Intel Sandy Bridge discussion

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Z68 = P67 + IGP or H67 + OC
And SSD Caching.

Anything else that makes it worth, because its kinda useless for someone that is getting a GPU?? :?

You won't be able to use Intel Quick sync with P67 and H67 won't let you OC even if you have a "K" series cpu - Z68 brings both to you ie OC + Intel Quick Sync

Intel Quick sync offers the best video quality and speed in video transcoding :

The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

So Z68 is really going to be just great to harness every features offered by K series SB cpus.

tkin

Back to school!!
Z68 = P67 + IGP or H67 + OC
And SSD Caching.

Anything else that makes it worth, because its kinda useless for someone that is getting a GPU?? :?
Heres the deal, if you get P67 you can't use your onboard gpu(what happens if your discrete gpu ever needs a rma?), but with P67 if you get k series cpu then it will have better onboard gpu.

H67 will no allow you to overclock, so hence you'll get only non k series cpu with inferior onboard gpu.

Z68 will allow you to get k series(OC)+onboard gpu, i.e you can have your cake and eat it too.

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
Sandy Bridge is now available in kolkata at an amazing price of just Rs. 9300 .
I am so very happy.........
Finally SANDY BRIDGE i5 2500K

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Sandy Bridge is now available in kolkata at an amazing price of just Rs. 9300 .
I am so very happy.........
Finally SANDY BRIDGE i5 2500K

Gr8 news!

9300 bucks? Which proccy are u referring to? i5 2300 or i5 2400? IMO i5 2500K shud be costlier.... Any news of i7 2600K?

Also have a look here guys! i5 2500K!!

Last edited:

Bulldozer929

Broken In
some more deals.
[GO] Intel 2500k + GA OR Asus Mobo Combo @ SMC--Buy Now !!
[GO] Corsair Value Select 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 1333MHz Desktop Memory @ 999 Shipped

at last gigabyte p67 is here!!

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
i5 2500k is for Rs 9300 in kolkata
i7 2600k is around 5k more
-> Rs 14300

Are you absolutely sure that u are not talking abt the multiplier locked i5 2500 and i7 2600 here?
See the SMC pricing aabove...

If the unlocked K skus cost like this,then hell yeah....dats a sweet deal.

And yes,where did u get the deal? I mean the seller!
Any motherboard pricing? P67,asus,msi?

Last edited:

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
Are you absolutely sure that u are not talking abt the multiplier locked i5 2500 and i7 2600 here?
See the SMC pricing aabove...

If the unlocked K skus cost like this,then hell yeah....dats a sweet deal.

And yes,where did u get the deal? I mean the seller!
Any motherboard pricing? P67,asus,msi?

Well I specifically mentioned i5 2500K 3 times to the shop vendor(MD Computers) and he said Rs.9300 (Not my fault if he still misunderstood the proccy):razz:
Well He said that H67 is available (only Asus and Intel)
He said that he doesnt THINK that P67 is available right now!

also (im sorry if im moving away from the topic) does anyone know where i can sell my old rig.
Here are a few of the necessary details:
P4 2.4 GHz
1 gb ddr ram
120 gb(40 + 80 gb ) hdd
SONY DVD WRITER
Im in kolkata btw and please let me know the price i may get
Thanks in advance people

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that's a mistake by the sales guy and the price of core i5 2500 is 9.3k.

@ 11.25K the 2500K is an amazing deal to get a SB cpu but still I feel the need for a Z68 mobo but OCers who don't care about the quick sync should consider getting this gem with a suitable OC friendly P67 mobo.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: Hardware spec sheet/price update

Ishu, I did not understand your statement. How you are gonna use HT? I don't think you can enable or disable them and any multithreaded applications will get a serious performance boost due to HT.
It was even proven while comparing i5 760 with i7 920/930. In all the multi-threaded apps like Video encoding using Handbrake, Video editing using Adobe premier or adobe photo-shop or 3D studio max, all of which are heavily multi-threaded, used to get a serious performance boost in i7 processors because of its simultaneous 8 thread processing capability.
Right now Intel processors are using fastest DDR3 memory controller in desktop market and hence reducing the chance of bottleneck.

And as per my knowledge most of the game developers have confirmed about their multi-core support optimization in the future games. For example Crisis 2 can use 8 cores.

But ya. in Indian market the price difference is very high compared to the International market. But I think within a couple of months it will come down.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Re: Hardware spec sheet/price update

Video encoding using Handbrake, Video editing using Adobe premier or adobe photo-shop or 3D studio max
Yeah but how much time I/generic user going to spend on video editing/encoding? Not enough to make it worth.

Now if I put that 5.5k towards a SSD.
HD 6950 instead of HD6870 or GTX 580 instead of GTX 570 etc.

And even if Crysis 2 uses 8 cores, it is going to be limited by most current GPUs.

IMO unless someone is Encoding/Editing a lot/pro stuff, 2500k is a better choice.

BTW price difference is $100 in US.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So 2500K is a better choice for gamers who wants a fast cpu and a lot of OC and makes more sense for it's lower price tag.

and 2600K is just great for just anything ie video encoding, gaming and OC though I still don't think it worth the price premium.

BTW, even if future games will be use multi core cpus more efficiently I don't think only HT could give those games some serious performance boost future games will be more gpu hungry for sure.

Other than that Increased physical core count ( within a particular architecture ) always offers much performance boost over HT and HT is more optimized for video transcoding and some specific apps rather than games.

BTW, here's a benchmark about what the performance with HT on and off - it may seem a little bit offtopic but you guys should read these :

Review - Intel Core i5 and Core i7 Lynnfield review | bit-tech.net

*ixbtlabs.com/articles3/cpu/archspeed-2009-4-p1.html
*ixbtlabs.com/articles3/cpu/archspeed-2009-4-p2.html

so the conclusion is that physical core count is more important than HT and offers a huge performance boost.

Last edited:

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
@ Ishu
No topgear was just guessing
btw guess what ......
I just called them again and they said that it is for that price :)
and what do yall say about this config at rs 50k(49.5)(including vat) and do these shops give discounts at a purchase of 50k
what is the avg discount
Config:
Core i5 2500k
DH67BL MB
4 gb corsair ddr3(2*2gb)
1 tb seagate
cooler master elite 430
corsair vx 550
mSi gtx 460 cyclone
LG DVD Writer
BenQ /Dell 22" Full HD LCD

ALso is the price gr8 avg or over the top.
I feel its pretty good the price.
Also where can I sell my current PC

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
The price is normal. But I think you should get P67 instead of H67.

You can sell your PC in the Bazaar Forum.

Top Bottom