Inter-Religion Marriage possible??

icebags

Technomancer
^i don't get that bad behavior part. a mature unmarried person is asking another matured unmarried person of opp sex the permission to marry, whats bad in it *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/106.gif ? if permission granted, go with it, if denied, accept it and deal with it. i believe its very rational and sane behavior.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^i don't get that bad behavior part. a mature unmarried person is asking another matured unmarried person of opp sex the permission to marry, whats bad in it *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/106.gif ? if permission granted, go with it, if denied, accept it and deal with it. i believe its very rational and sane behavior.

You can creep out the girl that way.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@icebag ...its not as easy as it looks ...once u tell her that u like her and want to marry her ..the relation becomes either engaged or broken ...no single way

icebags

Technomancer
@icebag ...its not as easy as it looks ...once u tell her that u like her and want to marry her ..the relation becomes either engaged or broken ...no single way

You can creep out the girl that way.

i think, i am talking about some "mature lady", not some creepy college/school girl. "mature ladies" are supposed to be mature, i mean they should be able to analyze the situation and visualize the outcome. its not that they are never going to get married.

so if its a necessity, why cant it be requested straightforward ? there is always option to agree or deny. a "mature man" should be able to accept whether its a go or a no-go. no ? *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/102.gif

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok you maybe right...in case of matured girls...but I assure you this gal is very immature ..and I know that either she will accept happily or wont talk to me again

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
ok you maybe right...in case of matured girls...but I assure you this gal is very immature ..and I know that either she will accept happily or wont talk to me again

I would like to give one piece of advice here sujoy. Its been quite a while now and i guess you should tell her what you have in mind. The sooner the better.
Since you were the one that got attracted in the first place, its going to be hard on you if something negative in her decision arises.

What i'm trying to say is, you should avoid that post breakup/depression phase at all costs this time. Its either a "Yes" or a "No".
Just summon courage and go ahead. Don't make her uncomfortable and be as polite as possible. A bit sentimental mood will be perfect.
I guess its time now. :)

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
if direct approach is not possible, then do it in the common indirect way, meet her parents and state the proposal.

i think normally parents don't creep out if they receive marriage proposals for daughters. :D

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@extreme gamer ....bingo...u r right...her innocence and immaturity I liked most :D

@vickybat ....I can understand your point...I will wait just one more week for any helpful soul for advice or will directly approch...lets see ;)

@iceberg he he he parents dont live here...she lives in PG

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i think, i am talking about some "mature lady", not some creepy college/school girl. "mature ladies" are supposed to be mature, i mean they should be able to analyze the situation and visualize the outcome. its not that they are never going to get married.

so if its a necessity, why cant it be requested straightforward ? there is always option to agree or deny. a "mature man" should be able to accept whether its a go or a no-go. no ? *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/102.gif

Then be prepared for a 'no' in most of the cases because decisions like this are not made on the spot even by mature standards. But the same no can be converted to 'yes' if you hang out with that person and build a good relationship.

icebags

Technomancer
Then be prepared for a 'no' in most of the cases because decisions like this are not made on the spot even by mature standards. But the same no can be converted to 'yes' if you hang out with that person and build a good relationship.
who said decision has to be made on the spot ? the proposed person may start with "lets see", take the proposer details, and start dating if the same is found acceptable. "yes" or "no" may come after.

not all decisions in life can be made in binary codes, but some question are simple if asked directly - saves lots of trouble. isn't it ? :)

( to tell the truth, if the answer is an instant NO, then the relationship is absolutely a no-go.:D )

Last edited:
OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
iceberg ...I am not ready to hear a NO that instant...a lets see or will think about it is a much better answer ...just like HR in companies do ...they say " we will consider your profile and will call you soon" :D :D

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok soo at last today I talked with a good guy who explained me about there culture and rules.

Soo according to him its not possible to convert any muslim girl/boy to hindu or you can say to marry that girl the only way here is to convert to muslim..
And he says in that case I will have to live my parents and others forever coz they r hindu and live like a muslim .

ok soo this was something I was already mentally prepared to come...this is the general rule all muslim religion follow.. i know.

hmm but this way my plan failed badly..and I have no plan to leave anyone for a so-called-love.

I have just one more person who may help...he is bit modern..and he married a russian girl ...lets see

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I have just one more person who may help...he is bit modern..and he married a russian girl ...lets see

Marrying Russian girl doesn't add weight to that.

Life is about compromises. You got to choose.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
ok soo at last today I talked with a good guy who explained me about there culture and rules.

Soo according to him its not possible to convert any muslim girl/boy to hindu or you can say to marry that girl the only way here is to convert to muslim..
And he says in that case I will have to live my parents and others forever coz they r hindu and live like a muslim .

ok soo this was something I was already mentally prepared to come...this is the general rule all muslim religion follow.. i know.

hmm but this way my plan failed badly..and I have no plan to leave anyone for a so-called-love.

Just try as soon as you feel comfortable. Have you ever met her parents (maybe to commend her performance as your employee or something)?

Mentally prepare for the cliched no, but do not think it can never happen. Just don't push her for a relationship right after a no. Go it slow if there is a no.

Given how her parents live away from her it is possible that they are relatively modern given how conservative most South Asian Muslims tend to be.

Don't start with a "will you marry me." That will turn off many people. Tell her that you like her and that you would want to take the relationship further.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@icebag...I will register in India

@faun but he is a bit modern guy...I am sure :)

@gamer i am going as softly and slowly as i can..but time is running away

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
SUJOYP

Since u got feels for her, nothing should concerns you! cause u cannot push the feeling either you get mad (or) end up bad, even i too fixed my marriage after long struggle anyway its inside INDIA only :p, but where ever it is LOVE is LOVE, if u have guts go for it. "Happiness doesn't come at easy cost, but its worth it" you ll realize it, when you marry the same gal.

icebags

Technomancer
@icebag...I will register in India

then there is no need to convert, inter religion marriage is ok here. but i am not sure if u need to convert if register in BD.

u have to fix this thing by talking with bride party, see what they want.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@damngoodman999 yaah ...it is a feel of satisfaction ...I can do anything except leaving my dear parents..they are my living gods...( I really dont belive in those stone murties in temples)

@icebags..lets see what happens..nothing is a sure way

Top Bottom