Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Guys...could any of you enlighten me on what exactly happened in the ending of Sublime....was the guy actually dreaming about it all along, being in PVS?

Saw this movie long back, when it was released. Can't recollect everything but it went something like this :-

We all dream. The dreams which we tend to remember are mostly related to day to day events, still they might not be logical. You can see anything!!

They guy went into coma(PVS) after a complication(embolism) during colonoscopy. That damaged his part of the brain permanently. He was put on life support.

All the weird events we notice after the colonoscopy are the events going on in his imagination, things he dreams, which not necessarily are logical. But they involve people whom he interacts with just before the colonoscopy.

PVS cause him to emote, open his eyes etc. He is in a stage from where he cannot come back. He is on life support but his family members think he is still alive so they deny removal of the life support.

The guy dies in the end. During that he witnesses the event in his brain that he is actually jumping from the window, but he is not. He never gets out of the bed after the colonoscopy.

End of the spoiler.

Recommendation:- One more similar movie

Stay *www.imdb.com/title/tt0371257/

Dipen01

Youngling
^

Halfbaked :p - Unn can watch for tp..Dunno i dont like movies that much these days..

Still looking Sentinel type hitech movie :|

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guys...could any of you enlighten me on what exactly happened in the ending of Sublime....was the guy actually dreaming about it all along, being in PVS?
yeah his subconscious mind was playing around with him. The movie actually shows that there is a great share of deaths caused by improper procedure, leaving operation instruments inside patient etc.

Another recommendation could be Jacob's Ladder, this movie was the milestone for any other psychological movie, few scenes in Sublime are taken or inspired form Jacob's ladder.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Another recommendation could be Jacob's Ladder, this movie was the milestone for any other psychological movie, few scenes in Sublime are taken or inspired form Jacob's ladder.

One more - Vanilla Sky starring Tom cruise, penelope cruz, cameroon diaz...remake of the original spanish movie, Open your eyes.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I love Cameroon Crowe. He's one of my fav. directors. Try to watch all his movies. Vanilla Sky is a 'heavy' movie, but good nevertheless. Fast times at Ridgemont High is a comedy movie which you'll never forget. Sean Penn's early movie and what an actor!

My fav. directors (in no order)
1. Cameroon Crowe
2. John Hughes
3. Robert Zemekis
4. Sergio Leone
5. Steven Speilberg
6. James Cameroon
7. Stanley Kubrick (ohh yeah, how can we forget him?)
8. Spike Lee (anyone watched the movie 25th Hour)
9. Martin Scorsese

ray|raven

Think Zen.
I love Cameroon Crowe. He's one of my fav. directors. Try to watch all his movies. Vanilla Sky is a 'heavy' movie, but good nevertheless. Fast times at Ridgemont High is a comedy movie which you'll never forget. Sean Penn's early movie and what an actor!

My fav. directors (in no order)
1. Cameroon Crowe
2. John Hughes
3. Robert Zemekis
4. Sergio Leone
5. Steven Speilberg
6. James Cameroon
7. Stanley Kubrick (ohh yeah, how can we forget him?)
8. Spike Lee (anyone watched the movie 25th Hour)
9. Martin Scorsese

OMG! , No George Lucas!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
James Cameroon is a legend.Have loved all his movies till now.Ridley Scott again a very talented director.Mel Gibson has a great directorial vision.Michael Bay whom I have really found very promising time & again.And how can one miss out Peter Jackson? and Sam Raimi? :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Abyss this movie is underrated, the best of underwater movie after Das Boot, with an alien twist.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
28 Days Later a must watch movie for post apocalytic lovers, better than the sequel, both movies rocks and kicks RE series right in the middle (RE is some tracks from various band + **** load of zombie action = sucks) :D

ajayritik

Technomancer
Watched Halla bol today! It was nice movie. I dont know why it didnt work at the box office, maybe it was too preachy!

Top Bottom