For all those who are planning to join BIG IT companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitraark

Decrepit
^^
I personally feel the disclaimer was but in bad taste to the blog, to sensationalize the blog.

The particular paragraph seemed like a rhetorical statement to me. Much like those Hindi dialogues like "Ek baap ka beta hai toh samne aa" [ No offence meant :| ] It was weird being told to consider that quite a number of times ..

harihari

Banned
At last I read each and every comment made on that article. I liked one comment a lot.

Quoted comment link
traviklais:

There is a very interesting pattern in the long discussion in comments. The people who disagree with this article are either still working in one of these three companies or they have never worked in one of these three companies. Those who have worked in one of these three companies and then left it to join a better company are the ones who agree with the article in their comments. There are two implications of this pattern.

1. People who have seen only one side of the software industry disagree with this article.

2. People who have seen both sides of the software industry agree with this article.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Javin, there wasn't any need to create a new ID "harihari".

*i.imgur.com/1FdDS.png
*i.imgur.com/riIhB.png

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
People like us who have been in the IT industry for a long time may not find any eye-opening stuff in his blog. We all know the reality. But freshers don't know the reality. I personally feel that the article should be read for what it's worth by every fresher. But I don't mean that everyone should just read and throw away their offers from Infy, TCS or Wipro and sit jobless at home. I hope the freshers have the brains to read the post, think critically and take the most appropriate decision for their careers.

Thanks for this one. Freshers believe first by what they've listened. The Reality comes to them only after some years of experience (may be in months you can say).
Absolutely Freshers need to think again on such issues before falling prey to the hype of these companies. Because these kind of decisions are most important to our life.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
No I did read it, but after reading the first few posts, that was my reaction, and saw vicky had the same reaction.

God, to all those who understood fair enough!

Write a book and get over it already!!

One thing nobody posted , I had 3 job offers when i was out of college . You know what i joined ?

The one who was offering the most money. #FACHT of life IMO,

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
#FACT of life IMO,

that is obvious. I wish I could get into INTEL (cuz AMD isn't there?)

But I think Broadcom and all are making their presence here too, and I would be happy to start anywhere there.

No IT job.

#FACHT is being used for a reason mate . lets no go into that .

Intel is awesome company to work in . Brilliant office in Bangalore . I wish i could get there . :(

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
What about the hash? :lol:
Do you speak that in actual conversation as well
"Hello my name is At the rate of Jack, I wonder anyone will accomopany me to the Hash movie. Hash Yahoo. Hash Fun. ok thx bye." :
"Hash Movie is Hash Fail"
:rolleyes: :lol:

# is being used to emphasize soemthing when the you want to notify others that this is something not missing .

@ssk..

Do that mate :) .

deathwish

Are you dead yet?
Since many of you are going on and on about how this blog might affect the 'innocent' mind of a fresher, well I thought I might as well put in my opinion on the matter. I am a student in my third of engineering (so technically, I am not yet a fresher but still...), from an average college etc etc, who has a healthy interest in the IT field. I am an average student, an aam aadmi, so I hope my opinion will help you guys.

What S.Pal said in his blog were purely his thoughts and lessons he learnt from life. I'm not complaining when I get free advice. :)

So right now in college the myths are still very active. According to these myths, if you get into Infosys, TCS, etc. your life is set! Everyone wants a placement, and a placement from one of these 'reputed' companies is more than enough for most people.

When I read his blog it confirmed what I had heard before. It wasn't something new. It didn't brainwash me. However, he did put forth some pretty interesting arguments supporting his decision. No point re-iterating them all over again though. I understand that this advice caters to the elite students who have what it takes to get into really good companies.

But that doesn't mean we can't learn from him. Actually, I was inspired. It made me feel good that people are still innovating and pushing technology forward from India itself. That everyone doesn't have to work under a Big banner to make a living, and that we don't have to go abroad if we do want to make an impact.

Now, when I apply for a job, if I get something in Microsoft, Google, etc. obviously I will take it. But if I don't and I do not get a startup which is doing a really interesting project, I will happily go to Infi, TCS, etc. Every place has its own share of things to learn and people to idolize!!

So cheers to that! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom