Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

shashankm

I reign hell..
WHAT!!!!
Its yet to release in Incredible India
Where do you live?
I envy you :p

yep same question, been waiting for this movie, where did you get to see it ..................
Its said this movie arguably is the best QT's movie since Pulp Fiction ......

Ladies, its out on Kat.ph and that print is, I believe, for internal circulation only! Sound and video quality are just mind blowing. much better than Barfi DVDRIP I own! You need to see it to believe it, never felt I am watching a screener. Hell, it also carries fantastic surround sound of bullets whizzing past that just adds up the cinematic experience! ;)

pratik385

In the zone
@^
You should've used :p
Forum Mods are! asingh will act now...

PS: I will watch it in Theaters only...dont want to miss the experience :)

ajayritik

Technomancer
I know people here may not agree with me but finally watched Shawshank Redemption and found it to be tad boring. Couldn't watch for long time.
Sorry if my opinion doesn't match with others out here.

Flash

Lost in speed
I know people here may not agree with me but finally watched Shawshank Redemption and found it to be tad boring. Couldn't watch for long time.
Sorry if my opinion doesn't match with others out here.
I accept that it's a slow movie, till Tommy gets murdered.
But, what happens after that truly drives the movie in different direction.

pratik385

In the zone
What a freaking fantastic experience! So glad God spared me alive and blessed me with this day, the day when I witnessed something magical - Django Unchained!!! Quentin Tarantino might've grown fat and persnickety but hell...he's one stubborn ass mama, who just refrains to hear up and keeps evolving and redefining himself with his each and every flick.

Love You Quentin - You are arguably the most sought after cinematic person I've ever seen! Blown Away!!! Thanks a ton for the most entertaining experience I ever had in a long long time.....
DJANGO UNCHAINED - 10/10

Zero Dark Thirty 8/10....one of the best movies I have seen.

So you guys have seen through To***nts
what about Les miserables and Silve lining playbook?

The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009) - IMDb

Sir we need more info from you :p

abhidev

Human Spambot
yesterday watched 'Matru ki bijlee ka Mandola'....and the movies is a joy ride....superb acting by Pankaj Kapur as always...first half is too good. 7.5/10

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Stranger than fiction 8.5/

Now that's what I call a well written story!

After a long time watched a really good movie.

Concept: An IRS agent suddenly start hearing voices. Voices, like someone describing what he's doing at that moment. Later he gets convinced that it might be someone writing a story about him. He eventually gets accustomed to this voice and gets on with his normal day job until.....it says he's gonna die! What happens next is the movie and a must watch too.!

The protagonist is played by Will Ferrell and he's marvelously accompanied with Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson. Specially Emma. She's just awesome in that crazy role of her.

If you have not seen this movie yet and love a good movie having a good story...this is it. Go for it. You won't regret.

b/w, recently "Ruby Sparks" was also on very similar ground to this but with a different ending.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Jab tak hai jaan
I have respect for Yash chopra some of his works are really remarkable.But unfortunately JTHJ does not falls under that category.I apologize to place this movie in this thread.But still placing it under 'must not watch' wont make any sense either.Thats why i have put it here.
If you have seen the hurt locker then you will really find some of its scenes lets say cheesy. In another words this movie is "The hurt locker" molded in indian form then expanded,exaggerated and served with a happy ending.(Though stories of both the films are almost different if you compare literally.)
>Fragile and flawed storyline.
>Mixture of some good and poor dialogues.
>Unnecessarily stretched.
>Excellent cinematography.The strongest point in this movie.
>Good music.
>Well honestly I liked srk's acting here.

Last edited:

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Jab tak hai jaan
I have respect for Yash chopra some of his works are really remarkable.But unfortunately JTHJ does not falls under that category.I apologize to place this movie in this thread.But still placing it under 'must not watch' wont make any sense either.Thats why i have put it here.
If you have seen the hurt locker then you will really find some of its scenes lets say cheesy. In another words this movie is "The hurt locker" molded in indian form then expanded,exaggerated and served with a happy ending.(Though stories of both the films are almost different if you compare literally.)
>Fragile and flawed storyline.
>Mixture of some good and poor dialogues.
>Unnecessarily stretched.
>Excellent cinematography.The strongest point in this movie.
>Good music.
>Well honestly I liked srk's acting here.

Well, SRK looks different and not his 'Rahul' self usually seen in yash Chopra and karan johar movies.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm into romantic comedy these days. Watched quite a list and i would recommend them to everyone .

Here goes the list that i've already watched and still more in queue which i'll mention later:

50 First Dates
Easy A
Friends With Benefits
Leap Year
No Strings Attached
The Holiday
The Rebound
The Five Year Engagement
What Happens In Vegas

Really nice list there. Have watched 50 first dates, friends with benefits, no strings attached, the holiday, and what happens in vegas.

Hollywood comedy movies are totally a world apart. Bollywood comedy movies cannot match their standards. Most of the Bollywood comedy movies are starred by Akshay and that guy always sets a new low standard with every movie. Pair him with Sonakshi, and you got the perfect recipe for a disaster. IMHO Akshay's movies only appeal more to people with low IQ.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Movies you should watch atleast once:
Good Morning, Vietnam (1987) - IMDb
Braveheart (1995) - IMDb
Jerry Maguire (1996) - IMDb
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) - IMDb
Schindler's List (1993) - IMDb
The Usual Suspects (1995) - IMDb
Apocalypse Now (1979) - IMDb
Gladiator (2000) - IMDb

Top Bottom