Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Watched X-Men: Days of Future Past yesterday. Liked it. My friend complained that there wasn't enough Wolvie action in this one as opposed to previous movies in the franchise but that's exactly why I liked it even more. Every character got his/her moment to shine and Fassbender and especially McAvoy were awesome. The acting was surprisingly good for a CBM. Oh and did I forget to mention JLaw? No matter what character she plays, she plays it perfect while also being hot as hell at the same time.
I'd give the movie 8/10. Now wait for Apocalypse in 2016.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Non-Stop

I didn't understand the point!

What 3000 people were killed? His (hijacker's) father was dead in that crash and that's why he's doing this? Was Neeson responsible for that? So why not kill him personally and stop the circus?

There was no point.
See it from the point of view that its a bollywood movie where Liam Neeson acted.

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Arctic Blast (2010) - IMDb - When a solar eclipse sends a colossal blast of super chilled air towards the earth, it then sets off a catastrophic chain of events that threatens to engulf the world in ice and begin a new Ice Age. Despite of the imdb rating this movie is good if you are a nature lover. 6.5/10.

These end of the world movies are often entertaining though I won't rate any that I've seen above 8.
Never heard of this, but I'll check it out.

Donnie Darko
One of the worst mind f*ck movies I have seen after a long time. It was recommended in this thread by some members long back.Anyways some parts I could get but some parts I couldn't .
After the movie ends you can make a(or multiple) conclusion(s) yourself & you may not be wrong too however it might get difficult for you to co-relate all the scenes to make complete sense out of it!:D
Seen it few months ago. I would put it in must not watch. I thought it was a horror movie but turned out to be some scifi ****. I was atleast expecting some hot scenes & there was none. There is nothing to understand he was dreaming all the time. Idiot boy.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Non-Stop

I didn't understand the point!

What 3000 people were killed? His (hijacker's) father was dead in that crash and that's why he's doing this? Was Neeson responsible for that? So why not kill him personally and stop the circus?

. The hijacker's father died in the 9/11 incident. The point was he wanted to set an example that even Federal Air marshalls(those appointed to protect passengers in high risk flights) cannot eliminate Terrorist activities (as they may turn terrorist themselves). He wanted everyone to die so that US govt will consider a stricter and more substantial method to eliminate or prevent terrorist threats after this incident

quan chi

mortal kombat
Seen it few months ago. I would put it in must not watch. I thought it was a horror movie but turned out to be some scifi ****. I was atleast expecting some hot scenes & there was none. There is nothing to understand he was dreaming all the time. Idiot boy.

Now if you were expecting something like that than I must say you were watching the wrong movie.:D
Btw I agree to your conclusion but there are so many other things in the movie which makes you think.
I can also say its a twisted superhero movie.They have explained that part in the movie too.
BTW for me this movie is definitely not for "must not" thread like you said.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Snowpiercer - 7/10

My own review :

Premise : In a post apocalyptic world, where an experiment to control global warming goes wrong, leaves the whole world a frozen wasteland devoid of life. The only survivors are passengers on a constantly running train with sophisticated life support facilities.

Afterthoughts : The movie highlights the plight of the lowest class of citizens and the morality of the higher classes in an oppressive and dictatorial regime aboard a train with a fragile and tightly controlled ecosystem. The dissatisfied lower class, residing in the back of the train start a rebellion and work their way towards the engine in order to overthrow Willford, the owner of the train. The acting is decent and the story and the suspense of reaching the engine and the ending twist was unexpected, as does the outcome of the rebellion.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I kinda liked Donnie Darko. Worth a one time watch at the least, if not a must watch.
Exactly It is a movie everyone can enjoy. If you are familiar with "goosebumps" then you can consider this movie similar to it but with more complexity.:D moreover I don't think everyone will be able to grasp everything in one go. Movies like these needs more than one viewing.

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Raja Rani (2013) - IMDb

Raja Rani (2013) - I'll rate 8.0(7.5 for movie and 0.5 cause of actresses) for this romantic comedy. Never seen movie like this before so it was refreshing for me. Also, I can understand somewhat Tamil now so I enjoyed more.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
. The hijacker's father died in the 9/11 incident. The point was he wanted to set an example that even Federal Air marshalls(those appointed to protect passengers in high risk flights) cannot eliminate Terrorist activities (as they may turn terrorist themselves). He wanted everyone to die so that US govt will consider a stricter and more substantial method to eliminate or prevent terrorist threats after this incident
Thanks. Just as I thought. A ridiculous story line. A stupid plot :facepalm:

Sorry, this movie was darn entertaining, and Neeson was there, that's why a 5/10. However I thought that Agent Hammound was Jim Caviezel!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Rogue 6.5/10

Are the movies "Black water" and "Rogue" inspired by same story. They do have some similarities though.

Check out, one time watch.

flyingcow

Shibe
Pulp Fiction- 9/10
(Quentin tarantino was in that film..i came to know after watching it..perfect movie except the starting part..)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Pulp Fiction- 9/10
(Quentin tarantino was in that film..i came to know after watching it..perfect movie except the starting part..)
He was in many of his films.(You have to spot him.)

Cat's eye
Wonderful & an underrated movie. In case you didn't liked the movie No smoking you can watch the short version of it here (First story).:)

OT: the like option is not available.:D

Top Bottom