Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
Mulan (1998) - IMDb - *www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png

Simply illustrates, women are in par with men and they're capable of great things too.

icebags

Technomancer
Mulan (1998) - IMDb - *www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png

Simply illustrates, women are in par with men and they're capable of great things too.
u may watch the live action movie too. its also nicely made, but in filmi style.

Hua Mulan (2009) - IMDb

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
^ Just now finished watching Mulan 2 - *www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png

Will watch, Hua Mulan for sure.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Silent Hill Revelation - Movie - Boring. Direction - Boring. Music - Boring (by same music director).

Didn't expect much from it and it didn't surprise me. But had to see it as I am a big part1 fan.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
TRUST .... after a long time a seriously powerhouse of a movie. High on emotions and very gritty, plot gos like this "A teenage girl becomes a predator of an online sex offender, and how the family deals it thereafter....... at first it looks like a typical rape movie, with the usual trauma of the family. No this is different, its more of how an online sex addict can lure a teen/minor girl to have a somewhat conscious sex, manipulating the vulnerable emotions not knowing the consequences. Then later how the family deals with this fact and brings the victim to teams with the reality.
This kind of movie heavily depends on the plausibility of the convection with which each actor portrays his/her character and dialogues that are absolutely believable to the real life scenario. Every scene was so neatly executed, and every emotion was so convincingly played, that you really get hooked to the movie. I would seriously suggest this for those who want some quality cinema this week end........................... its a clear 7.2/10 for this one.

and BTW I totally respect the ending .... though quite a few would not agree with me here.
Yeah, yeah, Give me a "Hard Candy" ending and I'll watch it.

Sinister 6.8/10

I admit it has its cliche moments but they can be overlooked for its satisfying storytelling. Long after "V/H/S" a good horror movie. Which totally depends on the environment. Every now-and-then I was getting worried that the director might get carried away and spoil the set up but he kept his desires on leash and gave us a good ambience horror movie.
Again yes there are sudden ghost faces and a cheeesy ghost chase scene but like me try to look past them and you are bound to enjoy.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
PROJECT X - 8/10
Project X (2012) - IMDb
Really joyful to watch...and it looks like its shot bye video camera but it isnt..
Plot is simple but gr8 movie :D
Wish i was there at the party ....... :)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Silver linings playbook - Feel good movie. Nice watch. Not sure its an oscar material though. The movie seem to have struck cord with people with bipolar disorder and depression. Every US home must be having atleast one of them - just a guess :)

Jennifer Lawrence was hot! Other cast was good too. Anupam Kher tried too hard for the accent without success.

Best part of the movie for me:

1. Jennifer Lawrence

Bradley Cooper's reaction when he finishes reading Hemmingway's book. That was hilarious!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Hobbit 7/10 - Nothing new. Gandalf to rescue every time and the seemingly pussy hobbit does an hero act proving his mettle. Same LOTR vibe but a bit toned down. Good one time watch.

Sinister 5/10 - Jump scares and then some more. Laughable. Ambiance was good but not the best. I was genuinely terrified after watching Cure, but this movie is much more diluted in atmosphere building and playing with your mind. There was not much suspense.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sinister 5/10 - Jump scares and then some more. Laughable. Ambiance was good but not the best. I was genuinely terrified after watching Cure, but this movie is much more diluted in atmosphere building and playing with your mind. There was not much suspense.

I can't fully agree with you. Yes, it has those movie gimmicks but the environment they created was eery. Well, I liked it. b/w Sinister 2 is in talks :p

And, did you watch "V/H/S"? Post your comments on it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I can't fully agree with you. Yes, it has those movie gimmicks but the environment they created was eery. Well, I liked it. b/w Sinister 2 is in talks :p

And, did you watch "V/H/S"? Post your comments on it.

Well...the point is that I am not scared once I closed VLC player after watching this movie. There is no lasting appeal as if it really creeps into your real life gradually.

Will see V/H/S.

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
die hard 4.
my best movie ever.
can someone suggest me some movies which are based on computers and hacking like die hard 4...

tkin

Back to school!!
die hard 4.
my best movie ever.
can someone suggest me some movies which are based on computers and hacking like die hard 4...
Try Enemy of the state, Eagle Eye for starters, and make sure to watch Person of Interest tv series.

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
Enemy of the states
Eagle eye
andperson of interest tv series
now going to search on imdb.thanks for suggestion
any other movies?

pratik385

In the zone
Seven Psychopaths (2012) - IMDb - 7/10
Movie starts really well, abbie :D
Chris and Colin have done a good job but ending is really bit off :/
Disappointed with it actually..

Silver linings playbook - Feel good movie. Nice watch. Not sure its an oscar material though. The movie seem to have struck cord with people with bipolar disorder and depression. Every US home must be having atleast one of them - just a guess :)

Jennifer Lawrence was hot! Other cast was good too. Anupam Kher tried too hard for the accent without success.

Best part of the movie for me:

1. Jennifer Lawrence

Bradley Cooper's reaction when he finishes reading Hemmingway's book. That was hilarious!

Jennifer is super hot man :D
good act too..

Top Bottom