Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
We are starting a new genre of war. First it was Firefox Vs Opera, the came Nokia Vs SE (still fighting is going on, I see a lot of reported threads) and the classic OS wars which has lead to bans and created a digital divide.

Now it's VLC vs QT. :D Anyway, I like VLC. Works fine, audio is good, video is good similar to other players. I don't know what codecs it has. It pretty much plays EVERYTHING (but for Real media) with any other plugin.

Not that I hate QT. I use QT too, but 80% VLC runs my video files on my Mac.

drgrudge

Saw Pretty in Pink. Kicks the **** out of other teen movies. Get your hands on any movie which involves the trio of Molly - John Huges - Anthony Michael.

Molly Ringwald must the most pretty and elegant lady to grace the silver screen ,after Audrey Hepburn. That smile, so beautiful!

God, I love John Hughes movies. Almost seen all of them. Next task is to get Weird Science.

goobimama

 Macboy
I just watched "A Few Good Men". Really nice movie, but I find the ending a little unrealistic. I won't say anything more cause it might spoil it for the rest...

The Assassination of Jesse James (Blu-ray) (Releases Feb 05).
I think I'll wait :)

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
techtronic -
Seen the movie already. An other good Adventure-War movie you know?

She's Smriti Rao of NDTV.

praka123 -
Malluwa tamilla? Thirivananthapuram poganum. Chennaille mallu odathu.

The Bridge on River Kwai
Der Untergang
Guns of Navarone

Am watching "The Brave One" *ing Jodie Foster and Naveen Andrews. Pretty good so far. My folks watched it yesterday and said it was good.

@techntronic: You getting 300 now?!?!?!

Now I have got Pixar Animation Collection : Volume 1.
As usual Blu-ray Rip
URL : *www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=533

I've see most of the movies. You name it. I would have seen it. So investing my BW on HD and TV Shows. :twisted: More over with a 24X7 line, HD stuffs take 2 days. Some HDTV rips are even 2.5GB but have amazing audio/video and are as good as 4.X or 6.X GB rips.

Also you get addicted. Some 6 years ago, you loved the .dat/.mpg files in those CDs, then came the 700 MB rips, then higher resolution, 5.1 channel AC3 1.4/2.1 GB rip, then you loved DVDs. Now it's all HD. :D

@shantanu, don't worry. Look into the link I gave you. Rest assured that you can run any HD videos. My cousin's 2 year old PC runs HD like a charm.

2.5 GB HDRips are NHaNC3 Rips :cool:
By the way Shantanu, this is my config and I am using VLC v0.8.5 to play 1080p and 720p Rips

3.2 Ghz P IV Processor
1 GB DDR 400 RAM
256 MB XFX 6200 nVIDIA Graphics Card
1 TB Western Digital External USB Drive :D (Storage Repository)
80 GB IDE Seagate HDD
24" Dell LCD Monitor E240WFP Monitor

I just watched "A Few Good Men". Really nice movie, but I find the ending a little unrealistic. I won't say anything more cause it might spoil it for the rest...

The Assassination of Jesse James (Blu-ray) (Releases Feb 05).
I think I'll wait :)

Even Few Good Men is available in both 720p and 1080p BD Rip :D

Last edited:

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
MPC FTW. VLC codec sare not good enough. Though i easily recommend it to those who want to run things out of the box.
MPC gives me the option to choose ffdshow and my own codecs, and all the advanced filter options. For best results use overlay mode (renderless), even 1080p work flawlessly this way on a crappy system.

I hate that drm pos wmp & qt.

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
guys , i played the sample BlueRAY 1080p HD content provided iN CHIP sept. not digit.. and just installed the codecs which were mentioned by ashwin(if i am not wrong drgrudge) :D ) and the content played like a normal movie , man awesome quality and very smooth.. the proccy usage on all cores was, 16%, 8% 4 % 2 % , charm :D thanks guys..

can i buy any movie in HD , is any movie available.. ??

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^congrats,but dont get addicted to HD if you don't have bandwidth to fuel your addiction(Like me :()

not many movies are available here in India I guess but lotsa Hollywood movies have been released in full HD.
BTW do you have blu-ray\Hd-dvd drive?I don't think HD movies are available in normal DVD's.

The very first movie you should watch in full HD(1020p) id transformers IMO.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ashwin! The list you have mentioned is awesome! I will definitely try to catch on few of them. Right now I'm looking for a clean comedy movie and something in action which has lot of special effects. Have you come across any in the recent times?

Friends! Do we have any sample HD movie file on the net which I can download and check on my PC. I'm just asking about a sample file please don't jump the guns and tell Piracy etc. I don't have Chip Sep Edition with me.

drgrudge

guys , i played the sample BlueRAY 1080p HD content provided iN CHIP sept. not digit.. and just installed the codecs which were mentioned by ashwin(if i am not wrong drgrudge) :D ) and the content played like a normal movie , man awesome quality and very smooth.. the proccy usage on all cores was, 16%, 8% 4 % 2 % , charm :D thanks guys..

can i buy any movie in HD , is any movie available.. ??
Good. Did I not say your PC can play HD?

How will run HD stuffs? Do you have a BD/HD DVD player with you?

Your First HD movie should neither be 300 nor Transformers. It should be Matrix. :D

The_Devil_Himself said:
The very first movie you should watch in full HD(1020p) id transformers IMO.
What's the point of 1080p? Unless you have a screen resolution of 1920X1080, it's pretty much worthless. Your video will be scaled down.

ajayritik said:
Ashwin! The list you have mentioned is awesome! I will definitely try to catch on few of them. Right now I'm looking for a clean comedy movie and something in action which has lot of special effects. Have you come across any in the recent times?
I've already listed clean comedies list in your thread you started sometime back, search for it.

Action and special effects:
1. Transformers
2. 300
3. Terminator 1 and 2
4. Equilibrium
5. Batman Begins
6. Lord of the Rings
7. Sin City
8. Star Wars

There should be more but that's all I can think of now.

ajayritik said:
Friends! Do we have any sample HD movie file on the net which I can download and check on my PC. I'm just asking about a sample file please don't jump the guns and tell Piracy etc. I don't have Chip Sep Edition with me.
Go to Apple.com and download the HD movie trailers. Or download the OSS movie Elephants Dream. *orange.blender.org/download

Top Bottom