Intel Sandy Bridge discussion

The_Man

Broken In
But I have a problem.I will be selling my current PC on the day after tomorrow.:-| It's a good deal and I don't think I will get anything like that again.I have only 2 SATA devices:a HDD and an optical drive.So I think I should go for the cheapest SB mobo now(something like the Intel H67BL)and then upgrade to a bug fixed P67 later when I buy a graphics card.

I cant wait for another 2 months.What do ya kids think?:p

tkin

Back to school!!
But I have a problem.I will be selling my current PC on the day after tomorrow.:-| It's a good deal and I don't think I will get anything like that again.I have only 2 SATA devices:a HDD and an optical drive.So I think I should go for the cheapest SB mobo now(something like the Intel H67BL)and then upgrade to a bug fixed P67 later when I buy a graphics card.

I cant wait for another 2 months.What do ya kids think?:p
Go ahead and buy but know this, in future you have to rma that board(intel rma takes ages and most times they give back another problematic board), so basically you'll just have to through that away in a few months or so(or wait 3 months then), else you can wait two months.
Your choice pretty much.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
hmm i say the man can buy a gigabyte board coz of that awesome exchange program.

or maybe buy amd solution for now or buy a temp second hand lappy.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Intel set to release socket 2011 cpu's in Q4 2011 as opposed to Q3 2011 earlier. See this and this.

Intel will also ship revised B3 boards of socket 1155 from next week. Check this.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so when can we expect to get the revised boards??April??IS there any way some of the boards revised come in march or so????

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Ronnie11

Might be march but definitely in april. You have waited so much. Waiting a bit more will certainly be worthwhile.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Just for the record....Z68 mobos will allow us to switch between the onboard and addon gfx cards so that we can switch to onboard gfx for encoding and addon gfx for gaming....right??

tkin

Back to school!!
Just for the record....Z68 mobos will allow us to switch between the onboard and addon gfx cards so that we can switch to onboard gfx for encoding and addon gfx for gaming....right??
No, it copies the framebuffer(memory contents) from the external gpu to the inbuilt one via pcie bus, so its not same as switchable and high end gps will suffer from this setup.

abhidev

Human Spambot
but then earlier when it was announced it said that you can switch between the gfx cards...so that you can use the full encoding capability of the onboard proccy even if you have an onboard gfx.... i mean this is one of the advantage it stated over the current P67 mobos....

tkin

Back to school!!
but then earlier when it was announced it said that you can switch between the gfx cards...so that you can use the full encoding capability of the onboard proccy even if you have an onboard gfx.... i mean this is one of the advantage it stated over the current P67 mobos....
According to the latest reports lucid is developing a software technology for this, it will not be truly switchable like nVidia optimus, it will copy the framebuffer, I've written a long post before explaining this, look into my post list if you want to understand it better.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
Site is updated with the new B3 revision. Click!

Regarding drivers for Intel HD graphics, which drivers are preferred? The mobo manufacturer's or Intel's?
Drivers on Asus site are more than 3 months old & Intel's one month, so should I install the latest Intel ones or just stick with the Asus ones?

tkin

Back to school!!
Site is updated with the new B3 revision. Click!

Regarding drivers for Intel HD graphics, which drivers are preferred? The mobo manufacturer's or Intel's?
Drivers on Asus site are more than 3 months old & Intel's one month, so should I install the latest Intel ones or just stick with the Asus ones?
Intel, always, asus implements the chipset in its basic form, no mods there, like how xfx makes gpus, use the latest drivers.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
For those who are interested, LucidLogix has released a demo of their GPU virtualization software for SandyBridge.

[url=*www.lucidlogix.com/]Lucidlogix with the multi-GPU solution[/URL]

FWIW the demo only works with H67 boards.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
guys take a look at these benches and compare 2500k and 1100T in heavily threaded apps and give your views.

guru3d images cant be copied. so see the links -
Core i5 2500K and Core i7 2600K review

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
umm heard something about adobe cs5 biased towards intel processors could someone help out in uncovering the truth.

Top Bottom