Intel Sandy Bridge discussion

Vishw

Journeyman
& the reviews are out! :grin:

The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Intel Sandy Bridge Review | bit-tech.net

Intel's Second-Gen Core CPUs: The Sandy Bridge Review : Core i7-2600K, Core i5-2500K, Core i5-2400, And Core i3-2100 Reviewed

Intel Unveils Sandy Bridge: Core i7 2600K, i5 2500K, i5 2400, i3 2100 CPUs - Enter Intel Sandy Bridge Processors - Legit Reviews

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge CPU LGA-1155 Desktop Processor Performance Review by David Ramsey

Intel-i7-2600k-sandy-bridge-review

Intel i7 2600K & i5 2500K Review

Intel's 'Sandy Bridge' Core processors

Last edited:
OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
I wonder how the pricing's gonna be for K chips? Looking at the prices of i7 2600 & i5 2400, posted on deltapage, 2600k should be around 16-17k & 2500k around 11-12k! I can't wait! :D

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Now instead of 'Intel Inside' its 'Rajnikanth Inside' :-D

BTW according to Anand Tech i5 2xxx is significantly more powerful then previous generation (at last we can call them previous generation :)), then i7 2600k would prove to be one hell of a bomb.

azzu

AJJU
In order to maintain its healthy profit margins Intel breaks backwards compatibility (and thus avoids validation) with existing LGA-1156 motherboards, Sandy Bridge requires a new LGA-1155 motherboard equipped with a 6-series chipset. You can re-use your old heatsinks however.

somethings never change..
but hey "You can re-use your old heatsinks however"...lol

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
one thing confuses me. the i5 2400 has max multiplier of 38x and relies only on turbo for oc. The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

but the cpuz here - The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
shows 48x multiplier and oced to 4.8ghz i5 2400!!

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
tech2.in.com sandy-bridge-cpus-already-on-sale

As per this news intel's second generation processors seems to be somewhat budget friendly :)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Check this MSI P67 Motherboard- MSI Computer P67A-GD65 Intel P67 Motherboard - FIRST LOOK - PCSTATS.com

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well within less than a month my proccy gone outdated!!! Great. Atleast Intel shouldn't have change the socket type as old motherboard's too gone outdated and has to be changed.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well within less than a month my proccy gone outdated!!! Great. Atleast Intel shouldn't have change the socket type as old motherboard's too gone outdated and has to be changed.
well, that's the way Intel works.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Vishw - thanks for the links.

So my prediction seems to be true :

With a bit more effort and a better cooler, you can get anywhere in the 4.6-5.0GHz range though
It's a bit too early to tell how solid these near-5GHz overclocks will be, but I'm confident in the sub-4.5GHz overclocks we were able to sustain.

^^ from anadtech

what good is a cpu review without some proper mobo review ! check these out :

ASUS P8P67 and P8P67 Deluxe Intel Sandy Bridge Motherboard Review

Intel DP67BG P67-Express Motherboard Review

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7 Intel P67 Motherboard - FIRST LOOK

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
see this -

Z68

In developing its 6-series chipsets Intel wanted to minimize as much risk as possible, so much of the underlying chipset architecture is borrowed from Lynnfield’s 5-series platform. The conservative chipset development for Sandy Bridge left a hole in the lineup. The P67 chipset lets you overclock CPU and memory but it lacks the flexible display interface necessary to support SNB’s HD Graphics. The H67 chipset has an FDI so you can use the on-die GPU, however it doesn’t support CPU overclocking—only memory. What about those users who don’t need a discrete GPU but still want to overclock their CPUs? With the chipsets that Intel is launching today, you’re effectively forced to buy a discrete GPU if you want to overclock your CPU. This is great for AMD/NVIDIA, but not so great for consumers who don’t need a discrete GPU and not the most sensible decision on Intel’s part.

no ocing on H67.:-(

Z68 -
There is a third member of the 6-series family that will begin shipping in Q2: Z68. Take P67, add processor graphics support and you’ve got Z68. It’s as simple as that. Z68 is also slated to support something called SSD Caching, which Intel hasn’t said anything to us about yet. With version 10.5 of Intel’s Rapid Storage Technology drivers, Z68 will support SSD caching. This sounds like the holy grail of SSD/HDD setups, where you have a single drive letter and the driver manages what goes on your SSD vs. HDD. Whether SSD Caching is indeed a DIY hybrid hard drive technology remains to be seen. It’s also unclear whether or not P67/H67 will get SSD Caching once 10.5 ships.

You mean its got no unlocked muliplier and the bclk is locked too. Hmm must be a k model then. No idea

not a k.
moreover max turbo of 3.4ghz only!

can someone explain this a bit -
What happens when you try to play 23.976 fps content on a display that refreshes itself 24.000 times per second? You get a repeated frame approximately every 40 seconds to synchronize the source frame rate with the display frame rate. That repeated frame appears to your eyes as judder in motion, particularly evident in scenes involving a panning camera.
source- The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

what is meant by - VT-X, VT-D, TXT, AES-NI?
source - The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Last edited:
Top Bottom