Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

goobimama

 Macboy
Into the Wild dude! That's full of awesomeness (and then some).

Btw, check out Delirious and Noise. Both are pretty neat. No HD versions though.

shantanu

Technomancer
No country for old men sucked... it was a $hit pot... :)

already seen , the rundown and DOOM , liked em

into the wild : cool will see it now
Delirious and Noise .. what genre ?

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
ashwin... dont u do anything else ... U blog SO MUCH with all those reviews & other crap, ur forum... are you a male nurse in dubai or what. :p
What's your problem? I'll do whatever I want to do. Whatever I like to do. So please don't tell what I should or shouldn't do.

My Blog, my Internet, my Mac, my life. So you can ....

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Finally watched American Gangster in High-Def.
I liked the ending very much.;)
Hats off to Ridley Scott (but can't be compared to movies like Gladiator)

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Since there are lot of good comments abt INTO THE WILD, i will try to watch in a day or two.

BTW any comments abt There will be Blood? Is it worth watching or that too a bore like No country......

vish786

"The Gentleman"
What's your problem? I'll do whatever I want to do. Whatever I like to do. So please don't tell what I should or shouldn't do.

My Blog, my Internet, my Mac, my life. So you can ....
:lol: ... yeah your right who am I to tell you !

@vishal, yp know, why do u think I mentioned it :grin:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
someone recommended Doom ???
lol..that was kinda joke for a game remake, it sucked, the FPS scene was damn drabby.

drgrudge

No Country for Old Men

I liked the movie very much. Not as good as Into the Wild, nevertheless good. The second half is not good as the first half.

Did you people understood the movie? You won't like if you didn't. I've a lot of questions, I should catch up with the movie again. The movie made me think a lot..

7.5/10 (might increase after repeat viewings)

legolas

Padawan
No Country for Old Men

I liked the movie very much. Did you people understood the movie? You won't like if you didn't. I've a lot of questions, I should catch up with the movie again. The movie made me think a lot..7.5/10 (might increase after repeat viewings)
I did not like the movie. In fact, I hated it. It ran for 10 hrs or so I felt. I did not understand the movie. I really don't understand the point of this movie at all!! Its from a novel isn't it?
If anyone understands whats the purpose or point of this movie or than an useless rattling thriller with a guy who is seriously deluded with the concept of life and ranting but with patience (yes) which I understand as a guy with severe neurosis who bases life on a head toss, please explain.

drgrudge

I did not like the movie. In fact, I hated it. It ran for 10 hrs or so I felt. I did not understand the movie. I really don't understand the point of this movie at all!! Its from a novel isn't it?
If anyone understands whats the purpose or point of this movie or than an useless rattling thriller with a guy who is seriously deluded with the concept of life and ranting but with patience (yes) which I understand as a guy with severe neurosis who bases life on a head toss, please explain.
1. You won't like if you look for quick fix entertainment. Or don't like to use your brain (or want to keep your brain at home and goto Cinemas).

2. It's a kind of sad ending. So don't expect fairy tale endings in every other movie you watch.

3. OK, coming to point of the movie - it's not supposed to be interpreted as a thriller (I felt even that part of the movie was enjoyable). It's about how Bell (the sheriff) redeems himself. It's about how evil can't be stopped. It's about how you can't escape death and hence the title "No Country for Old Men".

4. The coin tossing sequence is one of the best in the movie. It's amazing. The guy, Anton is an evil man. He's very smart too. That's why he shoots down Carson (who is supposed to clever too). You also see he tracks down the man who hired him. He likes coils (for god knows what reason), there are scenes where they show he has many coins (old ones too and of different sizes), he likes people to call it, he says: "if you put that coin in your pocket, it'll be like any other coin", and yes they show he opens the grills with coins and also in the place where Moss was killed, he purposely leaves a coin back.

5. I'll suggest you to watch again. This time without haste, in a relaxed mood.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
saw final destination 2 in bindass movies(sun dth) in Hindi- worth watching :) can understand better in hindi haha! :))

somewhere remembers me duel.

legolas

Padawan
1. Or don't like to use your brain (or want to keep your brain at home and goto Cinemas).
It's about how evil can't be stopped. It's about how you can't escape death and hence the title "No Country for Old Men".

It seems to me you overestimate your brain :lol: Eitherways, I would rather not quibble over the difference of opinion about a movie which doesn't suit my taste. I leave it at that for it wont be resolved and is pointless to pursue this argument.

Dunno what's your taste like but I liked it. It might not blow you off (like Pixar movies or Shrek) but good enough. I liked it better than Antz and Surf's Up. I enjoyed the 90 minutes and that's all mattered to me (and of course many of us).

"Bee Movie"

Just watched the movie!! Really good... 90 mins of pure entertainment, with comedy, emotion, and values!!

really liked it..!!

shud have won the oscar instead of "No country..." IMO.. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom