Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

pratik385

In the zone
guys please move your fight to PMs there's no point posting here..

The guild trip: 6/10
kinda okish to watch funny at times...a proper i love you mom movie :)

any recommendation in this genre?

quagmire

Allllright !
Can someone recommend some 'Contemplation movies'..
I mean movies which end with a question to be decided by the audience

Like:
Ides of March and Gone Baby Gone

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well you should've added Irfan Khan and Nasiruddin in that list, yeah they don't do randoms, then again which good actor does?

Watched The Last Stand today. In one word, bad. If you are a Arnold fan go watch it for fun. No way a must watch, nor a must not however.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Frankly rhitwick, SKD is overrated and overhyped. I saw your post on DTPH and I was etching to quote and say its one of the crappiest movies I have seen, I knew you would take this on your heart so I refrained myself on commenting, but since this has now opened up, I have to say I am with ithehapppy on this, 1.1 is more or less correct rating. , , I think I would like to put my views ......SRK cannot act perse, as simple as that ,,,,,,,he has his charisma, can carry himself brilliantly, has that star appeal, and has a tremendous stage presence (Best I may say that way) but as I said he cannot act, same with salman, huge star appeal but he as well cannot act, salman is even more bad than SRK, but they are stars. Amitaab is the only star I can call an actor or is the only actor I can call a star. Aamir come pretty close to next ......... Even the so called low character artist like,
Raghuveer Yadav, Rajit Kapoor, Vinod Nagpal perform much much better than these stars ..... infact in todays scenario, "Nawazuddin Siddiqui" is proving to be a worthy actor.
The only movies that I liked SRKs performance to an extent were Khabhi han Khabi na, Swadesh and Chalte Chalte. (3 all in total, rest just avg)
I would even take this as an explanation but not answers like "Its a bad movie because I said so"

This and "Must not watch" are movie discussion thread. We generally post movie names and post one or two lines of our opinion. I expect the same for every movie that comes up here.

I don't remember but someone here posted long ago that "A clockwork orange" was bad movie. This thing dragged a bit. Because we do have many fans here of that movie and wanted an explanation.

Now, I'm a fan of SRK. And even if I remove him from the equation I still like DTPH.

Sam, when you rate a movie what all points do you consider? Only acting of one certain lead or story, direction, acting of lead and side actors, background score (in case of desi movies songs too), editing, dialogs and entertainment value. If the later is your process then too DTPH should get 4 from its haters specially SRK's haters.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
samsara, non narrative documentary. worth it only for the photography. shot on film.
Samsara is awesome.

When someone says a movie is bad, it's bad, to him, well another person might like it, but that's not the point! And someone here has to understand that some movies don't deserve any explanation or anything. When I drink a Coke on road I usually put it in trash or try to find it. There is no explanation needed regarding why there is a trash and why should I put the Coke can in it.
SRK maybe a great person, but this is a thread about movies and he CAN NOT act, well he can, in his own way, but it's as simple as that. If someone likes him, okay, but if someone repetitively tries to say he can, just a matter of time for failure :rolleyes:
And I'm sure everyone will agree this is not the place to show your blatant fanboyism. Go to SRK fan club or to those one way places :eek:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
When someone says its good, he should be challenged to tell why he's calling it good, ditto for bad too. People are too used to taking things as granted and think that the world thinks (or should) as they do.

Well, the world does not.

Hence, in cases where you are not living with your clones whose brains are mapped with your brain so they think alike and behave alike, YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN!!!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
When someone says its good, he should be challenged to tell why he's calling it good, ditto for bad too. People are too used to taking things as granted and think that the world thinks (or should) as they do.

Well, the world does not.

Hence, in cases where you are not living with your clones whose brains are mapped with your brain so they think alike and behave alike, YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN!!!
I think it's time to see some psychologists mate.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
This Thread requires CLEAN UP !!!...
Not needed. Most of the time mods a bad name because they do a "clean up" and no one gets to see what actually happened.

Honestly though, ithehappy has been right regarding SRK in this thread imo. I support him, but not his arrogance.

Top Bottom