Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

y2karthik

Broken In
Hereafter(2010) - 7/10,always liked Eastwood work,slow but ok movie.

Skyfall - 7.5/10,i enjoyed this as more of a action movie than a bond movie.

P.S:Adele's titletrack was awesome.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Vishwaroopam 5/10 .. I had no expectation but still disappointed
Lots of potholes.. cliche- undercover agent infiltrates terrorist organization and befriends the boss.. boom crash . etc etc.. hero tries to save the day. I am a fan of Kamal, but there is no story in here.. I guess half of the audience didn't understand what was going on.. unnecessary alteration of voice for Omar. there will be part 2

EDIT: also I think background score was inspired by TDK

a_medico

Chillum Baba
ARGO ..... Well its now officially confirmed, Ben Affleck from one of the worst liked actors has turned in to one of the top intelligent directors of Hollywood. I have seen all 3 movies directed by Ben Affleck ....Gone baby Gone, TOWN and now ARGO ........... and ARGO has turn out to be the best. Its simple, powerful, funny at times and sensibly directed. The point that its based on a true story adds to the worth. Plot goes like this ....1980 CIA-ex filtration expert Tony Mendez is, provided a herculean task of extracting six fugitive American diplomatic personnel out of revolutionary Iran.

Technically this movie is top notch, among the top contenders of all time I'd say. Historical representation is immaculate, 80 is depicted too accurately, I did not know the the actual history about the events that transpired in Iran in 1980, so the beginning of the movie where we are given a brief background of the same, really sets the tone of what was to come. Its right to the target from scene one till the credits roll. The gradual tension build up is class and by the time climax arrives, you are clinching your fists with whats gonna happen next............... Add to that pretty decent funny one liners in the middle, increases to the over all worth of the movie.

The only small issue I might have ..... is that the end climax scenes have taken few liberties to dramatize the whole look to provide that extra tension, its ok with typical action movies, but here it appeared a bit out of place (you will know which scene I am talking about when you will see the movie) .... apart from that this as solid as a movie can be .....7.5/10 for this one ...

We both seem to have quite different taste when it comes to movies. Though I agree to an extent with Gone Baby Gone and The Town, I cannot feel the same about Argo. The story had a big potential but in the end, it turned out to be a very mediocre attempt for me. I liked Ben Affleck's acting. But not direction. The movie didn't leave a lasting impact on me, as it did on you.

I still am Ben's fan and Chasing Amy remains my favorite movie of his.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Skyfall - 8.5/10
Good Action scenes ,
Great Acting especially by Javier Bardem and Daniel Craig ,
Adele's song was good ,
screenplay could have been a bit better ,
Sam Mendes did a great job as director,
Finally , Cinematography was excellent all the scenes looked great . Well Done Roger Deakins.

I did a big mistake by skipping this in the theaters. :(

hellscream666

Broken In
David (hindi) : 7/10

Pretty slick movie, awesome soundtrack and camera work. Could have done away with a few scenes making it a bit shorter than the almost 3 hours it took to watch the movie.

pratik385

In the zone
Vishwaroopam 5/10 .. I had no expectation but still disappointed
EDIT: also I think background score was inspired by TDK

Thank god im not alone in this..damn copy cats!

No this has not left any lasting effect. It was not that good. Movies that have left any lasting effect will usually cross my 8 point scale. An example would be "scent of a women". Argo was good. But definitely not mediocre. Wonder what you did not like. I could not find anything that was out of place or not correct. Except maybe few climax scenes. Which I mentioned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

have seen Scent of women few years ago, quite true about last effect there :)
could you please post your 8 above movies?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Watched Argo.. 7/10...
well expected it too have some really tense moments during the escape....all in all liked the movie

Silver linings playbook - Feel good movie. Nice watch. Not sure its an oscar material though. The movie seem to have struck cord with people with bipolar disorder and depression. Every US home must be having atleast one of them - just a guess :)

Jennifer Lawrence was hot! Other cast was good too. Anupam Kher tried too hard for the accent without success.

Best part of the movie for me:

1. Jennifer Lawrence

Bradley Cooper's reaction when he finishes reading Hemmingway's book. That was hilarious!

yeaa :lol: how he reads it day n night and finds a very disappointing ending of the book

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Woah 8.5/10 :shock:
so how much you'll give to Planes, Trains and Automobile? :D
The Dictator was just gross man 2/10
saw it 3-4 months back i think and after watchin it straigt shift+Del :p

actually the 8.5 comes after due to the momentary shock+comedy value. ibviously its Shift+Del afterwards, but its worth one time watch and did have us ROFLed.

Gross is Bruno. :censored::eeksign::facepalm:

pratik385

In the zone
actually the 8.5 comes after due to the momentary shock+comedy value. ibviously its Shift+Del afterwards, but its worth one time watch and did have us ROFLed.

Gross is Bruno. :censored::eeksign::facepalm:

I dont have the guts to watch Bruno so i skipped it :D

You want me to post all my 8+ rating movies ... boy that can be tough .... will try .. :)

Few I remember for now are ...

• [*]The Shawshank Redemption
    [*]Threads
    [*]Inside I'm Dancing
    [*]United 93
    [*]The Accused
    [*]A Perfect World
    [*]Downfall
    [*]L.A. Confidential

There are lot more as well ....... will keep sharing as and when I remember them ....... keep reminding me ... :D

Have seene these:
The Shawshank Redemption
Downfall
L.A. Confidential

Rest added to queue, will watch Inside I'm Dancing..Thanks :)
will keep reminding you :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I dont have the guts to watch Bruno so i skipped it :D

Have seene these:
The Shawshank Redemption
Downfall
L.A. Confidential

Rest added to queue, will watch Inside I'm Dancing..Thanks :)
will keep reminding you :p

seen LA Confidential... Now play LA Noire.
period.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i had played LA Noire first. when i saw LA Conf, there were striking similarities. Russel Crowe is the Cole Phelps of the game.

Top Bottom