Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Nice work Aniruddha !!!

I've uploaded my desktop snapshot on this month's Official Desktop thread on Forum.

U R WORKING REALLY HARD !!!

Keep it up !! :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Thanks, pal.

Actually I wanted to release ver.0.3. It had been eagerly waiting on my desktop to be free from the shackles! :)

I wanted to take a break from this as I need to give more time regarding my admissions. However, I guess it won't leave me so soon. I gotta sort out the Icon theme problem and soon release an addon pack for GNOME 2.20. But I'll soon do it.

Yeah, I saw the desktop. Sweet :)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ No need to ban my head searching gnome-look .. Great initiative bro.. :) Thanks a ton :) and I owe a Mac 4 Lin review a brief 1 .. Just wait a few days my Customization Guide ver2. and Mac 4 Lin ver3 :D But please use imgx.org

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Anyone working on packaging it? Looks like I won't have time to do any packaging stuff before 18th November as I have CAT coming up and no net connection at work.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
QWERTY said he'll do the scripting work. No need of packaging, no .deb or .rpm. Scripts will work everywhere :) I guess I'll be banking on him for that now, since I'm quite busy myself.

mehulved

Well it will be much better in the long term and to attract more users and developers that we have atleast one rpm and one deb package available initially atleast.
How much more difficult is it to create a deb from it? I haven't tried the whole procedure myself but from what I've read it's just about creating a folder for the project, arranging the files in proper hierarcy as it would go on the file system. Write pre-install and post-install scripts as may be required and then run some tool like dh_make. I may have missed out on a few things. And I have pointed out a few people to Harsh who can prolly address his queries reguarding packaging.

mehulved

Another thing I forgot to add, is that a deb created for debian or ubuntu should work on both to the best of my knowledge as we don't have any external dependancy. Only problem we could encounter is if there are differences in paths.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
QwertyManiac said:
LinuxMini's written a post on Mac4Lin:
*linuxmini.blogspot.com/2007/10/is-this-linux-or-mac.html
good news!!! Love it
mehulved said:
Well it will be much better in the long term and to attract more users and developers that we have atleast one rpm and one deb package available initially atleast.
How much more difficult is it to create a deb from it? I haven't tried the whole procedure myself but from what I've read it's just about creating a folder for the project, arranging the files in proper hierarcy as it would go on the file system. Write pre-install and post-install scripts as may be required and then run some tool like dh_make. I may have missed out on a few things. And I have pointed out a few people to Harsh who can prolly address his queries reguarding packaging.
i too tried something similar but dint work out. :(

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
SOme more news
*theesylum.com.nyud.net/2007/10/25/leopard-mac4lin-and-the-quest-for-the-perfect-theme/

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
WOW! It got featured on howtoforge!

*www.howtoforge.com/mac4lin_make_linux_look_like_a_mac

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
And Whoa! The Howtoforge Article got Dugg!

*digg.com/linux_unix/Mac4Lin_Mac_OS_X_Leopard_Is_Coming_to_Your_Linux_Desktop

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@infra, do u have original Mac, i suppose tat shuld be ur source for all those themes, icons & see that u dont violate any rule & rights... so u wont get sued. :p

& when did u get ur copyright ? :D

*img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.03528c7777.jpg

Dont get in trouble. :)

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
vish786 said:
@infra, do u have original Mac, i suppose tat shuld be ur source for all those themes, icons & see that u dont violate any rule & rights... so u wont get sued. :p

& when did u get ur copyright ? :D

*img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.03528c7777.jpg

Dont get in trouble. :)
The document and the projects are his of course, whilst due credit has been given to the individual theme packs contained within. Infra doesn't hold any responsibility or etc over what's inside the pack, its subject to the creators mentioned within. :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@shirish
Thanks pal. BTW my name is Anirudh :)

@Vish
Yeah, its for the guide. Actually, I think I'll ask the mod there to remove that copyright. I didn't ask him to put that up, neither did the guide contain it. Actually there could be some copyright issues not with that screenshot but with the use of Apple logo in the GNOME main menu. But then if that happens then I'll not ship the logo with the package, thats it :)

@avikchuks
The Icon theme doesn't fully work in GNOME 2.20. Some of the icons are still the old GNOME ones. I'm working on a compatible theme.

@QWERTY
Yep :)

And the number of downloads haf exceeded my expectations!!! I can't even imagine that a 40-odd MB package could be downloaded so many times that the total downloads would reach close to 250GB in just about 7 dayz!!!! (figure indicates only ver.0.3 download!!!!) :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom