Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Watch The Prestige directed by Christopher Nolan(Memento, Batman Begins).

Amazing film..........He's my favorite director now..........:)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Can someone here give me some info on prestige? Howz the movie like? What's the plot? I read a little in Wikipedia that its something about magicians. Is this more of suspense genre?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
@eggman - Watch Nolan's Insomnia too. Awesome Movie

@ajayritik - Prestige is another awesome movie.Check it out.
Christian Bale especially acts very well.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
mmmm that explains your comments, I knew otherwise they cant be justified. Then what do you have to say for movies like 12 Angry men and The man from earth which have zero commercial entertainment factor. I guess that would not be in your bag........

If you ask me I am totally opposite to, what your objective of movie watching is. I mean its not that I do not watch movies for entertainment, but if a movie is aclaimed/close to reality, life n ethics (in which ever way) I watch it very critically/observing all the nity gritties, like the recent one Gone Baby Gone is really very thought provoking movie, with questions to be asked on both ethical and moral grounds. Movies like Constant Gardner Hotel Rawandalist would go on........I watch and measure to the very depth and detail.

Now there are movies which suffice both the entertainment and reality factor which also I watch n judge very critically, e.g would be Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan (both movies BTW are one of my best movies) and finally puerly entertainment movies like Bugs Life, Incredibles, and Ice Age are just awsome as well.

Some movies with no logic like Hot Shots I n II, Naked Gun, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey are also fun to watch...........

My scope usually is flexible according to movie I am watching, but if its a serious/ close to reality one I wait for the right mood coz otherwise I wont be doing justice to the movie i am watching..............hardcore Hollywood movie fan......:D,
Sorry to disappoint mate but I guess both our perspectives of watching movies is different.If I like a movie I try to discuss about it & clarify a few points which I fail to understand.I don't go into critically analysing or digging too deep into it as I know at the end of the day it's a MOVIE.I myself am an adrent Hollywood movie buff.My comments are purely based on what I feel on it's first watch.I haven't seen 12 Monkeys yet(even though I have it lying on my HDD) but it's not that I don't want to give them a shot nor do I resent them.For the first time when I saw a drama movie like He Was A Quiet Man,I realised these genre of movies have to offer.So it's not like I don't give different genre variety a shot but I just don't dig too deep into it(unless it's very interesting).So I hope you understand my point of view.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
seroiusly u guys are missing a lot of good foreign movies,
a_medico has given some good recommendations, i dont like hollywoodish ending in movies, sometimes it just too much.
And if someone thinks a good movie is one with lots of dialogs then he/she seriously miss the other aspect of the movie. Some movies speaks a lot despite of less dialog if any.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Some movies speaks a lot despite of less dialog if any.
Like Mr.Bean? ;) Just kidding.:D But seriously would like to try them out.If I could wade through his earlier posts a bit & could get my internet connection NU plan up & running.

ajaybc

Youngling
American Pie 1,2,3
Very funny & sexy
American Pie 4,5,6 sucks

Also
There's something about Mary and Wedding crashers
very funny movies too

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Others you may like are Session 9 and Jacob's Ladder

Seen'em. Liked both. Jacob's was better for me amongst the two.

Saw We Own The Night. It was more like a bollywood movie in 80s with a hollywood touch. Two brothers, one cop one gunda. Loved the track by Blondie at the beginning of the movie when the couple is making out(turns out, its an english song!!).

Beowulf was OK. Soundtrack is good though. Angelina Jolie's cameo is cool.

Has anybody seen Chasing Amy? Its one of the most complex movies on relationship ever made. I cannot recommend it to everyone but only to those who has some patience. Director Kevin Smith has made some amazing movies in the past but nowadays we don't see much of his work.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
T159 did u read the small discuession between me and ally, whats your take on this, how do you put your movie watching experience, love to hear what you have to say........
I always try to get the meaning out of the movie, the crew behind the movie is not stupid , they wanted us to see something that they experienced and put forward in the form of a movie to give it a visual and aural shape. Yeah but then their are some who just make movie for entertainment value with lots of plot holes.

I dont really like mindless action and flimsy dialogs.

Though I do like some light movies like Austin Powers etc. But yeah those are only for when am feelin too much bored. But yeah slap stick humor kills me and skil flick do. I try to stay away from them as long as i can.

Like Mr.Bean? ;) Just kidding.:D But seriously would like to try them out.If I could wade through his earlier posts a bit & could get my internet connection NU plan up & running.
No but Mr. Bean is still amusing in afunny way, inspires me sometime :D

Watch Spring,summer,fall, winter...and spring

Its one of those movie which actually give the feeling of satiation and there is less dialog and more scenic beauty. May be you will know something hard abt the life too ;)

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Got Juno in HD. (Yet to watch)

Really excited about it. I love the soundtrack, story/screenplay and acting. The HD video got director's commentary too.

Amazing movie guys. A must watch.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I have Blue Umbrella by Vishal Bharadwaj on my HD. Should I watch it? Really need some inputs before I watch it. Don't really feel like doing so by myself.

T159 said:

Its one of those movie which actually give the feeling of satiation and there is less dialog and more scenic beauty. May be you will know something hard abt the life too

Loved the simplicity of the movie.

King of dosra - Muralitharan

Its Harbhajan actually. Sreesanth was the latest victim of his doosra. :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

Its one of those movie which actually give the feeling of satiation and there is less dialog and more scenic beauty. May be you will know something hard abt the life too ;)
For a second there I thought the title was for 5 different movies.:D

Top Bottom