Intel Sandy Bridge discussion

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^Contact your distributor. Rashi perhaps for Asus. Talk to them about replacing the board and what orders they have regarding p67 and h67 boards.Maybe they will give you a revision B board when it arrives.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is a massive recall excercise by INTEL will cost INTEL billions of dollars. This is similar to a recent recall by TOYOTA for its cars which costed them billion + billions of dollars.
Estimated loss for Intel is $1b. Nothing more than that.

S_V

In the zone
@Vishw

PCI with sata ports is very weak in performance, it's not your permanent solution and also you did not pay for this tensions looking for alternatives.. You better deal with ASUS to replace when new Revision arrives say like April ending or June 1st week in India.... Unless INTEL do any Miracles.. Just reserve your position in ASUS service by Complaining now itself.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
No point in returning the board now as you have the processor (unless a dealer takes the processor+ mobo combo back) and newer Revs will not be sent out until april. I would suggest you to hold till april or until the time the corrected versions have come out. Shouldn't be a problem till then, but the replacement will be done with the newer rev once its available- irrespective of the brands.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
hows that rig going vishw? hows i7 2600 performance? must be blazing fast in rendering i suppose. :-D
I haven't completed it yet, Jas! :( Started on Sunday, finished with mobo, proccy, odd & hdd & but then I came down with chicken pox the next day! It's been 5 days & I'm looking like a monster from Ramsey Bros films with all those blisters all over my face & body! :evil:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I haven't completed it yet, Jas! :( Started on Sunday, finished with mobo, proccy, odd & hdd & but then I came down with chicken pox the next day! It's been 5 days & I'm looking like a monster from Ramsey Bros films with all those blisters all over my face & body! :evil:

Isshhhh...too bad.
I had chicken pox when i was 6months old :shock:
Dont have any memories tho ;)

Well,my 2bits for u..

*U shud keep from itching those blisters(or they will leave scars,ugly ones).
*Drinks lots of water.
*Have some crushed neem and tulsi leaves twice a day(boosts immunity)
*Acyclovir is useful(but doesnt decrease the duration of illness) 500-800mg*4times a day
*Paracetamol 500/650 thrice daily to check fever
*Till after 6days the last time u have fever,u can spread this disease.So keep away from susceptible people.

Hope it helped.

Wishing u a speedy and uneventful recovery bro. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ vishw

Buddy do follow what mukherjee says for a speedy recovery. No need to have any medicine but paracetamol to check fever. My suggestion is to make a bed of neem leaves and sleep on it and cover your buddy with neem leaves.

Like mukherjee suggested, consuming them with tulsi is also very good.

And don't ever itch the black scabies which will itch terribly when they dry up after 6 days. Neem leaves bed will come handy here.

Recover soon buddy and please do post.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
Thanks so much guys! Really appreciate all the tips I can get! It's such a nasty disease! I'm a prisoner in my own room 'coz of it! :evil:
Good for you mukharjee, 'coz I read that it's more severe in adults than in children. Doc has prescribed me few pills & tablets & a soothing lotion.. plus I'm drinking lots of "nariyal pani".. It's keeping me cool & refreshed plus itching is very much in check. Hopefully I'll be normal again in a week or so!

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^^^^^Its just temporary solution for p67/h67 chipset.
As the time goes by the sata ships performance diminishes with time and at the later stage it just goes dead.
if u are already having p67 and h67 chipset u can do following to save some time on the motherboard till the replacements arrive....as the replacements will not come untill april~may (2~3 months).
u can do following things to prevent save sata burnups:
1. CONNECT UR MOSTLY USED DEVICES SUCH AS HARD DRIVE TO SATA 6GBPS PORTS AS THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THEM.
2.CONNECT UR MOSTLY USED DEVICES SUCH AS HARD DRIVE TO THIRD PARTY SATA 3GBPS PORTS AS THEY ARE THIRD PARTY CHIPSET.(although some motherboard dont have third party sata chipset.)
3.CONNECT UR RARELY USED DEVICES SUCH AS DVD-DRIVE TO SATA 3GBPS PORTS AS IT WILL NOT CREATE A PROBLEM AS THEY ARE RARELY USED AS COMPARED TO HARD DRIVES.IF U USE FREQUENTLY THEN CONNECT IT TO ABOVE MENTIONED PORTS IN 1. & 2.
(DO STRICLY REFER TO MOTHERBOARDS USER MANUAL BEFORE APPLYING CHANGES)
(And sorry for my bold letters,its essential for some people to understand whats written and keep that in mind when doing the changes)
This is just the remedy if u have already purchased the p67 or h67 chipset,if u have not purchased and plan to do so my opinion is to wait till the issue gets sorted out.
Thank You.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^^^^^Its just temporary solution for p67/h67 chipset.
As the time goes by the sata ships performance diminishes with time and at the later stage it just goes dead.
if u are already having p67 and h67 chipset u can do following to save some time on the motherboard till the replacements arrive....as the replacements will not come untill april~may (2~3 months).
u can do following things to prevent save sata burnups:
1. CONNECT UR MOSTLY USED DEVICES SUCH AS HARD DRIVE TO SATA 6GBPS PORTS AS THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THEM.
2.CONNECT UR MOSTLY USED DEVICES SUCH AS HARD DRIVE TO THIRD PARTY SATA 3GBPS PORTS AS THEY ARE THIRD PARTY CHIPSET.(although some motherboard dont have third party sata chipset.)
3.CONNECT UR RARELY USED DEVICES SUCH AS DVD-DRIVE TO SATA 3GBPS PORTS AS IT WILL NOT CREATE A PROBLEM AS THEY ARE RARELY USED AS COMPARED TO HARD DRIVES.IF U USE FREQUENTLY THEN CONNECT IT TO ABOVE MENTIONED PORTS IN 1. & 2.
(DO STRICLY REFER TO MOTHERBOARDS USER MANUAL BEFORE APPLYING CHANGES)
(And sorry for my bold letters,its essential for some people to understand whats written and keep that in mind when doing the changes)
This is just the remedy if u have already purchased the p67 or h67 chipset,if u have not purchased and plan to do so my opinion is to wait till the issue gets sorted out.
Thank You.
Nice post, but please, STOP USING ALL CAPS, it's harder to read that way.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
thanks buddy...i already said sorry about all cap notes in the post itself,
i hope this post proves useful to the problem sandy bridge users are facing.

srch07

Journeyman
Oh come on, forget these things.
Either way if you are using H67 chipset like me, than you will be throwing your board for sli/crossfire configuration in 2-3 years.

Further more, 10-15% SATA speed loss won't be like lightening strike for you. Just pull these things out of your head guys :D

adityamgk

The GameFREAK is Online
sandy bridge re launch of fixed motherboards?

when will intel re luanch all the fixed p67 chipsets? and when will asus launch the fixed motherboards? any idea?

The_Man

Broken In
Re: sandy bridge re launch of fixed motherboards?

Don't expect the fixed ones before April(in India).By the way if you have only two sata devices, go and buy the existing boards.

tkin

Back to school!!
dont buy asus they arent racalling.
Its not asus's fault, I can bet its Rashi upto its sneak tactics again, bunch of @$$&^%$ :x, don't trust any companies(not even msi, gigabyte etc) as recalling is done by the distros in India and I doubt any distro in India will undertake this huge task, don't take chances, when buying the mobos check the mfg date, better to buy mobos with mfg date set at march or later, or better just buy z68 when it comes.

Top Bottom