Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Looks like Edge of Tommorow is worth watching atleast one time . Its getting great initial reviews , currently at 95 % on Rotten Tomatoes (with avg Rating of 7.8/10) . I might even check it out in theatres .

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I really liked Xmen : days of future past. However , some things i dint get are

(i) How come Logan only remembers the last thing as drowning. When major stryker rescued him, he was conscious and from that point on till, he must have remembered everything
(ii) How come Mystique deciding to drop the gun trigger the whole future change. Why exactly that moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Just as I thought. A ridiculous story line. A stupid plot :facepalm:

Sorry, this movie was darn entertaining, and Neeson was there, that's why a 5/10. However I thought that Agent Hammound was Jim Caviezel!

Yeah, but those last few mins doesn't take away the awesomeness of the movie throughout uptil that point. I would give it 8/10. One of the better thrillers i have seen in a long time and honestly, i dint mind the reasoning of the hijacker. There are various madmen with more deranged reasoning committing horrific crimes. You cant convince a criminal that his motive is wrong.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Pulp Fiction- 9/10
(Quentin tarantino was in that film..i came to know after watching it..perfect movie except the starting part..)

WHAAAT?

Dude, QT has put some thought behind the structure of a movie. Read this:

Pulp Fiction Movie Review & Film Summary (1994) | Roger Ebert

I really liked Xmen : days of future past. However , some things i dint get are

(i) How come Logan only remembers the last thing as drowning. When major stryker rescued him, he was conscious and from that point on till, he must have remembered everything
(ii) How come Mystique deciding to drop the gun trigger the whole future change. Why exactly that moment.

(i) When the future changed, the consciousness of future Logan was transferred back to, well, future. When Mystique-Styker rescued him, the consciousness of past Logan was replaced.

For him (past Logan) he was in a bed with a babe one moment and was on a boat next moment with no recollection of events of past few days (with exception of Paris conference maybe)

Future Logan meanwhile, was transferred from 1973 to year 20XX and doesn't know what happened in between.

(ii) The entire plot was to stop assassination of Trask. Also, a mutant saving a President in front of everyone resulted in a different future.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
[MENTION=144548]Inceptionist[/MENTION] :
Ok, so basically when the new timeline was established at the moment when Mystique decides against killing stark, somehow logan's consciousness took a leap from past to future and hence he doesnt remember. Thats a fair explanation.

In praise of the movie, it was extremely well done. James mcavoy was excellent and had the best performance. Also, the sentinels were really scary. my heart was palpitating every time they were on screen. I cant understand how this movie is getting such low response at box office while junk like iron man 3 gets to make more than a billion. After watching this, im realizing this is how a multi hero movie should be - Driven by main actors and their internal motivations. Avengers was good but it was merely style over substance - Gather all the actors, give equal screen time to each and set up a massive showdown with aliens.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
I really need to know something about the last x men movie .....:-?
why the beeper never beeped at stryker ?

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
I really need to know something about the last x men movie .....:-?
why the beeper never beeped at stryker ?

What ? Didnt get you .

- - - Updated - - -

Re-watched The Dark Knight Rises

8/10

Didn't know the prison part was shot in India!

The whole prison scene was not shot in India , only when Bruce comes out of the pit and some other scenes involving Ra's Al Ghul . The inside of the prison was BUILT (it was a set) in Cardington in the UK .

The location in India is Jodhpur, Rajasthan and the fort which we see when he comes out of the pit is the Mehrangarh Fort .

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for letting me know too. Btw which jail part u mean

The prison part ... where bruce is held after Bane breaks his back .

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Its a set right then why specifically in India then

I dunno maybe they had to create that scenery of a desert place with rocks and old monuments ...

These are the India scenes :
*movieinspector.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/photos-dark-knight-rises-india-shoot2.jpeg
*www.toddalcott.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz0012.jpg
*4.bp.blogspot.com/-bOap11yfj0s/UKpYLXyeiJI/AAAAAAAAMGI/nLRQ6AcW3Rk/s1600/td1.jpg

This is the Set they created in England and filmed there
*wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2012/08/dark-knight-rises-behind-the-scenes-the-pit.jpg
*spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/dark-knight-rises4.jpg
*fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/706269_492467367460545_1958976456_o.jpg
*www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/the-dark-knight-rises-pit.jpg

Watch the Behind the scenes in the DVD/Bluray of the film its all given there .

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Watched Non-Stop (2014) 7/10 .... Pretty good but why does Liam Neeson play the same character every movie :p .

Last edited:
Top Bottom