Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

abhidev

Human Spambot
Watched 'Django Unchained' - its one helluva of bloody awesome movie. Full of entertainment and gr8 acting by everyone...loved Leo's accent. 8/10

icebags

Technomancer
anyone seen Gangster Squad yet ?

saw CZ12 for the sake of Jackie Chan. Only some stunts were there to enjoy, movie was not nicely made, even subs were not provided when there were russian/french dialogues spoken many times throughout the movie.

ratul

█████████████████
The Illusionist (2006)..
Also, soon releasing is The Pirate Bay Documentry, a must watch for everyone here i think..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looper - 7.5/10
Even though the time traveling thing is stupid, the movies based on it are always good to watch!

What the....
If you can't prove time travel is possible, you can't prove that it's NOT possible too.
So calling it just stupid, speaks volume about your taste. :/

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Lincoln - 7.5/10...

didnt know much of American history...
so was hard to understand it completely...
the terms like confederates,union were alien to me

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Watched "Before Sunrise". Found it a bit boring. I wonder why it has got critical acclaim.
Lets see how's "Before Sunset".

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
there is no other explanation, there was hours and hours of static recorded, while the pod appears to fall straight through the machine... so yeah, contact uses time and space travel
time travel is stupid = time travel is impossible, so he was calling it stupid on a totally diff level, and making a fair point, it's good that there are time travel movies even if it is impossible

ajai5777

Youngling
According to me time travel is nothing but fantasy, never real or a sci-fi thing. Thats why called stupid. Inception, matrix, zombie movies even the spidey can be considered as a sci fi thing but never time travel.

Flash

Lost in speed
We can't say that, as a fantasy coz we din't know much about it.
What we call as time, even differs among planets.

24 Earth Hrs on Earth, makes up our day.
In jupiter, a day is of 9.8 Earth Hrs.
Saturn has 10.2 Earth Hrs.
Neptune has 19.1 Earth Hrs.

Even the time is not constant among our galaxy, so there is no way one call tell we can time travel to distant galaxies/planets.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
What the....
If you can't prove time travel is possible, you can't prove that it's NOT possible too.
So calling it just stupid, speaks volume about your taste. :/

time travel is possible.stephen hawkings showed it in a documentary.But we dont have the resources for it,yet.

icebags

Technomancer
Looper - 7.5/10
Even though the time traveling thing is stupid, the movies based on it are always good to watch!
we all know time is relative, travel is possible or not is unknown.

but u dont mess with time travel genre, its one of the favourite genre for many in here and also there. :-x

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watched Sucker Punch. Aesthetically pleasing, appealing cinematography and the soundtrack is quite fitting. Can't rate because I need to watch it again to give the ratings.

Top Bottom