people were killed? His (hijacker's) father was dead in that crash and that's why he's doing this? Was Neeson responsible for that? So why not kill him personally and stop the circus?

Top Bottom