Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ong Bak is a 1 man stunt movie. Its great, but it doesn't make it special. Emotions, poverty, fear, intelligence, strategy and some 10 other adjectives being utilized in this movie is what makes it special. And its in 1954. So, we give credit :D
Well if you think that movie was a one man stunt movie.Check out Jaa's next one which was Tom Yum Goong which would put ONG BAK to shame(not literally).Muay Thai is really catching up as a form of action element in Thai movies now.It's only a matter of time when Jaa is on a full fleged movie making spree.Right now just anxiously waiting for ONG BAK 2 which has been delayed like forever.:mad:

legolas

Padawan
Check out Jaa's next one which was Tom Yum Goong which would put ONG BAK to shame
I have already seen it. I am not arguing over which is best in comparison with Seven Samurai since that was the question asked. They are in no ways similar. Tom Yum Goong where he goes to find his elephant and Ong Bak both have no strong story line but extraordinary stunt sequences and I like them. Hope you get the point.

praka123

left this forum longback
Born to Ride(1991)

^but I liked this movie,esp with hindi dubbing(perfect) in Bindass movies :D
//offtopic:
legolas:I am the dumbo who drank a teqila bottle "raw"
later,that I know that teqila "shot" with lemon :lol:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
saw 'into the wild',very good movie indeed but could have been much better.

blackout:6\10.

shutter:not your average horror movie but not that great either.7\10.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yup seen Hotel Rwanda , nice movie (once in a while i get inspiration from this movie)

yet to watch The Pianist

ajayritik

Technomancer
Can someone suggest me some nice edge of the seat movies? Something which keeps us glued to the TV till the movie ends. Shouldnt have a single dull moment. I guess something in thriller genre. most important thing it should be a family movie so that I can watch it with my parents.

legolas

Padawan
I guess what you need is a movie like
Hitman or Shoot'em up where guns blaze almost at all times, filled with excitement, nothing to think about, but will be enjoyable... sort of movies??

if you need a particularly good movie in that genre, then go for shooter if you have not. its a good one, even though there have been umpteen movies of the same genre and plot.

Top Bottom