Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
A new Icon theme for GNOME 2.20 and Mac4Lin Documentation Rev. 1.1 (PDF) which covers installation instructions for GNOME 2.20 have now been released!

Check them out at: *sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=204373&sel_platform=4117

Plz report any bugs.

Today has been the day of highest downloads: 110GB and still counting..... Total downloads haf been over 580GB till this day! Over 46000 downloads haf been recorded!! I never imagined this project would scale such heights. I thank everyone for their support. Plz keep the suggestions/complaints/bugs/feedback flowing. It'll help in the betterment of this project :)

The project has finally been LifeHacked and has gone to places which can't be traced!! :)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hey ANi. bro .. where is the new wallpaper set I cannot find it in Mac 4 Lin ver3 zip pack :(

Check this out infra.. Main menu icons too small :( Try fixin it :)

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/3003/Screenshot.png *www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/3004/Screenshot-1.png

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The wallpapers' file is right there on the download page. Here is the direct link: *downloads.sourceforge.net/mac4lin/Wallpapers_Mac4Lin_v0.3.tar.gz?use_mirror=nchc&filesize=13736997

And the small sized icons haf nothing to do with the icon theme. They are set in the GTK theme. They've been set at 18x18. Just edit the gtkrc file in the GTK theme to change the icon size. Or report back if you face any difficulty. I'll tell you how to do it.

Hmm... So the places, network manager and deskbar icons haf not been replaced. Guess I'll hafta take care of that.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Mac4Lin reaches a new milestone!

*img230.imageshack.us/img230/7467/screenshotsourceforgenezo9.png

Mac4Lin Downloads: 1 TeraByte (TB) and counting......

I wanna thank everyone for their support :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yeah sure, open gtkrc in a text editor and find this line:

gtk-icon-sizes = "panel-menu=16,16: panel=16,16:gtk-button=24,24:gtk-large-toolbar=32,32"

Change the no. of pixels in the bolded part. Make it around 20 for bigger icons. Experiment with different sizes till you are satisfied.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
its nov 5 and you already 350GB up :D .. I bet you will cross 1TB this month alone ;)

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Man, excellent project!! I had tried to change the theme on my Open SuSE 10.2 using individual packages like icons, sounds, etc, but I ended up breaking something :( I still haven't tried your project. (Un)fortunately, I'm on KDE on Mint. If I could install gnome on this, i would definitely be trying it out. I'll keep you posted though :)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hey add Leapoard Version Icon theu are the most stable for Gnome 2.20 I mean o error :p and please update GTK and Icon ;)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Great going ANi ;) 1.1 TB in the month of november and still counting :D
*img514.imageshack.us/img514/4140/m4lhv7.jpg
*img514.imageshack.us/img514/4140/m4lhv7.a433a4d365.jpg

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
when can we have some sort of script, that can automate installion??

i think qwertym was working on it.
Harsh, so till where you have reached?

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@Charan

@Gaurish
This was planned and QWERTY volunteered to help but I guess he's busy. Even I'm extremely busy till December ends. So if you guys can help in scripting i'd welcome that from my side :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dude this was 1 of the main resons why i decided to to install ubuntu but woh meri kabse maar raha hai .... chale toh yeh chalon

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Anirudh, I m gonna try Ubuntu 7.10 in VM again just for this. The project looks nice , but still there are many inconsistencies in it, would be glad to help in making it more sexy...

Oh! & don't worry, Linux still sux for me :D

Top Bottom