Inter-Religion Marriage possible??

funskar

Padawan
Re: Inter-Religion Merrige possible??

Aslo remember ur are the one n only child of your parents..
They would have a dream for your marriage ,, or (Bahu):razz:

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master

@faun ...thanks for the tips but I had a girlfriend many years ago ....till 4 years ago...and I somewhat have the ideas ....but I am really afraid of taking any stupid step which will tarnish my Consultant image or girls image.

@techfreak ....hmm will do the check :) thanks

@rhitwick but I am not ready for those old ladki dekho and simple arrange marrige kind of thing...thats too odd, I dont like that idea itself.

I want the girl of my choice...I have noticed the girl enough and asked enough stupid questions for last 1 year :D :D where she lives, what she likes, wat she wears, how she like india, which place she wants to see there, and lots more ;)

Bangladeshi and indian people get married ...thats not new...and to marry a bangladeshi gal I have to marry in kolkata coz inter religion marrige is prohibited in bangladesh..

Changing my faith is next to impossible...but as somebody said i can become neutral and celebrate both :)

@funskar ....yaah those eklauti bahu dreams are dangerous...but my parents will agree

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

u have to know completely if she has feelings for u or not...otherwise no point moving forward.
remember this quote: "I am not a Fighter, but I'll fight for what I Love...."

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master

@zangetsu ....ha ha ha ur quote says "I will fight for what I love" and not "who loves me" :) ...I think this is what i am doing

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master

Guys I am again telling you .....I will be getting married within a year....and I really dont belive in ladki dekhne jao and tie knot like goat or cow...I want a girl of my choice...soo I was thinking of taking a chance .

So I was taking the opinion of u guys who are from different places/communities/interests ...if Hindu-Muslim marrige is even possible :)

The thread is going in the right direction...and I am very happy with the encouragement

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything

Even same-sex marriage is possible now-a-days . Then why not Hindu-Muslim ?

shreymittal

Being Human

Even same-sex marriage is possible now-a-days . Then why not Hindu-Muslim ?

True..
@OP Do what your heart says not what people says. Because if your heart is happy every thing is happy.

"Logon ka kaam hai kehna, kehete hi rhenge". Aap apne dill ki baat suno kyunki yeh happy ni rha toh kuch happy ni rhega. Go ahead bro.

abhidev

Human Spambot

before asking her out for marriage...make sure you both want the same from each other....also take it slow and try to know her better...

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master

@abhidev ....Actually I have some 3-4 months max more here....then project will be over...its already 10 months here....I dont have much time in hand..

Now there is another way to extend time....if we get next project here ....I may stay more...but i would do that only if there is chance...else I am just delaying my marrige ..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Changing my faith is next to impossible...but as somebody said i can become neutral and celebrate both :)
You will have to compromise when you reach this point. There wont be a middle ground or your side unless her parents are modern enough and the law of the land changes. I am assuming your parents will be ok with anything you do.

Has she ever asked you some personal questions ?

abhidev

Human Spambot

@abhidev ....Actually I have some 3-4 months max more here....then project will be over...its already 10 months here....I dont have much time in hand..

Now there is another way to extend time....if we get next project here ....I may stay more...but i would do that only if there is chance...else I am just delaying my marrige ..

true that...but is your relation with her reached a point where you can discuss your personal life and expectations openly....if no then its time that you pick up the speed :D

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master

@faun ....my parents r modern enough to accept any bahu I bring....even we dont follow any of un-necessary customs ...but I am the Favorite among all my relatives...and suddenly they may see me in negative light...I will just compromise to a point like "you celebrate mine and I will celebrate yours" its good for both :)

yes she know where i live,people at home,hobbies,distance from dhaka to nagpur :D my marrige plans such types

@abhidev I must say muslim girls r bit conservative and wont talk too much openly ...i think I will need third person help here..

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

You don't need a third person. Don't make that mistake. Hang out with her more often and become friends.

The law of the land is not an issue- both nations follow secular constitutions, so the law on both nations is on your side. India has a "Special marriages Act" so if a religious ceremony is not possible a registered marriage under the law is possible :)

Also, your relatives are never a problem. They have no right to dictate your life. They may not speak to you anymore, but then you don't meet each relative regularly do you? It isn't like you tell them what they should or shouldn't do. Since your parents are quite open apparently, you will not be ostracized.

And do your neighbours at home interact with your family often? If not, then again, no problems. If they do then the interaction might just decrease.

And if you're from Kolkata then I doubt there will be much trouble. This city is usually more tolerant about inter-religious societies.

If anything you should just ask your Islamic colleagues about how you should communicate with women in general without offending them.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master

@extreme gamer .....Thanks
I live in nagpur...and there is slight problem if people know...u know bit small city mentality ....but I will be working in other city like pune banglore, kolkata soo that wont be a problem.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Are you telling me that people in Nagpur don't like inter-religious marriages? I thought Nagpur was third in tolerance to only Mumbai and Pune? (Shiv Sena and MNS are retards that don't represent the majority)

Top Bottom