Intel Sandy Bridge discussion

rahul18348

Broken In
Just read this article on intel's site
Intel Identifies Chipset Design Error, Implementing Solution

I guess i'll postpone my purchase for a while until bulldozer comes out ;)

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
isn't the design error prevalent only in 2nd gen Intel Mobility Core i5 and i7 processors?
Desktop segment hasn't been hit yet right?

paroh

Padawan
Is every motherboard manufacture use intel chipset like asus , msi or this is only the intel motherboard and is the sandy bridge processor are free from any flaw?

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^yes, you got that right. The pch will get a revision in newer boards and intel will call up all existing ones for chipset replacement.

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
So the proccys are fine and only the motherboards have to be replaced.
BTW when do you think the new Motherboards will be available in india.
And what will the name be
(ie how will we make out whether the chipsets are the revised ones or original ones)

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Went to MD Comp today. Had a talk with Mr.Pradeep and the Intel Kolkata guy,Arif. He confirmed that all P/H 67 sales have been stopped and not to buy till new stocks come. That will be in late March or April. Maybe the new PCH will be known as Revision B !!!!
So Z68 and Bulldozer are better bets now. Pray they arrive soon. ;)

Tech&ME

Banned
^^yes, you got that right. The pch will get a revision in newer boards and intel will call up all existing ones for chipset replacement.

This is a massive recall excercise by INTEL will cost INTEL billions of dollars. This is similar to a recent recall by TOYOTA for its cars which costed them billion + billions of dollars.

So there is no immediate danger with using Sata II ports, right?

YES, but they will run slow.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
By buying a Z68. :D

EDIT: You can go for a PCI board with SATA ports. Will that work? Or just wait for 2 months.

Last edited:
Top Bottom