Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
:) @drdrudge, is it really good? (Bee Movie) I read the plot of it in Imdb long back and I couldn't stop laughing over that stupid script... Its the height of saturated imagination, or so I thought! :D Bee Sues us
Dunno what's your taste like but I liked it. It might not blow you off (like Pixar movies or Shrek) but good enough. I liked it better than Antz and Surf's Up. I enjoyed the 90 minutes and that's all mattered to me (and of course many of us).

legolas

Padawan
@drgrudge, Sure, I will.

@all who have seen No Country for Old Men Could anyone please tell me what makes this movie 8.6/10 with 4 Oscars??? I see it as worse than the worst movie I have ever seen!! :( WTF is this movie all about??? I still don't understand. Holy Crap... I don't want to write anything more reg. the movie here...

Last edited:

sandeepk

Journeyman
@drgrudge,
I too found Bee Movie to be interesting. Main thing about it is imagination and there is excels. Animation was also top notch.

SPOILER:
But the end was foolish. How can you pollinate whole world's plants with just a few hundred flowers?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Spoilers Alert!

I love animation movies for that same reason. "Straight B's in all Subjects" , "BeeNN", "To Bee or not to Bee" (haha.. my dialogue).

Leave the pollination thing. Bees talking to humans and bees landing a plane is even absurd. Nevertheless a cool movie and enjoyed a lot.

@drgrudge, Sure, I will.

@all who have seen No Country for Old Men Could anyone please tell me what makes this movie 8.6/10 with 4 Oscars??? I see it as worse than the worst movie I have ever seen!! :( WTF is this movie all about??? I still don't understand. Holy Crap... I don't want to write anything more reg. the movie here...
If u havent read the novel u wouldnt enjoy the movie .Otherwise the movie is good (though not as good to be nominated for oscars)

legolas

Padawan
@Ihatemyself, so, please tell me, what does the movie portray? Other than the crappy explanation of saying from tossing a coin "you have to make the choice"...

^^ i watched the movie and i thought i was the only one who felt it was a crap movie..! i dint like the ending! its pace was fast in the beginning but i dint understand the end..! tommy lee jones' conversation with his uncle bill was so boring! i just dint understand that part.. and his speech at the end was at its boring best!

anyways bardem really deserved the oscar for his performance!

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
hey watched Forest Gump the other day(kinda too late don't you think:D) but it was awesome.very good story and acting by Tom Hanks.a definite must watch!

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
No Country was such a bad movie .. Agreed i saw it after seeing OSO for the second time but still .. ugh !
My recomendation is : 9/11 Loose Change
(yesss he isss evvillllllll )

J

jxcess

Guys if u really want to watch some intelligent comedies with the best of american slang in them watch these two:

Clerks ( rated 7.9 on imdb.com)

Clerks 2 ( rated 7.8 )

These are the best comedies I've seen so far. both parts have the same lead characters but are independent of each other i.e. the second part is not a continuation of the first. the story is about 2 guys working in a convenience store and their nonchalant attitude towards their customers and the store.
The first film was shot in complete black & white due to budget constraints. To acquire the funds for the film, the diector of the movie (Kevin Smith) sold a large amount of his extensive comic book collection , dipped into a portion of funds set aside for his college education and spent insurance money awarded for a car he lost in a flood. But the selling point of the movie is not the acting or the storyline or the camera work or the sound but its in the dialogue. The films are full of lewd but witty aphorisms; specially the lines given to the actor who plays Randall are the best. These movies have achieved cult status in the US. They are not only wilder than the American pie series but are comparably better scripted. So if u r a big enthusiast for american slang and a fan of slapstick comedies I recommend u watch these 2.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Dead Silence (My Rating: 5.6/10) (It wasn't a minuscule of horror for me, though kids will get scared)

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (My Rating: 9.1/10) (go watch this masterpiece, the hope and the decadence all meet here )

The Fifth Element (My Rating: 4/10) (Uber crap sci-fi movie)

No Country for Old Man (My Rating: 7.8/10) (could hav been better, not the oscar sh!t, ending was kinda bleak)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Saw Tigerland.This is perhaps the best performances given by Colin Farrell till date in any of his movies.It's a brilliantly done movie & definitely worth a watch.

Top Bottom