Intel Sandy Bridge discussion

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just wondering why are not they interested in importing 2500k cpu ? It's just the perfect VFM OCers cpu.

srch07

Journeyman
Don't know, but i feel they dont have much contact or something, as many big biggies internationaly are frequently running out of stock.
Anyway, am feeling like i should buy 2400 n forget 2500.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
:rolleyes: one more reason to buy AMD in that case.
There are conflicting reports though...(edit: all right that is Intel describing DRM and yet not calling it DRM).

*www.pulado.com/game-play/Action-free-games/gmwwh/Sandy-Bridge-DRM-Attack.html :D

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i5 2500k @ 4.8ghz - ASUS P8P67 and P8P67 Deluxe Intel Sandy Bridge Motherboard Review - Overclocking the ASUS P8P67 Motherboard - Legit Reviews

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^holy moly , now thats an overclocking result. The boards are really great and highly recommended for k processors. The asus auto tune is a wonderful feature. One click on the efi bios increases the multiplier significantly.

Well done ASUS.

adityamgk

The GameFREAK is Online
Asus launch 12 sandy bridge p67 and h67 based boards today in india. These are the boards and the prices:

ASUS P8P67 And P8H67 Series Motherboards Come To India

Asus Launches P8P67 and P8H67 Motherboards > Motherboards > Techtree.com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ORIGIN PC Overclocks New Core i7 to 5.0 GHz

( and they are saying it's well over 5 Ghz !!! )

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Friends, I have been searching for sandybridge in Kolkata for the last few days...

Finally,had a talk with Mr. Pradeep of MD Computers. He,an intel kolkata guy(arindam,or arijit,i dnt remember) and myself had a conference call with result that I came to knw that only i5 2300 and i7 2600 are coming to Kolkata next wk. He can arrange for i5 2500K n i7 2600K back to back(on order). Prices will be notified in the next week.

Pradeep also said that MD have good relations with SMC Delhi(an SMC store is coming up in Kolkata soon,he said :D ), Prime ABGB and Delta Chennai :cool:. He can arrange to have the products sent to Kolkata with local warranty :D .

And this is Vedant's reply to SB query: "U saw it in net? Will take at least 6mths to arrive. Newest is i5 650 n i7 870!!!!" :mad:

Wat say?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Great news for new S.B buyers, the 2600K is available in SMC,
Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
It just came a bit lower than I thought.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
I was browsing through some forums & found lotsa threads saying that Intel recommended RAM voltage for SB is 1.5v & it's risky to go above that! That got me concerned coz I already bought 16GB XMS3 which runs at 1.65v! :???:
So guys, what should I do? should I downvolt it to 1.5v just to be safer? or do I let my mobo take care of it by setting it to Auto?

tkin

Back to school!!
I was browsing through some forums & found lotsa threads saying that Intel recommended RAM voltage for SB is 1.5 & it's risky to go above that! That got me concerned coz I already bought 16GB XMS3 which runs at 1.65! So guys, what should I do? should I downvolt it to 1.5v just to be safer? or do I let my mobo take care of it by setting it to Auto?
Try auto, if it crashes then undervolt but you may need to decrease the clockspeed of the rams, go down one level(according to its jedec specs), but its always not safe to undervolt any component below its recommended voltage.
If all fails sell the ram at ebay or something and get certified rams, ddr3 is dirt cheap these days.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
Try auto, if it crashes then undervolt but you may need to decrease the clockspeed of the rams, go down one level(according to its jedec specs), but its always not safe to undervolt any component below its recommended voltage.
If all fails sell the ram at ebay or something and get certified rams, ddr3 is dirt cheap these days.
Hmm.. I haven't done that before.. sounds risky! But my mobo has MemOK button.. hope that'll come handy!
BTW, specs page at Corsair.com says "Tested Voltage 1.65v & SPD Voltage 1.5". What does that mean? What's SPD Voltage?

tkin

Back to school!!
Hmm.. I haven't done that before.. sounds risky! But my mobo has MemOK button.. hope that'll come handy!
BTW, specs page at Corsair.com says "Tested Voltage 1.65v & SPD Voltage 1.5". What does that mean? What's SPD Voltage?
The info. in the SPD is the default timings for the individual RAM. DDR3 industry default voltage is 1.5 V. Increased RAM voltage is often required to run the RAM stable at a higher frequency. You can try 1.5 V and see if your PC is stable but more than likely to run higher RAM frequencies you will need to increase the RAM voltage to match the label on your RAM as that's how it was tested and speed graded.

So basically, put the ram in, run it, if it crashes then change the voltage to 1.65v and try to run it again, if it becomes stable then run it like that, I've known a lot of users running ddr3 rams at 1.65v without any issues, most asus and gigabyte mobos can run this, intel mobos are not so good with high voltages.

More clockspeed=More voltage.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Core i7 2600k is available at smc @ 16.9k

here's the OG post by Jas :

AT LAST, GUYS, AT LAST

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 16.9k
Asus P8P67 PRO @ 13k

Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
Asus P8P67 PRO Mother Board

^^ That mobo can be purcahsed at 12k though and Asus has two more P67 mobos ie P8P67 @ 10.5k and P8P67 Deluxe @ 15k.

So how many of you are going to grab this or you guys will wait for Z68 to use the every features offered by this wonderful cpu.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Core i7 2600k is available at smc @ 16.9k

here's the OG post by Jas :

^^ That mobo can be purcahsed at 12k though and Asus has two more P67 mobos ie P8P67 @ 10.5k and P8P67 Deluxe @ 15k.

So how many of you are going to grab this or you guys will wait for Z68 to use the every features offered by this wonderful cpu.
Z68 FTW!! P67 is so damn stupid.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Z68 FTW!! P67 is so damn stupid.
Z68 = P67 + IGP or H67 + OC
And SSD Caching.

Anything else that makes it worth, because its kinda useless for someone that is getting a GPU?? :?

Top Bottom