Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Am yet to watch it. I was looking forward to watching Casey Affleck after his awesome performance in Assassination of Jesse James....:(

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
No. But I'm getting Into the Wild and No Country for Old Men in HD soon. I tend to get the ordinary version, if I like the movie, then it's HD.

Last edited:

hailgautam

Youngling
Saw Mithya: Don remade with less budget. Not as funny as Bheja Fry (from the same set of ppl) but very entertaining. will give 7.8/10. Must watch.

goobimama

 Macboy
Just watched the crap that is Beowulf. The storyline is horrible. CG is not yet ready for human beings. Crappy animation. Nothing like the animation movies of Pixar. Of course, those guys don't attempt to do human beings.

The only good thing is Anjelina Jolie! Call me sick, but that CG version of her was smokin' hot! :p

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Haha, we both have similar taste. :p I also liked and disliked Into the Wild and Beowulf.

Beowulf is a piece of crap. Couldn't believe Robert Zemekis made it.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Just watched the crap that is Beowulf. The storyline is horrible. CG is not yet ready for human beings. Crappy animation. Nothing like the animation movies of Pixar. Of course, those guys don't attempt to do human beings.

The only good thing is Anjelina Jolie! Call me sick, but that CG version of her was smokin' hot! :p
CG ? wat is it ? :oops:
computer generated or something else ?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^used in special effects
Computer Generated Imagery (CGI)

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_effect

goobimama

 Macboy
Am halfway through Old Country. I must say, it has been chilling so far. Superb acting by those two mexican dudes. Even if it ends without an ending - or so I've heard - I have enjoyed myself so far. The HD version is also really stunning. The soundtrack, while not surround intensive, is really nice and crispy.

J

jxcess

I read a lot of comments in here saying that movies like apocalypse, no country for old men, etc... are boring and not worth watching.

Yeah I agree with u.
Too bad the movies didn't have a heroine. u know the hero and the heroine could have done an item number in the rain. the heroine's father could have been the bad guy who doesn't like the hero coz he had a spat with the hero's father a long time ago. the hero then disguises himself as a servant boy and enters the girl's home. he then continues his romance with her and at the same time brings about harmony in the girl's house by solving her family problems. at the the end one of the girl's father's business partner, bcoz of some property issues, kidnaps the heroine and tries to force his son into marrying her so they can take over her property after she turns 21. but their plans are foiled by the hero who also saves the heroine's father from being killed and then reveals his true identity to the father. they then hand over the bad guys to the police and live happily ever after.

I think this would have been worth watching. It could also have been sent for an Oscar nomination.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Atonement (My Rating: 8/10) (graphic excellence, reminded me of The English Patient at the ending scene with the similar background score, a subtle movie with mild emotion)

Top Bottom