Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

shantanu

Technomancer
NO drive it was a file compressed into a DVD9 by CHIP :D , and well i do have the resolution of 1600*1200 :)

where can i get matrix in HD???

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
bought the great escape.it cant be called a war movie i think coz there's no war :D .but its just great movie :)
thanks drgrudge
I've to find any one who doesn't like The Great Escape. It has historic errors but the movie as such is great. My father recommended me; he must have seen in his college days.

shantanu -
You're on your own. You knew what you had to.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ashwin! I havent watched the below movies from the list you gave me.

1. Equilibrium
2. Batman Begins
3. Sin City

I hope they are interesting. I do remember watching Batman Begins but that was long time back.

Even I know tamil macha.:p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Have 1 & 3 already in 1080p but Reloaded had to be downloaded in 720p but still is of commendable quality.1080p is razor sharp in terms of image quality & you can easily make out the difference between 1080p & 720p.I am now on an HD spree.Have got nearly 10-14 movies in HD.Onto to more now.

@Ashwin: Failed to notice Chevy Chase's Christmas vacation in your movies list.I just caught up with this movie recently & it's darn funny.Just check it out if you haven't seen it yet.;)

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Man techtronic, how big is the download file?

Awesome Movie :
Constantine
Genre:Horror / Sci-fi
Actors: Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
A standard 1080p file goes upto 8GB depending on the ripper.If you check for Batman Begins I failed to locate one HD rip of it for 720p & only has 1080p rips & that too of 25GB in size.:eek:

ajayritik

Technomancer
All you folks here you are into HD & Blu Ray. Can you give more details about these things like 1080p, 720p etc and all about these technologies. Some of the nitty gritties Please? I guess allwyndlima,techtronic & Ashwin can help me on this!

drgrudge

This is the final warning to allwyndlima, ring_wraith, techtronic and other who indulge in piracy (or scene) talk here. Please respect the rules here.

2 days ban to start with and the reprimand will be heavy for subsequent carelessness and indifference to the forum rules.

ajayritik

Technomancer
One more thing I observed is if I borrow DVD's from the Library that I guess are of region meant for India their capacity is less than 4.7 GB i.e. it's a single layer DVD. However when I check the DVD's of movies that have been bought outside of India say Europe or US they are mostly Dual Layer that is capacity over 6 GB. What's the matter? Are these Library people renting original DVD's meant for Indian region? or they are compressing it and burning it on a single layer DVD? Has anyone purchased any Movie DVD from here in India? I'm refering to English movies here!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I've see most of the movies. You name it. I would have seen it. So investing my BW on HD and TV Shows. More over with a 24X7 line, HD stuffs take 2 days. Some HDTV rips are even 2.5GB but have amazing audio/video and are as good as 4.X or 6.X GB rips.
Wasn't this the message that you gave out Ashwin? Is that something indifferent to what we said? Anyways don't want to enter into an arguement but would stop posting in this thread henceforth.;)

drgrudge

^^
See there's a subtle difference in what I'm posting and what you guys are doing. I never posted: "I'm downloading xyz now" or something which is clearly hinting what you're upto. Also in the statement you quoted, I mentioned "HD Stuffs". I can download legal HD Stuffs right?

Seems even I need to take care. Issue closed for debate. Any other post whcih is otherwise related to "Must Watch Movies Recommended By Digitians" will be deleted.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Just one suggestion to all people recommending codec packs/vlc/ffdshow/whatever.. Try SMplayer.. It uses mplayer as the backend, and Mplayer is THE best quality video player out there. SMplayer will not install any crap codecs, wont mess with your system, and will play EVERYTHING. Just try it out once :)

shantanu

Technomancer
i dont think there is any piracy talk going on.. atleast i aint doin :D , well HD movies there must be a legal online shop for ordering :D isnt it ??

no torrents required ...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^but you need to have HD\blu-ray drive to play them.

and torrents is not piracy.

Ontopic:saw laws of attraction yesterday(pierce brosnan),dint like it much.Gonna watch October Sky today.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I thought this is a thread to talk about which movies are good? We do NOT want to know how you got your movies and what you're "downloading"

Thread will be deleted if such nonsense continues.

Back to the topic:

My vote goes to "The Man From Earth" - 9/10 from me!

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
drgrudge
I have not told anything about any release group man
i am just saying what I am downloading buddy
What you are saying is right if I say something like release group or rip name.

Last edited:

drgrudge

^^
Just read what Raaabo posted. We don't want to know what you're downloading as well.

And please no more off topics and debate. I'm going to delete all the off topic posts..

Top Bottom