mazenium73

Right off the assembly line
dunno man...
may be 6xxx series will make a change
but these prices are of delhi market
in kolkata they might be lower than these

i dont have the info regarding the prices in Bangalore
but regarding that heat query....
u wont have any heat problems with 965/55/45 as they come with good heat sink fan
just remember to apply new thermal paste ( like cooler master)

Thanx alot bro but u havent advised me is i5 better or amd for a long time ?
and have you or any of the members heard or tried the Phenom 2 x4 970 BE ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ If you are going to get core i5 760 then you will need a discrete gfx card even if you get a mobo which has integrated graphics coz in core i3 and core i5 procs the IGP controller is built into the cpu itself and not all core i5's has IGP controller and the core i5 760 don't have this.

If you want a mobo which has vga, dvi ports etc try a mobo based on H55 chipset - they comes with vga, DVI, HDMI ports etc. but even then you'll need a cpu which has Integrated Graphics like core i5 650 but do keep in mind that it's performance will not be as much as quad cores.

For mobos with vga, dvi pots get GA-H55M-USB3 @ ~7k or GA-H55M-S2H @ ~7.2k.

if you are getting core i5 760 instead your mobo choice should be GA-P55M-US3L but you'll need a gfx card for that which will depend on your budget and do keep in mind that you will need a good quality PSU as well.

Performance wise core i5 760 performs better than Amd Phenoms.

but if you want integrated gfx then your choice should be AMD Phenom II X4 cpus - there's plenty of mobos available for this platforms at various price range - try to get mobos based on AMD 880G, 890FX chipset

Phenom II 970BE is nothing more than highly clocked version of Phenom II 965BE - so if you know how to OC there's really no point in going for a 970BE.

BTW, Let us know about your budget first.

tkin

Back to school!!
So,ATI not going to cut any price.....:shock:
That's a bit weird, GTX460(768MB) is neck to neck with HD5770 in terms of price and performance is higher too, maybe HD6750 being near they want to make the maximum out of the remaining HD5770 stock, no use buying a HD5770 now.

mazenium73

Right off the assembly line
Thanx alot bro , i forgot to mention i already have Ati radeon 4670 1Gb DDR3 graphics , and corsair psu 750 watts , my budget is 20k for these things :-

i5 - 760 quad core with 8 mb cache

Gigabyte motherboard compatible with the i5 with Dvi , Hdmi , Ddr 3 , integrated graphics

2 Gb x 2 G-skill Ddr3 rams 1333 or 1600

500 Gb western Digit Hdd

Cilus

laborare est orare
Thanx alot bro , i forgot to mention i already have Ati radeon 4670 1Gb DDR3 graphics , and corsair psu 750 watts , my budget is 20k for these things :-

i5 - 760 quad core with 8 mb cache

Gigabyte motherboard compatible with the i5 with Dvi , Hdmi , Ddr 3 , integrated graphics

2 Gb x 2 G-skill Ddr3 rams 1333 or 1600

500 Gb western Digit Hdd

I think it is little difficult to manage all those things to be managed within your budget.
Core i5 760 2.8GHz @ 9.8k
Intel DP55WB @ 6.1k
or ECS P55H-CM @ 5.5k
rather than G-Skill, go for Kingston one: Kingston 2GB X 2 DDR3 1333MHz C9 VALUE @ 4.6k
500 GB SATA @ 1.8k

total is 21.8k + Vat. Street price for some of the components may be a little less. So expect everything like 21k+ 4% vat

RaptorX

Broken In
Last I checked at Prime....they were selling 4gb xms3 ddr3 1600 kits for 4600/- or so. Apparently they bought a huge number in bulk. Thus, the near 500rs difference compared to other shops.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
This is a sort of repeat request. I am still looking for 500 GB or 1 TB WD Caviar Black HDDs with prices in Kolkata. Can anyone please help me?

Last edited:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Time for update :

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 2.9k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1.5TB @ 4.2k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 2TB @ 5.2k

Seagate Free Agent Go 320GB @ 3K
Seagate Free Agent Go 500GB @ 3.5K

Pendrives :

Kingston 4GB @ Rs. 400
Kingston 8GB @ Rs. 725
Kingston 16GB @ 1.5k

Any news on WD Caviar Black 500 GB or 1 TB?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about the availability in local shops but expect to pay Rs. ~4.5-4.8k for 1TB and ~2.5k to 2.8k for 500GB one.

BTW, Here's some Update on Corsair PSu Prices :

Corsair 400CX Power Supply - 2675
Corsair 450VX Power Supply - 3600
Corsair 550VX Power Supply - 4800
Corsair 650TX Power Supply - 6300
Corsair 750TX Power Supply - 7000
Corsair 850TX Power Supply - 7400 - sweet Deal For High end SLi or CF rigs
Corsair 950TX Power Supply - 9500
Corsair 750HX Power Supply - 8600
Corsair 850HX Power Supply - 9450
Corsair 1000HX Power Supply - 14400

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Thanks, topgear. I should start looking into Chandni Chawk shops all over again for any available stock.

sujoyp

Grand Master
guys my friend have a Intel 945 chipset based motherboard with PCI-e 1.0

he wants a cheap graphic card to play old games like NFS MW, Burnout, Unreal tournament 2007, Cricket 2007 etc in 1024*768 or at least 800*600 in full glory....
Budget is max 5k...not a paisa more;-)

please suggest

Tenida

Gadget Freak
You should consider SAPPHIRE HD 5670 512MB@Rs 4.7 k.I think it is best gf card under rs 5k margin and power efficient also as resolution is not that high.

Here's the cards review-Sapphire HD 5670 1GB Review - Overclockers Club

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, that would the best but you can also consider GT240 if you can't find any HD5670 512MB version.

Yoda

Journeyman
Hi topgear,

Thanks very much for the updated Info. on Hardware Prices.

What is the approx. price of "Western Digital My Book Essential, 2TB, USB 2.0 (External Hard Drives)" in Bangalore or Chennai.

Regards
Yoda

insaneYLN

In the zone
@ topgear

Sir, i went to a few local dealers to inquire about the prices of ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics cards, Corsair PSUs, Kingston 4GB DDR2 800MHz memory modules (a kit of 2 x 2GB) & Zion 4GB DDR2 800MHz memory modules.

The graphics cards that i have narrowed down to are -

1] Gigabyte GV-R577SO-1GD

2] MSI R5770 Hawk

3] Sapphire HD 5770 1GB DDR5 PCIE

All the local dealers told me they will call & inform me about the prices of the above cards as they do not have the "current price list" & the cards are "not in stock".:sad:

The Corsair PSU of my choice is -

CMPSU-850TX (i also wanted to inquire the prices of the TX650 & TX750 but i got the same response as mentioned above)

For the TX850, except for one dealer, the others told me that they do not keep such a "high" PSU in stock!:?
The one dealer who had the TX850 told me that it would cost me approximately 12,000 INR with tax.:shock:

The Kingston 4GB RAM kit that i am looking for is -
KHX6400D2K2/4G
Kingston Technology Company - Memory Search - Partsinfo

All the local dealers told me that they have stopped stocking Kingston memory modules as there is no service centre in Goa & many customers are "unhappy" especially when it comes to RMA issues.:?:

As for Zion, the dealers told me that there is no kit per se which means i will have to purchase 2 individual modules of 2GB each (fine by me, as long as both are 800MHz;-))
But the price quoted is Rs 2650/- (inclusive of tax) for each module.

It has been quite a hectic day & one of the places i can find relief is here at TDF. (the other, the basketball court :smile:)

Friends, i desperately need your help.
i am going to Mumbai in the 3rd week of October to visit my Dad & i am hoping to make my intended hardware purchases then.
Do you recommend i buy the peripherals in Mumbai or should i consider Delhi or Bangalore as well or should i do my purchases online?

Thank you for bearing with this long & naive post.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ first visit ITWares & primeabgb (online) & inquire about stock availability. try book the items you need. so when you go to Mumbai, you simply can visit, take the items, checkout.

Top Bottom