Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
No issues buddy.....though I admit I WAS waiting a reply from you and couple of others as well......nevermind. About Jaa movies, I admit he makes his fights unique if not authentic , and I respect the fan following, every movie, every genre and every artist has his/her fan following irrespective of the standards and we should respect it. As per my personal choice I would always prefer official authentic good pacy chinese martial arts in comparison to other contemporary fights. I request you to give it a try to "Knockabout and you will know;..... infact all others who like martial arts will know what I mean here.
To each his own.;)
Will have to look for Knockabout now.Caught up with 2 good Eddie Murphy classics,Coming to America & Trading Places.The former was really good & the latter was even better.Must watch for Eddie Murphy fans.:D

There is this scene which I laughed my ass out in coming to America.The scene starts off with Eddie Murphy coming to America for the first time & waking up in his poor neighbourhood which they have rented in NY.He wakes up looks out of the Balcony happily & yells out:

"Good morning, my neighbours!"
And suddenly someone in the alley shouts out:"Hey, F*uk you!"
To that Eddie Murphy [genuinely happy] yells out: "Yes, yes! F*uck you too!"

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Yes seen that movie a long time back ....Superb Comedy

Loved that scene when his father refers to his relation to the bathgirls....look at the face of eddie

Anyway an update ...That movie [ Coming to America ] was remade in Tamil called My Dear Marthanda starring Prabhu

Any Tamil fellas ...its fun to watch it ...also stares comedian Goundamani
...remember the song " My Dear marthanda...Pattinam Poranda "

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^that wasnt scary IMO

ending was sucky, reminds me of one of the episode from Johnny Quest

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
yes Coming to america was fun man :D ......I remember this scene....very funny :D.......what was his native place called??.......Zamunda...hehe :D ........for Eddie Murphy fans a rare movie to look for Holy Man and the all time hit and not to be missed,.... Beverly Hills Cops II
Yes it was Zamunda.;) I don't remember watching Holy Man till now.Have all Beverly Hills Cops series with me.The movies which I distinctly remember for his great comic moments were Bowfinger,The Nutty Professor,Golden Child(just for one scene) & Shrek.:D

I just got The Mist today so will be watching that or Sydney White.Depending on the mood again.:)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
remake is slated to release shortly.

If u want to see real horror then watch A Tale of Two Sisters or any psychological horror movie (after all there is nothing more scary than you yourself). I dont really endorse watching monster lurking or hilly-billy type horror.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^Just hit shift delete to A Tale of Two Sisters as I was on HDD cleaning spree.;)
lol...guess u might be into zombie horror

Just watched 28 Weeks Later (2007) (My Rating: 7.7/10) (zombie horror can never get better than this flick, amazing cinematography and some moving scenes + subtle twists)

My take on zombies : Basically I think its quite possible to make whole city infested with these creatures, all we need is a virus invented that can crunch out that part of area of our brain which is related to cognitive ability and a dysfunction of corpus callosum. So be ready to face some zombie action in near future (probably the grisly pointer to 2012:D).

Yup the ending was cr@p but still its a must watch movie. *www.neowin.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif
yup honestly I was expecting a lot from this movie back then :(

Here are some movies with surprise endings :)

The Mist
Momento
Fight Club
Saw
The Usual Suspects
6th Sense
Session 9
The Machinist
+ more

Last edited:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ yep...Agree.. Zombie movies are quite realistic and it is possible to create a Virus like that... :D

Just watched Friday the 13th series 1,2 and 3... :D
Its quite scary... If you liked the recently released Helloween you will like these oldies too..

T

The Conqueror

ok someone recommend me some Good movies....
action and comedy movies preferred..............
Thank you

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The holy man as I said is a rare one, its more on the emotional side rather than full blown comedy, but still has its funny moments............How was the mist. I got it anyhow coz it was directed by Frank Darabont. Did you see it???
Mood changed at last moment pal.So decided to watch Sydney White which was a fine movie.I mean suits Amanda Bynes character in most of the other movies that she has played the lead in.For some reason I don't feel like watching horror ATM.After work that's the last thing I want to do.So I rather watch some movie which would have funny scenes.Got 2 days work off so hopefully will unleash a movie watching marathon again.:D

Have you seen 28 Days Later , 28 weeks later is the sequel to "28 Days Later", 28 Weeks later picks from where 28 days later left.........watch 28 days later as well.........though the interest factor now would not be that much I guess........
Boy those 2 movies were really good.Infact 28 Weeks later was presented in a better way compared to the first one & had more intensity to it.

@T159: It's not that I am inclined towards Zombie horror in particular but yeah I do enjoy watching them.But at the same time I give every other horror movie a chance too.I found shutter very interesting in terms of storyline & the effects.Didn't get much time to watch quality horror movies after that.Was watching Hellraiser series but they started getting way too annoying after the 4th installment.:mad:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
EDIT:::hay allwyndlima ...for Shutter.......which version did to see the english or the Taiwanese with subs.........
There is currently only version that I know had came out & that would be the Thai one.The english one is due for release on 21st March in North America.Trust me,watch this movie in a dark room with a headphone & it would really be scary.I also need to watch one missed call which seems to be interesting.Much on the lines of a movie which I saw earlier,When a Stranger Calls.Camilla Bell *DROOOL*.:D

PS: Sam just call me Allwyn or Ally.Will save you time.:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
There is currently only version that I know had came out & that would be the Thai one.The english one is due for release on 21st March in North America.Trust me,watch this movie in a dark room with a headphone & it would really be scary.I also need to watch one missed call which seems to be interesting.Much on the lines of a movie which I saw earlier,When a Stranger Calls.Camilla Bell *DROOOL*.:D

PS: Sam just call me Allwyn or Ally.Will save you time.:D
When Stranger Calls is a lame movie, the only + factor is Camilla Belle :grin:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^I didn't pay much attention to the movie anyway.And if I am not paying attention to the movie then it can be 2 things.Either the movie is downright boring or my radar has shifted to Babewatch.:D

Top Bottom