Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
gx_saurav said:
Anirudh, I m gonna try Ubuntu 7.10 in VM again just for this. The project looks nice , but still there are many inconsistencies in it, would be glad to help in making it more sexy...

Oh! & don't worry, Linux still sux for me :D
well if it sucks then why do use it?
better use a os which suits you more like windows vista;)
also i don't VM supports compiz-fusion:|

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
gary4gar said:
well if it sucks then why do use it?
better use a os which suits you more like windows vista

Vista is my Work OS, Ubuntu in VM with this is just for timepass :D

also i don't VM supports compiz-fusion:|

Yup, not supported, but is Compiz-fusion a must for this Mac4Lin project

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Compiz Fusion is not must. There are alternatives provided to components of Mac4Lin which are dependent on CF but then they don't reflect the true Mac4Lin. The alternatives compromise a lot.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Mac4Lin doesn't require exotic hardware!!! If Compiz Fusion runs fine on your PC then so will Mac4Lin.

Btw, contact Shashwat (Dark Star) for some tweaks. He runs Compiz Fusion on 256MB DDR on Intel 845 chipset onboard video and it runs fine for him :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
oye ird did u know that the new awn has the stack feature of leopard: !!!!!! i love awn this app makes me come into ubuntu

and like leopard stack it shows real time thumbs also !!!!!!!!

*img134.imageshack.us/img134/7506/screenshotue1.th.png

which means it is more close to leopard and for all ur haters who sent u mails saying y u emulating os x when they arent giving back to oss say that that is why u created it so that the 3rd reason why ppl why os x for its "just look at the UI" will also be killed leaving only mac hardware and mac specific apps as the remaining resonsfor ppl to buy a mac :D

vish786

"The Gentleman"
iMav said:
oye ird did u know that the new awn has the stack feature of leopard: !!!!!! i love awn this app makes me come into ubuntu

and like leopard stack it shows real time thumbs also !!!!!!!!

we know it buddy.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@iMav
Yeah, stacks applet has been there since quite sometime now.

The reason why I created Mac4Lin is the same you mentioned. People drool over MacOS X UI. Underlying kernel has been heavily exposed. So people who want a more secure OS with extreme customization and a Mac like UI for free can get GNU/Linux with Mac4Lin. Of corz due to some limitations the UI won't be 100% Mac.

praka123

left this forum longback
Arre!dont u know that a guy got "Time Machine*" made for GNU/Linux using rsync base? :D
*code.google.com/p/flyback/

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ani dashboard like screenlet more closer to os x:

*www.gnome-look.org/content/show.ph...24&PHPSESSID=bddbe4f7cc9308915d60f5dfb96bb8d1

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yeah, thats the reason why I don't wanna include. Actually I even didn't wanna include Simdock (since its very buggy). But due to public demand I had to include it. For most, it doesn't work unless compiled.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ANi I installed Awn manager.. it shows up in preferences but it does not start :( , what could be the reason?

Kenshin

meowww meoww
Do a "Applications-->Accessories-->avant window navigator" once the dock appears u will be able to use the awn manager...I was also hvin same prob hehe

I suggest you also include Noia 2.0 eXtreme theme for firefox in your mac4lin. it goes well with mac firefox. or you can go for a safari firefox theme.

Top Bottom