Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
To be Honest, I found the Oscar nomiantion quite ...........ah........bad...............!! I mean, I've seen Atonement ,Michael Clayton and Juno ....and didn't blow away from any one of these.....!!! Can sum1 tell me how the other two nominations are!!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
k thats fine..but wont be it an overkill to get every movie in 1080p or 720p, i would like to have few chosen ones in that high quality.:)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Sixth Sense (Dunno but this movie was a deja vu for me, i remember seeing something similar, twist was abrupt but kinda like seen before)
My Rating: 8.1/10

Momento
(its reverse chronology, I was confused till the first half and then somehow got the intuition abt what was the real deal, watch this if u need a twist but the twist is subtle)
My Rating: 7.9/10

PS: U can see a fractal kinda thing in Momento Poster, if u r smart enuf then u can get the meaning what thats got to do with the movie ;p

sandeepk

Journeyman
I watched No Country for Old Men (2007) recently. I would give it only 6/10. It has got very high ratings on IMDB (8.6). But I found it not that entertaining. This was my second Oscar nominated movie this year. Earlier was Juno (My rating was 6/10). Currently watching Micheal Clayton. Hope this one is good!![SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ in the beginning it appears to be something interesting but later all i could do is sleep

anyone seen Sahara ,1943-the black and white one?its a great movie.just saw that today

goobimama

 Macboy
Movies of the Year!

Into the Wild. Awesome movie. For those who love adventure movies, this is the one. It's got some amazing footage, good acting, and a good soundtrack (done by Eddie Vedder). It's also a Sean Penn movie so you can know that it's good to go.

Synopsis: After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gave his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhiked to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.

A must must must watch. 10/10 (IMDB says 8.3/10). Also, try and make an effort to watch it in HD.

slugger

Banned
just finished watching Francis Ford Coppola's Apolcalypse Now Redux

War at its absolute worst. An absolute masterpiece. A must watch

9.5/10

[deducting 0.5 for the length more than 3 hours]

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
He was a Quiet Man.Brilliant movie.I was amazed at the performance given by Elisha Cuthbert in this movie as I never felt that she ever had acting potential but this movie proved it wrong.Christian Slater also put in a noteworthy effort.Overall a nice drama flick.:)

Also saw The Heartbreak Kid.OK'ish movie.Not upto the expectation but fair enough considering Ben Stiller's usual goofy ass acting.;)

I suppose people here also know about David Lynch .He is a brilliant director who made movies which turned out to be nightmares of many worldwide..
See yourselves *imdb.com/name/nm0000186/
I would recommend the movie Eraserhead , elephant man by him (they r black and white)
Dumbland is popular amongst many too.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Tried watching Juno and No Country For Old Men. Didn;t liked them and gave up watching after half hour.

American Gangster is good though a bit lengthy. Fine performances by Denzel Washington and Russsel Crowe.
My rating: 7/10

Top Bottom